Ultimate Wolverine Questions

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I'm writing an Ultimate Wolverine fanfic and I havn't read UXM in a looooong time, so I need some questions answered. Here goes:

1. Has the Ultimate Hand shown up yet? If so, tell me what it was about.
2. Have they done Ultimate versions of Mariko or Shingen yet? Again, explain it to me.
3. What was Logan doing before UXM? I believe he was an assassin, but can some body give me details (as many as you know).
4. What do we know about Logan's connections to Japan and samurai culture? Is there any connection?

Hopefully somebody will be able to fill me in on this stuff.

1, 2 and 4 aren't applicable yet. As for what Logan was doing before, he is a well known assassin, and it appeared that Magneto had hired him before, and he was well know to security agencies too it seems. There may be far more details, but i'd have to re-read tomorrow people to really get the skinny on it, not a lot about his history other than weapon X has been discussed yet. There is currently a faction after logans buttcheeks, something to do with his fame, and them being out of a job. That part is all in the blockbuster arc.

Guijllons said:
1, 2 and 4 aren't applicable yet. As for what Logan was doing before, he is a well known assassin, and it appeared that Magneto had hired him before, and he was well know to security agencies too it seems. There may be far more details, but i'd have to re-read tomorrow people to really get the skinny on it, not a lot about his history other than weapon X has been discussed yet. There is currently a faction after logans buttcheeks, something to do with his fame, and them being out of a job. That part is all in the blockbuster arc.

Thanks. If anybody else wants to contribute some knowledge that they think would help, feel free.

For 3, he was actually living in the Savage Land when Magneto sent him to Xaviers (remember he killed that dinosaur in the river). That would imply he had been a member of the Brotherhood for a little while.

Hey, I have a question about the hairest X-Men around... (Beast is dead, so he doesn't count, guys... Thought I'd rub that in a bit more ;)!)

Anyway, has there been anymore to him having a relationship with Black Widow? It was obviously after his mindwipe and he was working for some black ops company, probably Weapon X, and I was just wondering if there was more to it.

No references since Blockbuster, which was the first time I knew about it. It probably won't be explored, just having it established will be enough.

Wasn't wolverine in the first gulf war? In Weapon X you see him bring back Nick Fury from the field.

Oh and every time Captain America turns up he keeps calling him Jimmy. I believe that they were in WW1 together. And I know I may be wrong with this, but it Ultimates #1 there is a guy that gets shot in the head. I don't think this is Wolverine, but the guy gets up, so you never know.........

Last edited:
Thing with these questions is we can't answer them and we know the answers will come with Ultimate Mini's of Wolverine, UXM, or Mini's with Ultimate Wolverine appearances (probably Captain America). Have patience..

and death to Wolverine.

Oh, and I'm disappointed we're looking to answers with The Hand here and not elsewhere.

Yes, there have been a lot of people saying that that was Wolverine in Ultimates #1, but since that issue, I haven't gotten a definitive answer. It's something that probably was just put in there to see if anyone noticed. I think Hitch likes doing that (And Gunner is a perfect example ;)).

Hmmm...As much as it might be frowned upon, I'm thinking of ignoring some continuity for this fanfic, considering that we don't have a clear time frame of Logan's pre UXM exploits. I'll probably end up setting it in the mid 90s (its safe to think that he could be out of Weapon X but still associated with the Brotherhood at that point.

Goodwill said:
Yes, there have been a lot of people saying that that was Wolverine in Ultimates #1, but since that issue, I haven't gotten a definitive answer.

Brain fart - is Ultimate Wolverine definitely Canadian? Because if so I don't think he would have been in the same platoon as Cap.

UltimateE said:
Brain fart - is Ultimate Wolverine definitely Canadian? Because if so I don't think he would have been in the same platoon as Cap.
Well, Cap said he was in the Canadian Army in UW.

Well, like I've said in another thread, I think Millar didn't cover that, expecting the long time fans to assume that he was Canadian. If Ice is correct, that would explain everything, however, if he's not we still don't know. Good question, E.

icemastertron said:
Well, Cap said he was in the Canadian Army in UW.
Affirmative. I believe Cap explicitly referred to him as a guy named James 'Jimmy' Howlett from Toronto, known for being simply one tough SOB, during Ultimate War.

compound said:
Affirmative. I believe Cap explicitly referred to him as a guy named James 'Jimmy' Howlett from Toronto, known for being simply one tough SOB, during Ultimate War.
Yep, and on top of that Ultimate Wolvie responded in a manner that suggeted he has no recollection of Captain America or of ever being called "James Howlett".

Yeah, I thought it was funny the first time he really recognized that he could be called that... Dugan walks in and says James and Logan responds, "Who are you? Am I supposed to know you?" or something like that... I think Bendis handled that bit well.

Latest posts

Back