Ultimate Wendigo

Goodwill said:
I've actually never heard that before... Anyway, if not Weapon X, what else could there be for our Wendigo?

I said Mystique should have WeaponX ties... I think at one point? Didn't I? Though, that's not my first choice for her I think she should a part of the brotherhood.

I think the whole Big Footesque deal would be the most ideal.

Well, I wouldn't mind Wendigo having Weapon X, but if that's the case, then this story arc better have more. There are still a whole bunch of questions of Wolverine's past that needs to be answered. If Wendigo is involved with Weapon X, and thus Weapon X is involved in the story, then at least one of these questions should be answered. We should be seeing progress, instead of different writers coming in and confusing everything more by throwing in more questions that'll end up in a mess in the end (kinda like 616).

IcyFlames said:
Well, I wouldn't mind Wendigo having Weapon X, but if that's the case, then this story arc better have more. There are still a whole bunch of questions of Wolverine's past that needs to be answered. If Wendigo is involved with Weapon X, and thus Weapon X is involved in the story, then at least one of these questions should be answered. We should be seeing progress, instead of different writers coming in and confusing everything more by throwing in more questions that'll end up in a mess in the end (kinda like 616).

Agreed. In the Hulk Handbook Wendigo is explained as more of a mystical beast. I think MWoF's idea of an Urban Legend would work best. This is because A) It would be a sweet appearance without baggage B) They wouldn't have to draw out WeaponX, where we'd have more questions than answers (Like IcyFlames had said),

Yeah, Wendigo shouldnt be explained at all really, it should just be Wolvie fighting this monster in Canada...

Then it shows up again, and he wins again, and people think its a sasquatch or something.

Well, I don't think they should delve too much into the explanation, however, I do see a problem in just letting it go... I mean, I wouldn't want a beast of a thing just running around.

Goodwill said:
Well, I don't think they should delve too much into the explanation, however, I do see a problem in just letting it go... I mean, I wouldn't want a beast of a thing just running around.

I don't see why not. Wendigo could be the enigma of the Ultimate Universe and every mythology needs it's Tom Bombadil

Wendigo has always made me think of Grendel from Beowulf.... Grendel is never really explained, he is just evil...

Thats what this should be

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't see why not. Wendigo could be the enigma of the Ultimate Universe and every mythology needs it's Tom Bombadil

Yeah, but why have a question mark looming over such a miniscule character's head? I mean, he's obviously not going to play a very large role if he's the one that's showing up in this two parter... I don't know, I just think Wolverine should at least say something to Storm about Wendigo... Even "He's an old friend of mine" would work, you know? That way, we know we haven't seen the last of him unless he's killed off.

But he was the big question mark in 616 and typically he'd show up for one comic in a five year span. He and Wolverine were introduced in the same issue.... but yeah, Wendigo is a beast, not a human.... So they shouldn't be old friends, in my oppinion.

Well, you know Wolverine's blunt, frank sense of humor... I'm sure that'd be something he'd say, indicating that he was once part of his life, however, now he's this atrosity that needs to be taken care of. Is that a compromise, or what?

Goodwill, name one thing in the Ultimate Universe that you want to be left unexplained... Personally, I think Wendigo is the obvious choice and I think it would be really appropriate for the Beast. If Logan had a previous run in with him once before, I think that would be cool. I don't think Wendigo should have any tie-ins with anything and I think that since it is just a two parter it would be the perfect oppurtunity to use him and forget about him.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Goodwill, name one thing in the Ultimate Universe that you want to be left unexplained... Personally, I think Wendigo is the obvious choice and I think it would be really appropriate for the Beast. If Logan had a previous run in with him once before, I think that would be cool. I don't think Wendigo should have any tie-ins with anything and I think that since it is just a two parter it would be the perfect oppurtunity to use him and forget about him.

I don't know if your trying to draw a connection with Beast and Wendigo and if so...no thanks but other than that I agree with you.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Thor.

Goodwill said:

WHAT!!!!! YOU DON'T WANT THOR EXPLAINED!!! ARE YOU INSANE!!

Now that thats out of my system, I can't believe you'd say such a thing. You seriously don't want Thor explained?

Absolutely not... I mean, would you want to find out that there was a Jesus that actually lived? Like, for a fact? You wouldn't give a decrepate camel about Christianity after that... I know a comic character and the Son of God don't exactly measure up to one another, but you see what I'm saying, right?

Back on track, now.

Goodwill said:
Absolutely not... I mean, would you want to find out that there was a Jesus that actually lived? Like, for a fact? You wouldn't give a decrepate camel about Christianity after that... I know a comic character and the Son of God don't exactly measure up to one another, but you see what I'm saying, right?

Back on track, now.

Maybe we can take this up in the Thor thread. I'd like to continue this.

Latest posts

Back