How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 16 66.7%

Votes: 7 29.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ultimatedjf

Best issue of the week. The art is so much better than last issue, and Vaughan displays his awesome writing talents that won him the EISNER!!!!!

-The colors in this scene are sweet.
-I like how Wanda stopped that spear thingy right before it hit her.
-Awwwww, a cat.
-Good Genosha reference, good scanners reference, good Lord Scheele reference......
-The art on all the Lorna scenes
-Quicksilver!
-Doug Ramsey!! Brooklyn Bridge! Ultimates!
-"Leave him alone, dink"
-They are still suffering the consequences from stealing the Jet to go to Genosha...
-Forge!
-AHHHHHHHHH-HAAAAAAAA!!!!! Mystique!!!!!!!!
-Probably the best letters page I've read in months.

Dislikes
-Alex is a little *****
-The scene between Charles and Emma. Just didn't like it. But I didn't hate it either....

9.5/10

This arc could be better than the Tempest!!

I liked the Longshot appearance as well, which makes for an interesting future appearance...probably in the next issue or two. All in all, though, I'm standing by my statement that I am sick and tired of seeing Magneto in the X-Men. They had so many great villians over the years, why is it necessary to continually bring this guy back into the story lines. Show so originality! Stray from the proven formula! Do something else, damn it!

Holy ****!!!!!!!! 9.9/10 (Nothing's perfect)

I don't even know what to say... That last page was just :crazy:

I want more and I want Vaughn on this title FOREVER!

EDIT: Normally I'd agree NotThatTodd but I don't think Magneto's gettin out by arcs end. But good god this is gonna be the best arc ever.

TheManWithoutFear said:
EDIT: Normally I'd agree NotThatTodd but I don't think Magneto's gettin out by arcs end. But good god this is gonna be the best arc ever.

If this ends up being the best arc ever I'm going to be so annoyed with myself for being so annoyed with it...

Last edited:
Hi guys, new here! :D

can anyone make a summary of this issue?

does mystique appear at all?

thanks a lot!

funny you should ask...

But Mystique is in our midsts, and it would seem she works for the Brotherhood.

Hi-Fi said:
Hi guys, new here! :D

can anyone make a summary of this issue?

does mystique appear at all?

thanks a lot!

Welcome Hi-Fi! For an issue summary, you can either wait for someone to post (I'm too lazy :D), or if you can wait a while, there will (some day) be a page by page summary up at uncannyxmen.net or something like that. But yes, Mystique DOES appear, though not in the form of a cat......

Dr.Strangefate said:
funny you should ask...

But Mystique is in our midsts, and it would seem she works for the Brotherhood.

BTW I'm really happy she works for the brotherhood. I'm glad she's just not working undercover for SHIELD or for Xavier. I'm really happy she's gonna be a villain and one of Magneto's main villains.

notTHATtodd said:
I liked the Longshot appearance as well, which makes for an interesting future appearance...probably in the next issue or two. All in all, though, I'm standing by my statement that I am sick and tired of seeing Magneto in the X-Men. They had so many great villians over the years, why is it necessary to continually bring this guy back into the story lines. Show so originality! Stray from the proven formula! Do something else, damn it!

I do agree, but you have to look at it from the writers perspective..... after all, if you where writing Ultimate X-men, would'nt you won't to take a crack at Magneto...... and this is only the third arc he has been in..... other than Ultimate War..... and he IS the X-Mens greatest Enemy....

Not as strong an issue as last, but I thought it was as good as all of you are saying! For such a "calm" issue, a lot happened and three very cool character appearances for the first time. I'm honestly a little upset that Cannonball was introduced just to fit into Alex's suicide mission, but Vaughan'll be forgiven because Mystique was FINALLY introduced. I thought the characters were all very strong in this issue (The set up for the dilemma with Scott/Havok/Polaris was done well, I thought... He had to hide his emotions because he was in a room full of unsuspecting people. Anyway, a good issue, awesome that Cannonball's FINALLY around with Mystique to boot. I want the next issue now... It's a good thing the Annual's coming out or else I am not quite sure I would be able to handle the wait!

Speculation Time!

Let's see what needs to be answered...

- Who is Mystique reporting to? We know she's involved with the leadership of the current incarnation of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but where did she get her orders? Also, where was she in the last two attacks Mags unleashed on America? And how does she know about the whole Lorna situation?

