Ultimate X-Men #84 discussion -- SPOILERS!!

Re: Marvel.com's preview of Ultimate X-Men #84

Wow.

Kirkman, I will say, is shaping up to be my favorite writer on this title. They certainly replaced Vaughan with the right person... Despite the mediocre Magical. That I can forgive Kirkman for... Especially now that we've got such interesting and new things going on.

By the way, I'm thinking Stryfe is actually Cable, not Wolverine. The Sentinels are attached to Weapon X or something, they give Stryfe claws because he's got a healing factor and, when he becomes Cable, he acts as Wolverine to get into his head... Because that's the most reasonable way to beat Logan.

Well, I gotta say that does sound better than Wolverine being Cable.

Re: Marvel.com's preview of Ultimate X-Men #84

I just don't buy that Wolverine is ACTUALLY Cable. There's more to it than that. I know there has to be.

Once again, I'm pleasantly surprised by Kirkman's UXM outing, which up until last issue, I hadn't really been liking all that much.

I don't have time to write a summary, but I'll say that the art by Paquette (spelling?) has improved greatly. No more fishlips that I saw.

The first page is the best as there's a good joke courtesy of Wolverine.

As for the cliffhanger ending, I know this is a spoiler-marked thread, but still I feel I should do this, at least for this first post: Trask has been working with the Fenris Twins to bring back the Sentinels.

4/5

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need spoiler marks in a spoiler thread.

I know, it's just that sometimes I accidently click to see a thread for a comic/movie/tvshowepisode that I haven't seen yet, and I accidently see the spoilers, so that's why I did it for just the first post. :D

Okay, does it say why Trask has been working with the twins? And I wonder why the twins would even work with them if they're mutants as well...

Veeeeeeeeeery interesting.

Why does seem like I'm doing all the Ultimate summaries lately??

It starts off with Logan in a bar. The owner is giving him crap because he's a mutant. Saying, I seen men twice your size die from drinking that much alcohol. I know what you are, pal. Thing is, my bartender ain't been folloin' the rules. Ya see, we don't serve your kind here. Logan: Eh? You got a problem with Canadians? The owner pulls out a shot gun and shots Logan in the face. Logan coughs and says, Not what you were expecting is it? C'mere! while poping a claw. Seein' as how you tried to kill me-- and would have succeeded if I wasn't so tough-- does that mean this is self-defense? You see-- mothing butters my bread more that someone trying to off me-- it puts me in a real bad mood...

Storm and Bishop walk in. Logan. Hello, darin'. What brings you to this little slice of Heaven? Storm: We're putting the team back together Well, some of the team. How would you like to come back to the X-Men? The offer is off the table the minute his heart stops beating... seriously, not a drop of blood hits the floor. I mean it. Logan slices of the guy fingers. Logan: Sure, Storm. I'll join. I've got nothing better to do and it keeps me honest. Storm: They're calling an ambulance now-- let's just go. We need to leave. Logan: Lucky for me, all his blood landed on the bar. They leave.

Back in the Bronx. We see Stryfe giving his speech. When all of a sudden a bunch of Sentinels start blasting everyone. Stryfe tells everyone to stay and fight. While he ask Zero to teleport him out of there. Over at the Xavier School Betsy (I was right) and Syndicate tell Scott and the others what they been up to since they last saw them. How she's been keeping an eye on the Fenris twins and Syndicate has been keeping an eye on the Hellfire Club. But now that Xavier is dead (as far as they know) they want the join the team. But Scott tells him the disbanned the X-Men. Betsy yells at Scott for giving up. In the excitment Syndicate send of a E.M.P. pulse by accendent and the lights go out.

Back in Sydney Bishop tells his new team what the score is. How things are already changing. He also tells them how he whats to train them to use the ful use out of their powers. Logan is still not sure about Bishop, but Storm does. So he says he'll go along with it for now. Bishop starts to train Dazzler. Telling her that her power may not just a light show. That maybe their tiny explosions and that she may be able to do bigger exploisons.

Next we see Angel, Logan, Storm, and Pyro. Angel tells Logan thanks for the training he gave him before he left. Storm tells Pyro he's doing a great job cleaning up the place. Pyro just says, I'm just trying to do my part. Logan comes over and flirts with Storm a little. Storm then tells Logan about all the costumes she's come up with and that Logan's might seem a bit familiar (note: looks like the costume he was wearing when he first joined the X-Men). Bishop comes in and asks Storm to join him for getting a new recruit.

Again we go back the the Bronx where Stryfe and his fellow mutants regoup. And tells them there must be a traitor among them. For how else would have they been found. He tells them to prepair for the next step in their plan. Back at the mansion we see Bishop asking Jean to locate someone for him using cerebro. But Bishop discovers that he new recruit is already at the mansion, Betsy. The news comes on and talks about how a group of mutants were attacking City Hall but now a bunch of Sentinels are attacking the mutants. The new team telaports there and start fighting.

Elsewhere. We see Trask saying this is to big-- it isn't how things were supposed to happen! there's too much attention! It's all over the news. It's getting out of control-- I don't know what we'er going to do. The government--the X-Men--- too fast. They're going to shut us down-- they're going to find us and we're all going to Jail! A couple a familiar vocies ring out. "Calm yourself Trask. You've got no reason to be so agitated. Everything is going exactly as planed." We see its the Fenris Twins.

not a bad issue. Can't wait for the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would anyone insult Seldes?
I think his comments were directed toward Victor. Although I think he'd be safer insulting me than Victor.... :panic:

:twisted:

Then again, maybe not. :wink:

Go ahead.
Thank you. I promise I won't change your words, just the spacing of a few lines.

Edit: There. Done. See if that reads a little better.

Last edited:
I think his comments were directed toward Victor. Although I think he'd be safer insulting me than Victor.... :panic:

:twisted:

Then again, maybe not. :wink:

See, there are two kinds of parental anger. Insulting Vic gets you the angry, "You're going to get it with the belt" anger. Insulting you, Seldes, I would think gets the much worse "Disappointed" anger.

Last edited:
So Trask was hoping to keep giant robots "low key"?

I initially was going to say "Yeah, duh, they're just picking off lone, weak mutants one by one at night and running off", but actually, this brings up an important question... where do they go during the daytime? They're not as huge as the originals, but they wouldn't fit through a door--hell, they'd have problems fitting through a garage door. How do they hide during the daytime? Are they thin and agile enough to move around in alleyways? Do they sneak around rooftops?

Latest posts

Back