Ultimate X-Men #60 solit (Speculation)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
ULTIMATE X-MEN #60
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils and Cover by STUART IMMONEN
It's the senses-shattering sixtieth issue! But for the tempestuous and troubled team of Wolverine and Storm, there's no time for celebration! They're about to take on an all-new threat to the Ultimate Universe... Lady Deathstrike! Part 2 (of 2).
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.50

Well, it ain't Wendigo! It's Lady Deathsrike! What do ya think will happen? Do ya think she'll be connected to Weapon X like she was in 616 (By her father being someone who worked there, and lost his job or got killed becuase of Wolverine)?

THoughts?

Last edited:
I'm hoping that there is a connection to wolverine outside of the weapon X storyline. I'm not suggesting that they should have had a relationship for instance, it's just that 'enough supersoldiers already'.

Well, what I was saying that since in 616, Lady Deathstrike came to hate....er...LOATHE Wolverine was because he killed her father when he escaped the Weapon X compound. So I was asking what do you guys think her "origin" of hate for Logan should come from? From Weapon X again, but of course, will be different a bit, or something else.

Yeah I know. I wonder how long Logan was involved with weapon X. Cap mentioned the war a couple of times, but it didn't seem the he was actually part of the unit then, as cap says "no-one knew what a mutant was in those days" (Ult. War if I remember correctly). So I would hope that this is something before his time there. But, depending on how they want to mix things up... She has the same healing factor as wolverine right, maybe they're related...
Though maybe not.

No, she doesn't have a healing factor. She's not a mutant at all. In 616, she was a human, who got fueled so much by her hate for Logan, that she let herself be made into a cyborg, to kill him.

Ah right, about as much as I know about the character is what i saw in x-men 2. Cyborg eh, sounds positively 90's:) Though that's an interesting thing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Wonder if she'll be Logan's old wife...
Yeah, that's a good thought. They'll probably have been intimate at one point in the UU too....

MWF, sweet thinking there. That doesn't sound bad at all...:wink:

Well there is that ring that cyclops gave to wolverine at the end of return of the king, and that was left as unresolved plot line, maybe she was the wife of wolverine?
And his healing factor repaired over the whole thing, because something bad went down?

Shihad said:
Well there is that ring that cyclops gave to wolverine at the end of return of the king, and that was left as unresolved plot line, maybe she was the wife of wolverine?
And his healing factor repaired over the whole thing, because something bad went down?

I wanted Wolverine's Weapon X issues to be resolved in a timely fashion (instead of thirty years like 616). But not the wife now. I don't want Lady Deathstrike to be Wolverine's wife. If anything, Rose should be his wife. LD can be whatever BKV wants her to be (as long as she not with Weapon X or super soldier serum or Magneto's illegitimate child, I'll be fine with whatever).

Shihad said:
Finding out his wife is a freaky cyborg might do it. I'd be very happy with Mrs Logan Deathstrike.

I swear I posted and said that Deathstrike may be his wife, too, but it's gone... Fishy... Anyway, MwoF, I think you and I are on the same track. I think through what Vaughan has said, it will be Wolverine's wife. ;)

I'll place bets that she'll be a healer like Wolverine in this. A lot of set-up seems to be going into making the UU closer to the movieverse in anticipation of Singer's arrival, and so I can definitely see them doing her as a mutant with claws like in the movie, so he could do his own little fanboy wank and take her on a plot line that he wanted to but couldn't fit into X-2. Or wanted to do for X-3, but was trapped by the fact that Logan would realistically have to kill her to get away in X-2.

I'm just hoping that William Stryker and his son have nothing to do with this title for a while... Deathstrike is fine, however, I didn't like that whole deal in the second movie.

Goodwill said:
I'm just hoping that William Stryker and his son have nothing to do with this title for a while... Deathstrike is fine, however, I didn't like that whole deal in the second movie.
I will be incredibly pissed off if Singer's run replicates the second movie. So many people would that I think Marvel would put a stop to it. I hope.

Goodwill said:
I don't think there'd be enough time between now and Singer to reintroduce Stryker and try to force an adapted X-2 plot line down our throat, but I can see them trying to introduce bits here and there. Is it just me, or did they move Wolverine's claws from his wrists to between his knuckles all of a sudden?

Well, I was just imagining Singer's run being closely tied to the movies since, after all, he did say that he wanted to have the comics become what the movies couldn't... Really, comics are what movies aren't already, so I interpreted it as he wanted to have the Ultimate X-Men take on similar obstacles than what the movie-verse X-Men took on in their adventures. I doubt this is really the case (Marvel wouldn't let that happen, would they?) and I just hope that it stays similar to what Vaughan was doing with his run.

lol, maybe Vaughns using up all the movie characters so Singer cant make them like the movie

Latest posts

Back