Ultimate Wednesday at PopCultureShock.com

Re: Ultimate Wednesday at Popculture.com

Kinda makes you want to take Ultimate Central and convert it to a general comics discussion board.

And sell all of your Ultimate comics (Puttin' all my HCs, sans Ultimates, on eBay tonight)!

Re: Ultimate Wednesday at Popculture.com

Kinda makes you want to take Ultimate Central and convert it to a general comics discussion board.

We should still keep the slogan though, so we can be the ULTIMATE in comics or something.

I'm going to laugh my *** off if you guys finally change the name and a few months pass and the Ultimate titles all pick up again.

Kong looks like a forty-five year old balding man in half those panels. That's all I have to say about Ultimate Spider-Man.

"He's going to deemphasize my nose with a little blusher. You got a problem?" Just for that, I'll commit to a full twelve months on UFF. I won't back out on this book for a year, no matter how bad it gets..... I'm digging this book so much. And I want to know the truth behind their cosmic accident. Man-Thing was present at it, and now Diablo has a use for them. It's like they're a weirdness nexus. Something is definitely going on there.

As for UXM, well.... Kirkman is awesome with ensembles.

Edit: Storm has some big, beautiful, mocha boobs.

Last edited:
I'm going to laugh my *** off if you guys finally change the name and a few months pass and the Ultimate titles all pick up again.

The Ultimate Universe is being taken over by Loeb.

I don't see an improvement.

"He's going to deemphasize my nose with a little blusher. You got a problem?" Just for that, I'll commit to a full twelve months on UFF. I won't back out on this book for a year, no matter how bad it gets..... I'm digging this book so much. And I want to know the truth behind their cosmic accident. Man-Thing was present at it, and now Diablo has a use for them. It's like they're a weirdness nexus. Something is definitely going on there.

NO HE WAS NOT. That was Reed and Sue going through different forms, like the apple in Reed's explanation. It looked like it was Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, Doom and Man-Thing, but it was actually ALL REED AND SUE'S CHANGES. You can tell because all of the figures are HOLDING HANDS.

Why am I the only one who realizes this?

NO HE WAS NOT. That was Reed and Sue going through different forms, like the apple in Reed's explanation. It looked like it was Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, Doom and Man-Thing, but it was actually ALL REED AND SUE'S CHANGES. You can tell because all of the figures are HOLDING HANDS.

Why am I the only one who realizes this?

Because I read it once, didn't even think about it, and then when someone brought it up, assumed it was Man-Thing. ;)

I always thought it was like a kinda ultimate extension of the 4 elements..f4 has always been water, air, fire, rock...they were just adding metal and wood?...for doom/man thing's origins..and to make it even more different from 616

They did

I have no idea what Twilight is talking about

Ultimate Fantastic Four issue number seven. Part one of the Doom arc. Page four counting the recap page but not the cover.

Reed and Sue are holding hands while being surrounded by white light and weird motion lines. The next panel is them in the same place, but with semi-transparent figures beneath them. Beneath Reed is a semi-transparent Thing and Man-Thing. Beneath Sue is a Doom and Human Torch. The Thing and Doom are next to each other and the Man-Thing and Torch are next to each other. The Thing and Doom are clearly holding hands and the Torch and Man-Thing also appear to be holding hands right beneath where the panel ends. They also have the same postures and expressions as Reed and Sue.

The third panel is a close-up on Reed and Sue's hands. Sue's skin is invisible and you can see her bones and veins.

Victor and Ben were not holding hands during the accident. Johnny was not holding hands with anyone during the accident.

Here's a conversation Reed and Ben have later:

Reed: Here's the apple we were going to transport through the N-zone. What we were going to do is e-mail it, okay? The transporter in Nevada was like a computer, and the N-zone was like a phone line. Now check this out. This is the phase-space of the apple. Phase-space is all the conceivable states of an object. Like, maybe this apple's seed never grew. Maybe it got a plant disease. Maybe it rotted on the branch. All the ways the apple could have gone, see? Once something organic goes into the N-zone, it shifts into its own phase-space. It's the superpositioner that tells the N-zone that, no, it's our grown apple, and it's being e-mailed off to another computer. Yeah?

Ben: 'Kay.

Reed: 'Kay. Victor messed with the superpositioner. The hole into the N-zone expanded out. For a fraction of a second, we were all in the N-zone. For a fraction of a second, we were all in our own phase-spaces. And the superpositioner wasn't able to tell the N-zone that we were us.

Ben: So we all came out as rotten apples?

Reed: Kinda.

Ben: So this good apple here--this is me? And all these others, these are what I could've been? And because of the broken thing, my body got swapped over with one of these?

Reed: Yeah.

Get it? The Man-Thing was something that Reed might have turned into, if he'd been in a different kind of accident or was born a mutant or was born into different circumstances. So was the Thing shape. Sue might have been a female Doom or Human Torch.

If you can provide a quote FROM A CREATOR, then I will admit that I was wrong, that I typed all this for nothing, and will humbly prostrate myself before your greatness.

But until you do that, THERE WAS NO MAN-THING.

Latest posts

Back