Ultimate X-Men #98-100 "Ultimatum"

Oh well, old Yeller is going to the shed instead.

hahahahah
i was going to say that! :lol:

i haven't read it yet, i'll pick it up tomorrow.

maybe in a few years Mark Millar will want to jump back on UXM and they'll do Giant-Sized Ultimate X-Men #1 with an "all new, all different" team.

Can someone give a summary... I had to work a 12 hour shift yesterday and was unable to pick up my comics.

actually, this was probably one of the Best issues in a while as well.
(Except that John Wraith was out of character and Rogue loved him like a father? really?)

besides that the story wasn't half bad. Again, not the best ever, but it was certainly better told than the Banshee story and more interesting than anything Kirkman wrote.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10516

that's the new cover for UXM #99
the robot guy is Vindicator/Wraith

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll do it. *shrug*

-William Stryker is living in Manhattan with his wife and infant son. He's a priest, but no extremist. He's watching birds on the roof until "The Ultimatum Wave" hits and he runs down to his flooded apartment, to presumably find his family dead.
-Psylocke, Firestar, Rogue, Toad, and Syndicate are watching a report on the wave. Rogue's worried about Beast and co. Jean, Cyclops, and Wolverine walk by and are heading to Magneto. Rogue wants to come, but Jean shoots her down because of that crappy last arc. "We need people we can trust" so only the original line-up's going.
-Jean heard Kurt's and Allison's dying thoughts and gives us a two-page spread mourning them.
-Toad tells Rogue the X-Men look at her like they look at him.
-In a tent, Stryker's giving a sermon to some survivors and breaks down cursing both mutants and God. Some redneck-looking guys say he's like his father, "Admiral Stryker", and show him some human-sized Sentinel suits that just so happened to wash up from the wave. Uh huh.
-Rogue somehow got to Canada, beats up Sasquatch and Jubilee, and threatens to kill Vindicator- who she reveals to be Wraith (and who she considers a father figure and now looks like he's in his thirties?)- to help her kill Magneto.
-They're going to get the Weapon X team back together. Which makes no sense. Oh, and he's got some kind of Iron Man-esque armor with an Ant-Man color scheme.
-Sabretooth and Juggernaut are at a strip club in Montreal. Juggy's having doubts about being with Magneto. Rogue, in disguise as a stripper, and Vindicator surprise-attack them.
-Firestar, Syndicate, and Psylocke are still watching TV at night. Syndicate goes for a walk, and one of his heads is blown off by the Sentinels. Stryker's their leader, of course.

Bah. Only two more issues of this crap. :/

Last edited:
I'll do it. *shrug*

-William Stryker is living in Manhattan with his wife and infant son. He's a priest, but no extremist. He's watching birds on the roof until "The Ultimatum Wave" hits and he runs down to his flooded apartment, to presumably find his family dead.
-Psylocke, Firestar, Rogue, Toad, and Syndicate are watching a report on the wave. Rogue's worried about Beast and co. Jean, Cyclops, and Wolverine walk by and are heading to Magneto. Rogue wants to come, but Jean shoots her down because of that crappy last arc. "We need people we can trust" so only the original line-up's going.
-Jean heard Kurt's and Allison's dying thoughts and gives us a two-page spread mourning them.
-Toad tells Rogue the X-Men look at her like they look at him.
-In a tent, Stryker's giving a sermon to some survivors and breaks down cursing both mutants and God. Some redneck-looking guys say he's like his father, "Admiral Stryker", and show him some human-sized Sentinel suits that just so happened to wash up from the wave. Uh huh.
-Rogue somehow got to Canada, beats up Sasquatch and Jubilee, and threatens to kill Vindicator- who she reveals to be Wraith (and who she considers a father figure and now looks like he's in his thirties?)- to help her kill Magneto.
-They're going to get the Weapon X team back together. Which makes no sense. Oh, and he's got some kind of Iron Man-esque armor with an Ant-Man color scheme.
-Sabretooth and Juggernaut are at a strip club in Montreal. Juggy's having doubts about being with Magneto. Rogue, in disguise as a stripper, and Vindicator surprise-attack them.
-Firestar, Syndicate, and Psylocke are still watching TV at night. Syndicate goes for a walk, and one of his heads is blown off by the Sentinels. Stryker's their leader, of course.

Bah. Only two more issues of this crap. :/

Thanks...

Rouge in a stripper outfit was the best part of UXM since BKV's run.
There.
I said it.
Otherwise, this issue was just flat-out retarded.

I've got to give credit to Coliete for good nods in continuity:
- He actually wants to introduce Stryker to UU, but realizes that an "Admiral Stryker" was mentioned during the New Mutants arc. So they make the Admiral as William's father.
- The mini-Sentinels are actually seen during the Return of the King arc, and are also suits worn by humans instead of the giant versions. They were never heard of ever since. So there is actually some sense to it having been washed ashore from SHIELD.
- I was worried they'll forget about the minor members of the X-Men that didn't appear during the last arc (Psylocke, Toad, Syndicate), so it was good to see them finally.

Also, this is surprisingly an improvement from the last few arcs. That's not saying much though. Also I hate that Ultimate Juggy is so freakin' weak (gets knocked out by Cap in U3, and a single blast from Vindicator here) and Rogue was able to attack an entire military installation by herself?! And wasn't John Wraith a racist against mutants as well? To my understanding, he treated Rogue and the others as weapons so Rogue calling him "like a father" was weird. I could understand a change in attitude since the last time but it seems Coliete is retconning John Wraith's depiction before.

Last edited:
It was bad.
Juggernaut dies.
Sabretooth goes off to join Magneto.
There's no indicator in regards to when this takes place with Ultimatum 2, as Xavier's just lounging in his mansion during the latter while it's being destroyed in this.

Kirkman wounded the book. Coilete's ****ting in the wounds.

Latest posts

Back