Ultimate X-Men #59 Discussion/Spoilers

Goodwill said:
Then I'm confused as to what your point is. You go from disagreeing on some point about the comparison between two scenes featuring Wolverine in a bar with a younger female mutant and anti-mutant feeling, to then apparently agreeing with whatever the point of this is by providing your own comparison. Help?

I like the Deathstrike-Storm connection. It makes more sense in the Ultimate Universe, cuz i dont think Ultimate logan was messing around much in Japan.... yet, at least.

Im interested in who Cornelius works for this time around. He'd be the only plausable way to bring back beast... I'd almost be intrigued in Corny digging up the body and Frankensteining it into the crazy Dark Beast. I think Beast is dead, but if a mad scientist like Cornelius who was crazy enough to Feralize Hank wanted to, im guessing he can pull a Zombie McCoy out of his pocket (in a not-at-all literal sort of way)

Goodwill said:
I don't ever remembering Storm ever being in the movie when Wolverine was in the bar scene. I think that is a pretty radical claim, Ice. The scene was reminiscent, but what universe with Wolverine it hasn't had a classic scene with him leaving a bar trashed? If you want to draw similarities between the movie and this issue, take Deathstrike out and put Sabertooth in... There you go, you've got that scene copied, too.
You're not thinking right there. That's why I said *MINOR* difference. Instead of Rogue, you have Storm. What I said was the same was that Wolverine here also was holding a guy with his claws, than another guy come from behind him with a shotgun, then Wolverine back-hand slices the gun. GASP! Look at that! I don't see that being a radical claim. :roll:

icemastertron said:
MWF- it looks like Jean's, but I doubt she did it like that on purpose.
NO reason not to think so...
Doc Strangefate said:
Im interested in who Cornelius works for this time around. He'd be the only plausable way to bring back beast... I'd almost be intrigued in Corny digging up the body and Frankensteining it into the crazy Dark Beast. I think Beast is dead, but if a mad scientist like Cornelius who was crazy enough to Feralize Hank wanted to, im guessing he can pull a Zombie McCoy out of his pocket (in a not-at-all literal sort of way)

Awesome thoughts Doctor.

So yeah, good issue. I still don't think Deathstrike HAD to have the WeaponX connection but what's done is done. I'd rather see Deadpool in the role that she's playing. Lady Deathstrikes claw/hands are ****in' crazy eh? How 'bout those babies? yikes...

So what we have an Ultimate Alpha Flight member already dead? That sucks...

No way they're gonna tie this ALL up within the next issue... we'll definitely be left with loose ends. Probably Deathstrike gets away and WeaponX won't be found...

Good issue though... but not the greatest...

icemastertron said:
You're not thinking right there. That's why I said *MINOR* difference. Instead of Rogue, you have Storm. What I said was the same was that Wolverine here also was holding a guy with his claws, than another guy come from behind him with a shotgun, then Wolverine back-hand slices the gun. GASP! Look at that! I don't see that being a radical claim. :roll:

I think it's funny how you neglected to say that the dialogue was almost verbatim, which was the claim that I was talking about in the first place. I was just saying that bar scene with Wolverine is definitely expected in any Wolverine story, so why fuss about it? You seemed contrived is all.

Anyway, perhaps the whole twist with the Beast thing is that they just kept the human Beast and replaced him with the blue haired guy that we knew as a way to further sabotage the X-Men. I don't know, it seems odd that one person can make that many stupid mistakes and not learn from them.

Deathstrike is going to be an interesting character, I can tell. Her employer is Weapon X and, like Logan, she was picked up off the street and turned into a weapon. We'll need to see how she got from one place to the other.

Goodwill said:
Anyway, perhaps the whole twist with the Beast thing is that they just kept the human Beast and replaced him with the blue haired guy that we knew as a way to further sabotage the X-Men. I don't know, it seems odd that one person can make that many stupid mistakes and not learn from them.

And there lies the problem. The thread isn't about Beast. Why take strangefate's simple idea and twist it more. You're gonna confuse people... like I'm confused right now.... :twisted: Someone tell me where I saw Cornelius before?

René said:
Well I have to wait to get home to read the issue. I didnt know. Ill let you know after Memorial Day.

Oooh, look at the big movie star. Can't read his comics because he has to go to his big premeire. :D

Not a bad issue...I agree that the bar scene was very similar to the movie. No, not exact, and I don't hold that against Vaughan in any way. Not being a big X-Men buff I can't say that Deathstrike is super interesting to me, but at least the story is pretty good so far.

I also agree that Storm's hair is similar to Jean's. Did she do it on purpose to impress Wolvie? Interesting theory, but I think that's just how Immonen drew it; nothing special. I could be wrong though.

Storm almost seems like an old lady...she's so mature now. Except when she hotwires the car. :D

The art - I just can't get into Immonen's style. Wolverine does not look right at all, it's like he's too clean or something.

MwoF, first of all, Cornelius was in Return ot Weapon X, Volume 2 of Ultimate X-Men. There, he was characterized as a scientist manipulated by Wraith.

Second of all, I contributed to the conversation in both what won't happen and what will. I see no problem in that post. Beast was brought up and I elaborated on it... There's no problem there.

Also, Storm does seem more mature, but in a way that irks me a little. It seems she's trying to impress Wolverine, even basing her new do on Jean's to get to Wolverine. She's following him and not making decisions based on her individual self... She seems to be a strong enough character to not do that, why would she?

Goodwill said:
Also, Storm does seem more mature, but in a way that irks me a little. It seems she's trying to impress Wolverine, even basing her new do on Jean's to get to Wolverine. She's following him and not making decisions based on her individual self... She seems to be a strong enough character to not do that, why would she?

I'm glad someone else picked up on the hair thing. While I don't think there's anything wrong with it, she's obviously pushing herself on Logan.

That's what I thought when I saw the issue. Although her hair wasn't like this back then, in Cry Wolf she seemed a little too drawn to Wolverine for my tastes.

I can't wait for the next issue. The art's neat, but I noticed that Deathstrike always has one hand with only four fingers in all the scenes where her claws are out.

In the Most Dangerous Game arc, Angel was drawn without wings in one panel. I guesse Stuart gets a little lazy, huh? ;)

Latest posts

Back