Ultimate Wolverine

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Ultimate Wolverine #1
"THE BEST AT WHAT I DO..."
By: moonmaster

Before he joined the X-Men, Wolverine was one of the criminal underworld's most enigmatic and deadly assassins. When Shingen, the head of Tokyo's most prominent crime family, needs to eliminate his competition, He decides that Logan is the only one who can get the job done. But "getting the job done" will require Logan to work with Shingen's daughter Mariko, which may be harder than it sounds! Chapter 1 is only the start of an exciting tale of love, betrayal, and honor!

RELEASE DATE: June 3rd

Are you gonna show how he escaped from Weapon X and how he got involved with the Brotherhood? Cause if so... Im so reading this.

René said:
Are you gonna show how he escaped from Weapon X and how he got involved with the Brotherhood? Cause if so... Im so reading this.

Uh, would you still read it if it wasn't Weapon X? :D

It'll basically be an ultimization of Wolverine's first mini series. The story won't be exactly that, but it will take place in Japan and have Mariko and Shingen and the Yashida clan. That one's always been my favorite Wolverine story.

After this mini I plan to do a sequel. After that I might consider doing a Weapon X mini, but I'll concentrate on this one first...

moonmaster said:
Uh, would you still read it if it wasn't Weapon X? :D

Yeah, but it would help. Still I like your writing. I cant wait to see what you have in store.

Hmm...interesting. Very...interesting. I can't wait to check it out. 8)

But make sure to check out my 'Essential X-Men', too![/cheap plug] :D

I'll see this but I'm still sceptical of a Wolverine story. I'm trusting you to not make me want to rip my eyes out Moony.

Ultimate Gambit said:
So tomorrow is the big release date

Hopefully, it'll be ready. There won't be that much going in the first issue though. Believe me, they're are plenty of twists to come, but issue 1 is just the exposition.

Ultimate Wolverine
Chapter 1
"THE BEST AT WHAT I DO"
BY: moonmaster

PROLOGUE​

"I'm the best at what I do. But what I do ain't very nice." Pretty dumb, huh? Worked for a guy back in 86, went by the name of Langston. Wanted "some people" dead, no questions asked, a hundred grand. Clean job, simple. Before I got the money, that's what he told me, "the best you are at what you do..." What a jackass. Shoulda gutted the corny bastard right then and there, but I didn't feel messin' up my new coat. It sounds stupid as hell, but it has a ring to it. "The best there is at what I do." A bit of a personal motto, though I'd never tell anyone. I guess it fits. You don't know how many lives I've taken, hell, I don't even know. Y'see, there's a bit of a gap in my memory. I don't know who I am or where I came from. All I know is that I was built to kill. You ever met a murder machine? Cuz' that what I am. "But what I do ain't very nice." That's fer' damn sure. The first thing I learned in this world is that murder can be a business, if you're good at it. That's what I am, a business man. What's my name you ask? I don't know. I just know what people call me. Wolverine is one of 'em. Furry, little monster. I hate that one. I prefer Logan. It feels anonymous. Yeah, call me Logan.

1996:

Logan shuffled through the terminal, grumpily. He hated airports. No matter where they were, he hated airports. "An unecessary evil." He hated airports, especially this one. He had nothing against the place, but it was crowded as hell. The entire airport was a primer for the rest of Tokyo: a noisy, busy, technicolor nightmare. As Logan muddled through the airport, he decided that he hated Japan.

As the group began to clear, Logan startred to look around. He quickly spotted a man, in a black suit, with black gloves and a hat, holding a sign reading 'Wolverine'.

"What the hell is this." said Logan, pointing at the sign.

"Are you Wolver-"

"Don't call me Wolverine. It's Logan. Get it right *******."

"Uh, Yes. Logan. Follow me, Sir."

The man led Logan through the busy airport to a small secluded lot outside. To the side stood a red, sleek motorcycle. The man got on it and started it up.

"Alright. Let's go." said the small man. The words were met with a cold stare from Logan.

"What's Wrong?"

"Do you expect me to get on the back of that thing?"

"Uh, yes."

"Oh, you think I'm gonna crawl up behind you on that thing, like I'm you little *****? Maybe later we can get a hotel room and have us a good time. Yer kidding me, right?"

"Well, how else are you supposed to get there?" Logan stepped up to the bike and put his hand on the handle bar.

"This your bike?" Logan said with a coy grin.

"...Yes..."

"Not anymore." The man sighed and hesitantly climbed off of the bike. Logan sraddled the bike and started it up.

"Wait. Without me, how will you know where to go?"

"You got a phone?" The man sighed once again, and gave his cell phone to Logan.

"Good. I'll call yer boss and ask for directions. See ya around, *******." Logan sped off with a roar and left the man in the lot.

"Yeah. See ya around,...friggin' gaijin."

Logan sped through the streets of Tokyo on the bike. It was night, and the city was blanketed in a neon glow. He stopped in a parking lot when he got into the city and called his employer. He explained that his chauffer "donated" his bike and asked for directions. He continued on to a huge shimmering building in the center of the city. He hopped off of the bike and strolled into an extravagant lobby. The room had several crystal statues and huge orange banners hung from the ceinling.

"What dumbass designed this place?" Logan muttered under his breath. At the fron of the room, a small woman in a yellow dress sat behind a circular, marble-topped desk.

"Hello, Sir. Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Shingen."

"And do you have an appointment, Mr..."

"Logan."

"Oh, Mr. Logan. Mr. Yashida has been waiting for you. His office is on the top floor. You can go right up."

"Thanks." Logan took an elevator to the top floor. On the top floor he found a huge office, decorated the same as the lobby.

"Hello?" said Logan into the seemingly empty office.

