Ultimate X-Men #54 & #55 delayed

E

Excelsior Club
[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ultxmen54cov.jpg[/IMGL] The next two issues of Ultimate X-Men, "Longshot" parts 1 & 2, have been delayed.

• Ultimate X-Men #54 has been delayed to 1/5/05 (original release date 12/8/04)
  • Ultimate X-Men #55 has been delayed to 1/26/05 (original release date 1/19/05)

Sorry boys - not a joke. :(

Issue #55 has been delayed to last January...interesting...would that mean that I need a time machine to go back to early 2004 and buy it? Hmm...

Well, look at the bright side, everybody! Issue #55 is already out. :D

EDIT: Alright, I see it's been taken care of.

Last edited:
Well, does anyone know WHY? It does seem a little odd since we've seen pictures of the interior of one of these comics and both covers have been revealed... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Vaughan is adding a fourth issue to the story or it may be because Singer is behind and, instead of having Vaughan write another story in the mean time, Marvel decided to push it back a little. Well...?

It's pretty normal to see covers before the art is done on an issue. As for the reason for the delay, I would guess that the 4th issue to the arc has something to do with it.

But why would a four issue to the part affect the parts before? Especially since it was so close for the first part to come out? I mean, the 4th part won't come out until March 2005.

So why delay the first part from December 2004 to January 2005, and the second part one week, when really they shouldn't be affected in release dates?! :confused:

I know a lot of my customers are buying UXM from 54 onwards because I have been hyping the Longshot arc. With this delay it means they have time to place orders, for me to them amend orders with Diamond.

icemastertron said:
But why would a four issue to the part affect the parts before? Especially since it was so close for the first part to come out? I mean, the 4th part won't come out until March 2005.

So why delay the first part from December 2004 to January 2005, and the second part one week, when really they shouldn't be affected in release dates?! :confused:

What's better - a long delay before the arc actually starts, or a long delay before the last part?

i have to agree with UltimateE. i would rather have a delay now instead of the last part

I see what your saying UltimateE. But still, wouldn't they have just enought time to put out Longshot part 4 even when the first two parts are out/coming out?

Not necessarily. Hairsine had more than 3 issues to get the last issue of Ultimate Six done and couldn't do it. It probably depends on the artist and if they have other work coming up.

Yeah, UltimateE makes sense. I thought the same thing, there, UltimateE! I would really like to have the story as one rather than chopped up!

Well I can't say that I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'd rather have a good story and awesome art then a rushed job. Stil... *sigh*

I'm a virgin to the delays, I've heard they happened before, and I always remember thinking how much it must suck for people who love the comics that are being delayed... but this is the first time for me. [/ramble]

Latest posts

Back