Ultimate X-men #81 discussion (spoilers)

No, it happens in the later episodes of the anime. However, it was so terrible it caused permanent brain damage, thus most people have forgotten about it.

The second to last episode ****ed me up so much I haven't gone back.

I loved this issue.

Kirkman is taking this title into a very unique and "Ultimate" direction that I think will have, eventually, a huge pay-off. I would rather Singer not jump on and let Kirkman ride this one out. The Magneto storyline jumping back up will be interesting in the future, the Hellfire Club, as well as the Morlocks being around, and Beast... Oh, Beast. People have asked, now Kirkman has delivered. I didn't think anything was contrived about his reappearance or Mystique's leave from prison.

I can't wait for the next issue.

I thought Ultimate Sinister was the only take on the character that worked.

Seriously, 616 Sinister is so messed up and contrived that whenever I see him in a book I literally groan and roll my eyes.

I miss seeing him dead, but I think Apoc will bring him back somehow or he's faking his death somehow to get out of his cell.

I refuse to believe he's dead.

I just got to reading the issue, and it was definitely one of the best issues Kirkman has written.

I wish they had made Xavier more nefarious in subjugating Beast against his will.

I thought Ultimate Sinister was the only take on the character that worked.

Seriously, 616 Sinister is so messed up and contrived that whenever I see him in a book I literally groan and roll my eyes.

I miss seeing him dead, but I think Apoc will bring him back somehow or he's faking his death somehow to get out of his cell.

I refuse to believe he's dead.

He won't be dead for long. Look how Beast and Charlie are already back in the loop.

He won't be dead for long. Look how Beast and Charlie are already back in the loop.

Ugh, we're already saying this about the Ultimate universe. I think if he's brought back in two issues or less, or if he's brought back within six issues but significant hints are dropped, it won't really count as a true death. Still, I think there's a good chance that this is permanent. Maybe it's a signal to his followers?

Nothing is permanent when writers don't stick to the title permanently and there is no end to the title until it gets cancelled... You need those characters to continue. I'm not saying that I think Sinister will reappear in two or three issues, but some time down the line we'll be seeing more of Sinister. If not with Kirkman, then maybe the next guy.

I mean, I don't think it is entirely impossible now that we know Beast is alive that Gambit is premanently dead, either. I'd be surprised if we didn't see him back.

I love the ragin' Cajun as much as the next fanboy, but I don't see how Gambit could possibly add anything to the UXM right now, or the foreseeable future.

Beast was always one of those needed X-Men. Having him out of the book for so long was saddening in it's own right because the character adds so much to any X-Book.

BUT that said, Gambit's kinda crazy and whatnot in 616 and I'm sure there's an assload of people that want to read good natured Gambit in a book. A Gambit that flirts with everything that moves and fights with style, when he's not stealing something.

But the direction UXM is going, I don't think that book is UXM. As a fan I'd love to see him back, but I want him to bring something to the table when he comes back.

Grah!

Sinister Didn't Die! It was an illluuusion.

Mastermind walks RIGHT BY them checking him as dead, and the second he's out of that room he's undetectable by all their surveillence.

He knows something Magneto wants to know, and so Magneto broke him out.

I GAURENTEE he isnt dead.

Grah!

Mastermind walks RIGHT BY them checking him as dead, and the second he's out of that room he's undetectable by all their surveillence.

I stand by my opinion. If he's brought back after more than an arc of "death" and no clues are dropped, it's another--oh, **** it. He's so obviously not dead. You're right, DSF.

Grah!

While I think its a good reason, I can't fathom why Magneto would need a raving lunatic like Sinister. Sinister was a mutant serial killer. He was a genetically-altered human, to boot. Magento probably wouldn't like a guy like Sinister very much. Plus, as far as we can tell, only Sinister knows about Apocalypse.

Last edited:
I think Gambit added a real cool dynamic to the title for the arc he was active in. He was and he wasn't a villain - the X-Men had personal problems with him and it affected how they functioned as a team. He brought out the animal in Wolverine, the love in Rogue, and the jealousy in Iceman... Where has this all gone in the absense of the ragin' Cajun?

Magneto could want Sinister to hype Apocolypse... With some crazy proganda about evolution and where mutants fall in all of that, it could be that Magneto and Sinister could become friends. That would be a good way to beef up Magneto's numbers and would be realistic enough for the UU.

I don't think Magneto has any plans for Sinister and if he did Mastermind would have busted him out.

True cameras and the like can't pick up Sinister but SHIELD personal would pick him up somewhere without help and there's no way Mystique could know to take the "dead" body out with her.

Sinister is the kind of thing Magneto would hate. A human who's experimented on mutants and is a mutant serial killer! Magneto would free him to kill Sinister himself!

I don't think Magneto has any plans for Sinister and if he did Mastermind would have busted him out.

Well, the idea is that the "dead" Sinister was an illusion by Mastermind. But, thinking about it, Sinister would have been with Mastermind and Stacy X when they busted out Mystique and the pair of them (Sinister and Mystique) would have escaped together.

No, there's something else going on with Sinister and it has Apocalypse written all over it

Well, the idea is that the "dead" Sinister was an illusion by Mastermind. But, thinking about it, Sinister would have been with Mastermind and Stacy X when they busted out Mystique and the pair of them (Sinister and Mystique) would have escaped together.

No, there's something else going on with Sinister and it has Apocalypse written all over it

Total agreement.

I thought some of the art was terrible. Ick:x

Still, I can't wait for the next issue, hopefully we'll find out more about Sinister.

Latest posts

Back