Ultimate X-Men #60 (Spoilers)

It was Crap. Vaughan disappoints me for the first time ever.

Of course everything HAS to be related somehow. Sure, it worked out for the story. But I hate when it's all tied together. Deathstrike couldn't just have been related to one or the other? Lady Deathstrike is a terrible villain and I really hope she's gone for good. I doubt it because she supposedly has Logan's memories. Good thing some of his past was revealed eh? And what were Deathstrike's powers? The hands? sucked...

Too top it off. The Art was AWFUL!

Immonen is actually quite a good craftsman. He's very accomplished. I think you may be a little harsh on him.

Actually, you bash Immonen and I'll bash Bendis. Everyone should be allowed one comic creator that they are allowed to bash without reprisal. :D

Bass said:
Immonen is actually quite a good craftsman. He's very accomplished. I think you may be a little harsh on him.

Actually, you bash Immonen and I'll bash Bendis. Everyone should be allowed one comic creator that they are allowed to bash without reprisal. :D

I'm with Bass.

Immonen = w00tz0rz.

What bone-thing?
As much as I wanted to love this issue, the art turned me off hard. Why does Wolverine look like a wet dog all the time? That's pretty lame.

Pietro said:
What bone-thing?

Wolverine's aforementioned "Achilles Heel." Apparently there was one bone in or near his chest that was not covered or replaced with adamentium, and Deathstrike knew about it and that if she broke it it could kill him.

Right, right.. I guess I didn't pay attention to that because it was a lame plot device. But at least we got to see him get stabbed, right?

UltimateE said:
Wolverine's aforementioned "Achilles Heel." Apparently there was one bone in or near his chest that was not covered or replaced with adamentium, and Deathstrike knew about it and that if she broke it it could kill him.

That part was actually very cool. I love me some vulnerable Logan :twisted:

Does anyone care to tackle how Deathstrikes hands worked? That was just awful.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It was Crap. Vaughan disappoints me for the first time ever.

Of course everything HAS to be related somehow. Sure, it worked out for the story. But I hate when it's all tied together. Deathstrike couldn't just have been related to one or the other? Lady Deathstrike is a terrible villain and I really hope she's gone for good. I doubt it because she supposedly has Logan's memories. Good thing some of his past was revealed eh? And what were Deathstrike's powers? The hands? sucked...

Too top it off. The Art was AWFUL!

Like I said, Vaughan's writing has always been elementary, but they have all been ambitious adventures that deliver good action, great dialogue, and stories that last for the read... It's a different comic, but it's a very good one. This issue is no exception, in my opinion, and think you're being far too critical. I thought Deathstrike was the perfect villain for this arc... She served her purpose, you see... Storm stated at the end that neither she or Wolverine could continue to live, consumed in their past and she represented both of their pasts. That was all, nothing more, nothing less. I think you can forgive Vaughan for this one.

Latest posts

Back