Ultimate X-Men #84 discussion -- SPOILERS!!

Re: Marvel.com's preview of Ultimate X-Men #84

Let me see, the team will be...

Bishop
Storm
Pyro
Angel
Dazzler
Wolverine
Syrin (or some other mutatnt girl never seen before. I'm guessing Syrin).

Love love LOVE the artwork! Best i've seen on this title, in a loooooong time.

I *think* Paquette has finally managed to get the characters' physiques down to something manageable, which had been his main flaw, in his previous work.

Even in Bulleteer, where ridiculous, super-human bodies were meant to be part of the storyline, it looked ugly and out of place.

But otherwise, he does faces and body language well, and the dynamic exaggeration of his action sequences fits the direction the storyline is going it.

Oh, and without the detail, the cover kinda looks like it might be a Mike Allred drawing -- specifically, X-Statix or X-Force. Of course, I think that's a good thing, being one of the few people on this board who's totally in awe of Allred's illustrations.

Last edited:

Well now I'm anxious to find out who the unknown girl is... I hope it is Siryn. When Deadpool makes his triumphant return, they can hook up. :wink:

6000-107613-1-deadpool_400.jpg

Last edited:

That Joseph in the previews? And Wolfsbane? Where ever are you guys getting Siryn from? I'm hoping not.

I am liking this title with each new thing I hear about it. It's a real shame there's no annual coming out for UXM, though...

Could be Wolfsbane... umm... we are talking about the small one of the left-hand side, right?

Last edited:

I don't think Kitty will be joining the team. I still think Siryn but Wolfsbane is a possibility.

That Joseph in the previews? And Wolfsbane? Where ever are you guys getting Siryn from? I'm hoping not.

I am liking this title with each new thing I hear about it. It's a real shame there's no annual coming out for UXM, though...

Joseph? Is that they guy with the white hair? If so, what is his full name?

Joseph was a clone of Magneto. His name was just Joseph. And I hope that it isn't him. Riptide would be Ok.

Joseph was a clone of Magneto. His name was just Joseph. And I hope that it isn't him. Riptide would be Ok.

Yeah I don't think it is him. It might be this Riptide character though, because he looks like him with the long white hair and all.

Yeah I don't think it is him. It might be this Riptide character though, because he looks like him with the long white hair and all.

first off i want to say welcome back Thor! (90$!)

and for some reason the first character i thought of when i saw this white haired guy was Nitro wouldn't that be a twist

first off i want to say welcome back Thor! (90$!)

and for some reason the first character i thought of when i saw this white haired guy was Nitro wouldn't that be a twist

The first person I thought of was acctually Joseph. Wierd.

The first person I thought of was acctually Joseph. Wierd.

Yeah, Joseph was the first to pop in my mind as well. I know it won't be him, so we'll see who it'll turn out to be. This book is getting better and better.

The book is easily awesome just for going so far from the source material that it stands on it's own two feet with little trouble.

I personally can't wait for this issue. I haven't been so excited about UXM before - a new team and a new direction means we'll actually have little to complain about... Not that we've been complaining about the Kirkman run.

God, I wish he would stay on for a while, while.

UXM is fantastic. It's the best the Ultimate Universe has right now.

If they're previewing 84...did I miss 83?

Latest posts

Back