Ultimate Wolverine = 616 Wolverine

mutantfreak

Does it bother anyone else that ultimate Wolverine is starting to get just like Wolverine of the 616 universe. When Millar left UX Wolverine started to look and act like his original version. Now he´s short, look older and has a sense of honor that he didn´t had. He´s much more human and lost his hardcore edge.

mutantfreak

Character development? It seems to me that Wolverine changed his personality way to fast. And why is he changing physically as well? I mean, how does he getting shorter and older fits in character development. There is a difference between a round character and a blurry schizo one. I liked wolverine better when he was heartless and cynical.

Last edited:
One thing i would like is for Ultimate Wolverine to stay away from Joss Whedon's "just sit down and have a beer while we do the thinking characterization". That really annoys me. I'm loving the rest of Astonishing but Wolverin'es characterization apart from a few scenes has been really annoying.

In Ultimate Comics I reckon he is getting shorter and developed to quickly. Sorry Aeroth but i agree with mutantfreak

I agree about the getting shorter thing as well, but I can't find a reason why Wolverine couldn't possibly turn into a different kind of person; especially since he's stayed with the X-Men a while now.

And think about it. Right as Millar left, Wolverine was left off knowing his true name, and Cyclops gave him a ring that was addressed to Logan himself. Plus, throw in the events of "Blockbuster," and you've got plenty of things to haunt Logan and change his personality.

Yes, Wolverine now has come to terms with the monster inside of him and is trying to step away from that because of what the X-Men have done for him. It's simple, really. He can't continue to be this assassin, dark character because he wants to help and feel accepted in this group of young mutants who are less inviting than they should be. He's a victim and I guess the writers feel that they need to focus on that aspect of him, too, which I don't mind. You have to remember that, along with the rest of the team, Wolverine is still a very fresh character in the Ultimate Universe. There's a lot to be done with his character before all is said and done.

mutantfreak

I also think that ultimate Wolverine should be pushed back a little bit so others x-men could take the spot-light. I think that characters like Wolverine and Gambit work better if they are let in the shadows because they are supposed to be mysterious.

mutantfreak said:
I also think that ultimate Wolverine should be pushed back a little bit so others x-men could take the spot-light.

That's what Vaughun has done. And so far the only writer for UXM that's done it too. It's why he's the best liked writer on the book.

I agree with this

but
regarding Goodwill's post, Wolverine has been the monster for so long and he's not going to change so drastically just because he wants some teenagers to like him. Really, the X-men are more inviting than they would normally be. C'mon he worked for the Brotherhood and tried to kill Cyclops. You can hardly expect them to forgive him. Cyclops got over it in a very new-age forgiveness scene but the others haven't had enough motivation to get over it really

mutantfreak

icemastertron said:
That's what Vaughun has done. And so far the only writer for UXM that's done it too. It's why he's the best liked writer on the book.

It's true. Vaughun is one of best UXM writer so far. The only tning that I don't like about his work is that Wolverine is so wise and mature all of the sudden. He tried to kill Ciclopes over a girl!

How old is ULTIMATE WOLVIE's Maturity? I'm aware that he maybe over a hundred years old in terms ofactual age but I wonder what is maturity age is?

It's in Scott's character to forgive, Colossus is in denial because of an illegate crush on Wolverine, Storm is infatuated with him at the moment, Nightcrawler is almost empathic with Wolverine since he's lived the same life, and the rest of the kids do not know enough about him to understand. I think it's very probable that Wolverine is forgiven for the most part, you know, save Jean...

Well you guys also have to remember that Wolverine realized what he had done and took his punishment. Wolverine is now realizing what he has done wrong in his "past life" as somenone mentioned, and that's helping him become a better person.

Doesn't mean he's 100% good, because you know....Wolverine is always going to be Wolverine, if you know what I mean!

Right, right... That's what I think I was trying to say... You must reap what you sew, right? Tiki Smith, Redemption. Read that or see the movie, I think it's worth it. ;)

Latest posts

Back