Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 delayed until August; UXM #72 delayed until 7/19.

Living Large

Ultimate X-Men #72 ..... 07/12/06 - 07/19/06

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 ..... 07/12/06 - 08/09/06

Last edited:
Re: Ult Wolv vs Hulk delayed till August.

Living Large said:
okay. No biggie.
Ultimate X-Men #72 ..... 07/12/06 / 07/19/06

WTF?! This is becoming stupid...
Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 ..... 07/12/06 / 08/09/06

PS. I would have put this in the news forum but it seems that i am not allowed to add topics there...

Not again... come on, were ready going to be well into Ultimates vol. 3 before this ends.

You can't put it in the news forum. Only E and the mods can do that. One of them will put it up later after they see it.

Last edited:

Eh. At this point I'm not looking forward to it. When it comes out it'll come out.

Ultimate Houde said:
From what I saw of the first two issues, I felt the story was subpar anyways
I enjoyed the story greatly, as well as the art. If the book could have kept the bimonthly scedule it probably would have been in my top 10.

That as well, this further delay brings down the quality of the story. I'm sure as a TPB, this will be an excellent read, but as a monthly title, this falls flat on it's face

Ultimate Houde said:
That as well, this further delay brings down the quality of the story. I'm sure as a TPB, this will be an excellent read, but as a monthly title, this falls flat on it's face
It was bi-monthly anyway, but yeah, this is silly. I'll probably stick a reminder somewhere to check the title out again around Christmas.
I can handle delays on minis more so, though, it is only one story and doesn't hold up the entire rest of the series.

:evil: :evil: :evil: !!!

this has the making's of a great bookand there delaying the heck of it this is getting to be a horendous joke

UWvH #2 was released the same day as Usm #90 no 3 won't be realeased till after usm 98 will be released it's rediculous

You guys need to relax. These celebrity writers don't work on comics alone. I'm not pissed about DD: Father, I told the Marvel Staff that The Ultimates could take 5 years to come out if it needed too, and I'm sure as hell not gonna be pissed off about this.

All that matters to me is that it's acknowledged in other titles (Ultimates, UXM). Cry all you want about delays but when the project is finished you won't even remember delays and you'll be glad that they perfected it the way they did...

****, I'm still wait for Daredevil: Target.... *****in' about delays? Please. :roll:

Re: Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 delayed until August

This thing is never going to come out.

MaxwellSmart said:
This thing is never going to come out.

Now now, they said the same thing about Ultimates t--

nevermind.

Hey its annoying that it's been delayed but it'll get here eventually !! patience !!

Honestly, it's like Ultimate Gah Lak Tus. We know what happens. Logan and Bruce work it out and both end up coming back to America, although I don't know if it's together or separately because I didn't look for Wolverine in U2 #11. And then Hulk smashes.
givedamn.gif

Last edited:

polscots said:
Hey its annoying that it's been delayed but it'll get here eventually !! patience !!
You remind me of when I was young and ignorant.

MaxwellSmart said:
You remind me of when I was young and ignorant.

are you trying to tell me it will never arrive ??
it will .... patience
and it will be great

TheManWithoutFear said:
You guys need to relax. These celebrity writers don't work on comics alone. I'm not pissed about DD: Father, I told the Marvel Staff that The Ultimates could take 5 years to come out if it needed too, and I'm sure as hell not gonna be pissed off about this.

All that matters to me is that it's acknowledged in other titles (Ultimates, UXM). Cry all you want about delays but when the project is finished you won't even remember delays and you'll be glad that they perfected it the way they did...

****, I'm still wait for Daredevil: Target.... *****in' about delays? Please. :roll:

I see what you are saying about celebrity writers not working on comics alone, that they have TV shows/movies/informercials to work on...but Marvel threw a lot of advertising at UWvH BECAUSE of Lindelof writing the story! (It also got an article in TV Guide)

Now the "bi-monthly" story has experienced it's 3rd(?) delay. We've gotten 2 issues & the Director's Cut version...seeming to be Marvel's way of reminding us that there are still 4 issues to go; but buy this cause it will cover what you ALREADY OWN!!!

I honestly don't mind if Marvel hires writres from other genres to write comics. DC did it for Batman: No Man's Land a few years back & it worked out great. Why? Cause they submitted scripts either on time or a couple of issues up front.

Now you are going to say that Jeph Loeb writes for TV & movies as well....but he is a comic book writer first. Basically, what I am getting it is this:

Don't make this big public uproar over the guy who writes LOST to write a mini series for your comic book company, then let him slack off & not complete the series in a specific time frame.
If these people want to write, then write your story; but write it all at once & turn it in. Don't write 2 chapters; then keep missing deadlines because you cannot complete all your commitments.

McEvil said:
Don't make this big public uproar over the guy who writes LOST to write a mini series for your comic book company, then let him slack off & not complete the series in a specific time frame. If these people want to write, then write your story; but write it all at once & turn it in. Don't write 2 chapters; then keep missing deadlines because you cannot complete all your commitments.

I don't think it's a problem with Marvel "letting him" "slack off", but they knew that this would be an issue - they should have waited until they had 3 issues in the can before even making an announcement. It's not like this story is holding up other Ultimate stories.

Seriously though...Marvel needs to find another writer to help Damon Lindelof and use his outline, give him a chance to read over it change a few things if he wants and then pass the thing to Leinil Francis Yu to draw it.

They started this like a year ago and two issues have come out in that much time.

Latest posts

Back