Ultimate X-men #81 discussion (spoilers)

Why did they ahve to bring back Hank? And without the blue fur? I liked his death, is was sudden and I felt for it. Now this just makes that worth nothing. I liked the explanation though and the current direction of the book.

Why did they ahve to bring back Hank? And without the blue fur? I liked his death, is was sudden and I felt for it. Now this just makes that worth nothing. I liked the explanation though and the current direction of the book.

It only makes it "mean nothing" in retrospect. As an ongoing serial medium it worked fine for you, because you felt for it. It was important and meaningful at the time. I, on the other hand, am very happy to see him back, which only works because he died to begin with.

Plus, although he's alive, everyone he knows still thinks he's dead, so the impact on the characters isn't lessened any.

It only makes it "mean nothing" in retrospect. As an ongoing serial medium it worked fine for you, because you felt for it. It was important and meaningful at the time. I, on the other hand, am very happy to see him back, which only works because he died to begin with.

Plus, although he's alive, everyone he knows still thinks he's dead, so the impact on the characters isn't lessened any.

Well a part of me likes that he's back because he was a cool character. But death is the ultimate, it is something that in real life cannot be undone, it is final, and the impact it has is very great. Everytime a comic revereses death it cheapens it. Also the whole "coming back from the dead and people having to deal with it" is played out

I agree. That was one thing I liked about Bendis' run - Beast's death. It was unexpected, like most deaths are, and I thought it was meaningful - but Bendis didn't follow up on it.

I'll see what happens now that he's back before I decide whether or not I like him being back. Who did they bury?

I agree. That was one thing I liked about Bendis' run - Beast's death. It was unexpected, like most deaths are, and I thought it was meaningful - but Bendis didn't follow up on it.

I'll see what happens now that he's back before I decide whether or not I like him being back. Who did they bury?

Some hobo

Latest posts

Back