Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #2 discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I guess my biggest problem is I'm kind've annoyed with the whole "Hulk is a seperate entity" feel the character always has.

If he always has this feel, then his characterization in this issue is good!

The problem, therefore, is that you don't like the character.

Logic 101.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
:? I don't know.

Of course you know. You just don't want to admit it to yourself. ;)

If I were to play psychologist, I'd say you like Hulk 616 and so want to like Ultimate Hulk but are suffering from cognitive dissonance between how Ultimate Hulk is and how you want him to be.

Hey, not bad, huh? I could pass myself of for some new age guru and pocket tons of money. If those Scientology doofus can pull it off, so can I!

E.Vi.L. said:
Of course you know. You just don't want to admit it to yourself. ;)

If I were to play psychologist, I'd say you like Hulk 616 and so want to like Ultimate Hulk but are suffering from cognitive dissonance between how Ultimate Hulk is and how you want him to be.

Hey, not bad, huh? I could pass myself of for some new age guru and pocket tons of money. If those Scientology doofus can pull it off, so can I!
... Wait since when do scientologists use logic?

innocentboy said:
i've always liked it ... that whole, "you're a different person when you're angry then when you're happy" type of thing.

might be remembering wrong, but i think Stan Lee's said something like he was inspired by Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde or something like that

but yeah, you don't feel that it adds another layer to the Hulk as opposed to just another strong guy?

I know it was inspired by Jekyll and Hyde. I just wish it focused more on Bruce battleing what he knew his own emotions were (bruce vs. himself) other than personifying his emotions and turning into Hulk vs. Bruce.

Lindelof rocks. It was interesting that he used another one of his Lost influences by adding Buddhism to the plot. The Panchen Lama's words though cliched, really makes you think. What if it's the Hulk that chooses to turn into Banner? We know that Banner doesn't really have that much control.

Awesome issue and the only downside is I have to wait for three freakin' months just for issue #3. I hope they get him to write more Ultimate books like if Singer decides to push back UXM and Kirkman's too busy. I would want to see how Lindelof would pull off a team book.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Lindelof rocks. It was interesting that he used another one of his Lost influences by adding Buddhism to the plot. The Panchen Lama's words though cliched, really makes you think. What if it's the Hulk that chooses to turn into Banner? We know that Banner doesn't really have that much control.

Awesome issue and the only downside is I have to wait for three freakin' months just for issue #3. I hope they get him to write more Ultimate books like if Singer decides to push back UXM and Kirkman's too busy. I would want to see how Lindelof would pull off a team book.

Yes, that would be awesome. I would love to see more of the team's past, especially Xavier's.

Well, do you notice that everytime hulk erupts he's always talking about banner? Like when he jumps of the ship when the abomb detonates, he says,"stupid banner, almost kill hulk" or something like that.

No offense intended towards you J. Agamemnon, but I am just feed up with all the Chuck Norris shiite I see everywhere on the web…

ARGGHH…

Besides, everyone knows Wolverine could SO kick Chuck's arse, wouldn't even need to pop a claw either…!

;^p

Last edited:
That's just because his fist weighs like 50 pds with all that adamantium inside him. Still, I stand by my decision that Chuck Norris is the man. He's so corny you gotta lovim. Now talk about the thread or WE....WILL....DIE!!!

I might buy this it seems great. after I buy the Ultimate team-up's tpbs I'll buy this too if it is a TPB if not i'll ebay the issues

sjmole said:
I might buy this it seems great. after I buy the Ultimate team-up's tpbs I'll buy this too if it is a TPB if not i'll ebay the issues

I'm sure it'll be collected in TPB form, just not for awhile. After all, we're only 2 issues into it, and its a six issue arc. The issues ship every other month, meaning we probably won't see this series finish until November of this year...the TPB will probably be out Spring of 2007, about a year from now.

Latest posts

Back