Ultimate X-Men #86 discussion (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
X-Men fight Sentinels. Stryfe tells Pyro he knows he's a spy. X-Men fight Sentinels. Jean goes to Scott, and while he cuddles her, her eyes glow. X-Men fight Sentinels. Stryfe and his mutants protest and state that they're no longer going to run or hide. Sentinels appear. Stryfe leaves. Pyro and the mutants prepare to fight back. X-Men defeat Sentinels. Fenris Twins prepare to blow Psylocke's head off. Bishop wakes up and tells them to get away from his wife.

That was basically this issue in a minute. Not much is happening. We're still getting hints and stuff for future stories (The Phoenix, the Stryfe/Sentinel thing), but we're hardly getting any content for the current story. Good art though.

His wife?

Admitting that has to mess up some kind of timeline, hell being there has to mess up that timeline.

That's my problem with the last few issues. We have some good stories being teased but Kirkman's so busy setting up stories he fumbles the current story.

My issue's still in the mail though, I'll have more to add once I get it.

I don't even care.

Bring on Loeb.

o.0

It's not that bad yet! Kirkman just needs to focus his stories some more. He's trying to give us this frantic feeling that something big's about to happen, but that doesn't flow so well in a monthly comic then say a weekly hour long TV show.

Yeah this was not bad !!

Hate Stryfe though he deserves everything thats coming to him... turncoat coward,the guy probably aint even a mutant !!

Solicits for this issue said "Cable reveals a secret to Xavier"!! Did a page fall out of my mag,coz I missed it if it was there ??

3.7/5

Remember when Kirkman was actually bringing this book back to the forefront of the UU and it was fastly becoming the "it" book of the UU?

Yeah.....I miss that.

This was almost as boring as UFF has been lately.

Didn't like the issue.

I dont like they brought back Beast. (Hey guys! I was never dead!)
I don't like they use a page for Jean and Cyclops, but nothing interesting happens. (Glowing eyes!! Oh noes! How will we sleep at night)
i dont like colossus not being on any x-team and is a gay construction worker. (Village People?)
I dont like the fact we see lots of fighting, but nothing remotely spectacular happens. Sentinals fall apart when they are touched! seriously, they form a threat to mutants? I've seen actionfigures that looked stronger than them.
Angel is ****ing useless and keeps falling out of the sky. Angel? More like Anvil.

so 0/5! =D

Last edited:
Kirkman's so...inconstant on books that he didn't create. This is just meh.

I dont like they brought back Beast. (Hey guys! I was never dead!)
I believed they said he died and was revived. So he did die.

I don't like they use a page for Jean and Cyclops, but nothing interesting happens. (Glowing eyes!! Oh noes! How will we sleep at night)
This I agree with. A quick page to show that is pointless because now you're just doing too much of teasing and it's not moving anything forward.

i dont like colossus not being on any x-team and is a gay construction worker. (Village People?)
I don't have a problem with him not being on a team. It's not like he'll be never brought up again or won't see action at some point. And I don't see what's the big deal with him as a gay contrucstion worker. Maybe he should get a job at Subway?

I dont like the fact we see lots of fighting, but nothing remotely spectacular happens. Sentinals fall apart when they are touched! seriously, they form a threat to mutants? I've seen actionfigures that looked stronger than them.
I can see what you're saying. The fights seem like they're just for show and aren't helping the plot much.

Angel is ****ing useless and keeps falling out of the sky. Angel? More like Anvill.
And this is after Angel thanked Wolverine for the training sessions. So now why aren't we seeing anything coming out of that?

That said, I'm still enjoying the issues, though I can see they're not as good as they should be.

I believed they said he died and was revived. So he did die.

They said Beast never died. Fury tricked people into thinking that so Beast could work on the legacy virus (cure?) without anyone interfering. If they had revived him I would hate that even worse. That would mean Fury has the power to revive people. All the deaths in Ultimates (hawkeyes family, jarvis, etc) would be completely meaningless if Fury can just wish people alive again.

They said Beast never died. Fury tricked people into thinking that so Beast could work on the legacy virus (cure?) without anyone interfering. If they had revived him I would hate that even worse. That would mean Fury has the power to revive people. All the deaths in Ultimates (hawkeyes family, jarvis, etc) would be completely meaningless if Fury can just wish people alive again.
I think he was just at the point where he could be revived. Like when somenone's heart stops beating, they can revive with that machine thingy. So then Fury kept it as he died.

Latest posts

Back