Ultimate Wendigo

Yeah, that seems cool, however, I'd like him to have a little bit more animalistic face, you know? Make him more bestial so that he looks like he fits in the forest.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No, he should not speak. All action all beastlike qualities. He should be primative in nature.

Flat out predator. Speech isn't necessary so isn't part of the character. All the Wendigo should be about is the hunt.

We're not speculating on a nemesis here, its a minor villain with a 2-part arc. Don't expect huge threats or anything.

Nope...

He never said anything but his name like some kind of homicidal pokemon. but here's something i bet u guys weren't up on. in 616 wendigo gets killed by sabretooth in his latest issue or they made it look like sabe killed him. which is kinda weird because they made it look like wolverine killed sabretooth in one of those xmen series. i couldn't believe sabretooth beat him. he's ******* Wendigo u know. i thought i'd put u guys up on the latest.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's as strong as you're talking about, I hope he's severly powered down... I mean, Sabertooth and Wolverine are among the most physically competent fighters and they're not going to beaten by a C-list villain. Sorry, but that's where I'm at with that.

Hey, guys, what if Wendigo isn't even the villain showing up in the two parter? :lol:

Synch said:
He never said anything but his name like some kind of homicidal pokemon.
:lol: I've never laughed at anything in this thread so hard. :lol:
Synch said:
but here's something i bet u guys weren't up on. in 616 wendigo gets killed by sabretooth in his latest issue or they made it look like sabe killed him. which is kinda weird because they made it look like wolverine killed sabretooth in one of those xmen series. i couldn't believe sabretooth beat him. he's ******* Wendigo u know. i thought i'd put u guys up on the latest.

Thanks for that Synch. It's pretty cool stuff...

Goodwill said:
If he's as strong as you're talking about, I hope he's severly powered down... I mean, Sabertooth and Wolverine are among the most physically competent fighters and they're not going to beaten by a C-list villain. Sorry, but that's where I'm at with that.

Goodwill I don't think you get the concept of "The Wendigo" at all. He should be stronger than those two and he's not a "C-list Villain" He's more on his own team. He's just a mysterious monster in the deep woods of Canada. I think? Is that we're he's located?

Goodwill said:
Hey, guys, what if Wendigo isn't even the villain showing up in the two parter?

No one said it was. All speculation. This is one of my favorite threads, though. :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Goodwill I don't think you get the concept of "The Wendigo" at all. He should be stronger than those two and he's not a "C-list Villain" He's more on his own team. He's just a mysterious monster in the deep woods of Canada. I think? Is that we're he's located?
You are correct. :wink:

I said that he was a C-list villain because Wendigo's not your all-star villain and he's certainly not being used any time soon outside of the Ultimate Universe. I think I totally understand Wendigo and I think you're not being realistic thinking about what's going to be what with him. ;) That's my two bits.

Since this is the best thread to post it in, the two-parter will be called "The Shock and the Awe" according to BKV's website. Doesn't sound like Wendigo to me. Which could be a bad thing.

Caduceus said:
Since this is the best thread to post it in, the two-parter will be called "The Shock and the Awe" according to BKV's website. Doesn't sound like Wendigo to me. Which could be a bad thing.
Why doesn't it sound like it could be Wendigo? I'm not saying it is, or anything, but just explain your reason.

Well, when I read that it would be called "Shock and Awe" I immediately thought it was Avalanche, however, I'm not so sure... I'd rather it Wendigo since, well, it's WENDIGO!

Goodwill said:
Well, when I read that it would be called "Shock and Awe" I immediately thought it was Avalanche

I too had similar thoughts. I wouldn't expect Shock and Awe to be the Wendigo title. The Ultimate arcs have always had really relevant titles rather than just vague descriptions. Shock and Awe suggests something a little different to Wendigo.

Caduceus said:
I too had similar thoughts. I wouldn't expect Shock and Awe to be the Wendigo title. The Ultimate arcs have always had really relevant titles rather than just vague descriptions. Shock and Awe suggests something a little different to Wendigo.
Not necessarily. Again, I'm not saying for sure that the villian is Wendigo, and so the title is about him. I'm just saying that the title can just mean anything.

Yeah, you're absolutely right... I mean, "The Most Dangerous Game" could be taken in any direction, really. It doesn't have to have a literal meaning, although, in this case, it does. I'm agreeing with the two of you, however, I'm hoping more for Wendigo than Avalanche.

Goodwill said:
I'm agreeing with the two of you, however, I'm hoping more for Wendigo than Avalanche.
I'm hoping for Wendigo, myself. It would a cool way to bring him in, since there isn't any other place for his ultimization at the moment.

Absolutely. I neglected to tell you in the other thread that I asked where Vaughan was aiming to take the title and he told me that he wanted to have fun adventures with the young cast of X-Men that he's got. I thought that was a very genuine answer and I think it's very fitting for a Wendigo story, which I think would be a great deal of fun.

Latest posts

Back