- Why did Lorna, someone who until recently did not ever lose control of her powers, lose control?

- Why are they letting Magneto's son keep watch over him? And why is he so protective of Lorna? ... I mean, he does have a thing for sisters...

ultimatedjf said:
Welcome Hi-Fi! For an issue summary, you can either wait for someone to post (I'm too lazy :D), or if you can wait a while, there will (some day) be a page by page summary up at uncannyxmen.net or something like that. But yes, Mystique DOES appear, though not in the form of a cat......

yeah, i know about uncannyxmen.net, i'm just THAT impatient. Thanks for the welcome! :D

So, we now have a lot of mutants running around: the x-men, the brotherhood and Emma's students. Let the war begin.

Dr.Strangefate said:
- Why did Lorna, someone who until recently did not ever lose control of her powers, lose control?

Uhhh, cause of the machine that Mystique and Forge were picking up. Electromagnetic field generator......

Dr.Strangefate said:
- Why are they letting Magneto's son keep watch over him? And why is he so protective of Lorna? ... I mean, he does have a thing for sisters...

Say what???
Please you MUST tell me this Quicksilver is watching Magneto? He knows about Lorna? AAAAAAH!!!!

See, issues like this are what makes me wonder why people dislike Vaughans X-men. While the intangibles were better, all of his issues have been as characterizing and well-planned as this. Yes, I agree with whoever said they want him on this title forever.

Spider-man- Bendis
Ultimates - Millar
FF- Ellis
X-men- Vaughan

These should be the only writers for those titles. Period. Just tell them they're doing them until they die.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Speculation Time!

Let's see what needs to be answered...

- Who is Mystique reporting to? We know she's involved with the leadership of the current incarnation of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but where did she get her orders? Also, where was she in the last two attacks Mags unleashed on America? And how does she know about the whole Lorna situation?

1. Ultimate Exodus? Nah, I dunno. I think it'd be so cool if Sabertooth were still alive and took control of the brotherhood. I mean Vaughn so far is giving EVERYONE exactly what they wished for so Sabertooth would be awesome. Otherwise she's probably just working for Magneto and that's who she's taking orders from. He probably left orders for when/if something ever happens to him.

2. Because of Forge's machine man...

3. I don't think QUicksilver has a thing for Lorna at all he's just keeping tabs on his scumbag father.

Yeah, I don't think Quicksilver has said a loving word to his father after Mags blew his knees off .

I think Mystique is a head figure, though I don't know who she'd be under. I don't think a strong head is needed, its either Magneto, or a soon-to-be-dead (-or-shot-in-the-knee-caps) subordinate. She was probably an in-man that Magneto kept secret so that if the Brotherhood was hunted down she wouldn't be suspect. I don't think its Sabertooth. Frankly, he's too stupid.

Loved this issue. Vaughn is always great and Immomen's art in this issue is really good IMO.

-Doug, Sam, and Roberto
-Kitty calling Bobby a dink
-Mystique :)

Dislikes
-The conehead Xavier where he tells Cyclops, Storm, NC, and Kitty they'll go in the X-jet
-Alex being a douchebag

I just realized that Longshot has the old mullet. It made me happy.

This issue was seriously one of the best Ultimate X-Men issues ever. Vaughn is continually impressing me with his writing. He manages to cram so many 616 analogues into each issue, but he does it in a way that is realistic (well, moreso than 616 anyway) and believable. I cannot wait to see how this arc continues.

On a side note, I'm hoping Vaughn stays on the title later than we thought with the recent announcement that Singer's run has been pushed back from starting in December until Summer, 2006. Who's going to be writing the title between December and next summer is Vaughn doesn't stay on?

As for what I liked about this issue...everything. But to be more specific, seeing all the members of 616's X-Factor appear was cool (so far we've got Havok, Polaris, Sunspot, and now Cannonball and Doug Ramsey!!). Forge's return was great. I hope this is to possibly set him up to join the X-Men, or even SHIELD later on. Also Mystique showing up at the end was just awesome, can't wait to see what her Ultimate original form will look like. Will she still resemble a tall Smurf, or will she look more human?

Overall, this issue gets 5 stars, cannot WAIT for the rest of this arc!! Vaughn is the man!!

Latest posts

Back