"Ah, hello Mr. Logan." A man stepped from the shadows. He was completely bald and had well defined cheekbones. He was noticeably tall. He wore a black suit with an orange tie. "I've heard so much about you. It's great to meet you. Please have a seat."

"Uh, sure." Logan sat down uneasily. Shingen began pouring him a drink.

"Let's get down to business, shall we? My..."organization" has been around for quite some time. We are the Yashida Clan. My ancestors were warriors. They fought bravely. In the last century our clan's status has been diminished, but 20 years ago I inherited my current position, and I began rebuilding our clan. The Yashida rose from the ashes, so to speak, because of me. We operate differently today. We trade in a different type of warfare, today. A more secretive, lucrative warfare."

"Listen, to be perfectly honest, I don't care about any of this bull****." The friendly and boastful grin that had once graced Shingen's face suddenly disappeared and he now looked deathly serious.

"I see. You want to get right to business."

"Bingo, Baldy." Shingen stared coldly at Logan.

"Yes,.......Business. I have much competition in this city. There are at least seven other 'organizations' in Tokyo that pose a formidable threat to our dominance."

"And you want me to tear the **** out of 'em."

"I don't want you to just 'tear the **** out of them,' I want you to obliterate them from the face of the earth. Leave no traces."

"Can do."

" It may not be as easy as it sounds. These groups employ some of the most well trained asassins in the world." Shingen got up and walked over to the huge windows behind his desk. "So, I have arranged for you to have a partner."

"No way. I work alone."

"She is arriving right now."

"She?" Logan walked to the windows and caught a glimpse of a yellow motorcycle pulling into the building.

"I ain't working with anyone." growled Logan.

"Yes, you are. Either you do or you don't work at all." Logan bit his lip and swallowed his pride.

"Alright. Who the hell is she?" At that moment the elevator doors opened and the woman entered.

"My daughter, Mariko." She wore black jeans, a yellow helmet, and an orange and yellow leather jacket. She had a body to kill for and a perfect face, framed by long black hair.

"Mariko, this is Mr. Logan."

"Good evening, Mr. Logan."

"Good evening, darlin'" The two eyed each other for a second until Shingen broke the silence.

"Mariko is a finely trained fighter. She is proficient with many weapons, I'm sure she'll be and asset to your endeavors."

"An asset, that's for sure."

"I look forward to working with you."

"Yeah. I'm sure we'll go good together."

"Um, Maybe we should show Logan his quarters." said Shingen.

"Quarters?"

"Yes, we will be providing a place for you to stay."

"Uh,...sure." Shingen and Mariko led Logan to a huge apartment three floors beneath Shingen's office. It had the same ornamentations as the office and the lobby, but it was nicely furnished, so Logan didn't complain.

"I hope this will suit you well. We will be one floor up. If you need anything, you can call the front desk, down stairs. They will help you. Come Mariko, let us retire for the evening."

"I will be with you in a second father."

"...fine, but don't stay too long. I'm sure Mr. Logan would like his rest. Your work does begin tomorrow."

"Yes, father."

"Alright. Good night Mr. Logan." Logan nodded in response. Shingen left for the elevator. There was a long silence between Mariko and Logan.

"So, Mr. Logan what kind of weapons do you specialize in?" Three glimmering adamantium blades shot from the back of Logan's hand.

"Oh, my."

"The best kind, honey."

"They are apart of you?"

"It's a long story."

"Oh......They are incredible. You must be a great fighter."

"'The best at what I do.'"

"Swordsmanship is my specialty. I could teach you a great deal about the art of the samurai."

"Fighting ain't an art, kid. It's a business."

"It can be, if it's done right."

"Ha. Whatever."

".........You're a fascinating person, Mr. Logan."

"Same to you, darlin', same to you."

"I will see you tomorrow Mr. Logan, bright and early."

"Bright and early."

"Good night, Mr. Logan."

"Good night, Mariko." Mariko left Logan sitting on his couch, where he stayed for the rest of the night.

I like it alot nice job on he charcterization of Logan I also liked how you explained how he came upon the phrase "I'm the best at what I do" I cannot wait until I read the next chapter keep up the good work Moony

Love the innner mologue. It's amazing. I cant wait to read the rest of what you have in store.

I loved it :D the thing about him not liking people to call him wolverine is great. I would like to hear the whole thing from wolverine himself and not some writer though. I smelled Sin City in the intro. Rock on :rockon:

SeAcoW said:
I loved it :D the thing about him not liking people to call him wolverine is great. I would like to hear the whole thing from wolverine himself and not some writer though. I smelled Sin City in the intro. Rock on :rockon:

I was torn between third person and first person. I realized that I had to go with third person because they're wiil be thing that Logan knows that the reader can't know for a while, and thing that the reader knows that Logan won't know for a while.

Maybe by the end of the week.......maybe.

I'll have a solicitation up tomorrow.

I've been pretty lazy about my writing, but I'm finally getting off of my *** and writing!:

Ultimate Wolverine #2
"Just A Dream..."
BY: Moonmaster

Logan and Mariko begin their bloody quest to destroy the opposition to Shingen's devious empire. Their first mission takes them to the office of one of Shingen's biggest competitors, and the two plan to kill him, by any means necessary. And Logan and Mariko begin to develop a mutual attraction, but will it last?

RELEASE DATE: JUNE 25

moonmaster said:
Logan and Mariko begin their bloody quest to destroy the opposition to Shingen's devious empire.

:D

Their first mission takes them to the office of one of Shingen's biggest competitors, and the two plan to kill him, by any means necessary.

:D

And Logan and Mariko begin to develop a mutual attraction, but will it last?

:lol: no.

Latest posts

Back