Ultimate X-Men #98-100 "Ultimatum"

This like having a loyal dog that was your best friend, to find out when it got older it tore apart your favorite shoes and eat your sisters cat.

It had to put down.

This like having a loyal dog that was your best friend, to find out when it got older it tore apart your favorite shoes and eat your sisters cat.

It had to put down.

Its a real shame too, all this could have been avoided, if the editors had done their job.

I mean come on, there were tons of stories they could have been done, instead of the ones did, like Ultimate Silver Samurai running a mutant smuggling ring from Asia. That could have been better then that magician crap.

Oh well, old Yeller is going to the shed instead.

Last edited:
Looks like Nightcrawler and Dazzler are both dead. No mention of beast. I'm expecting him to survive and the lineup to return to Millar's original..

It's a shame. And the fact that Dazz and Kurt are dead, just like that, makes me see that Ultimatum is not going to fix ****.

It's also a shame because... check out Mark Brooks' cover!

It's astounding. I hope he gets a better title after this. He deserves it.

I don't like Mark Brooks but that is a great cover.

Looks like Nightcrawler and Dazzler are both dead. No mention of beast. I'm expecting him to survive and the lineup to return to Millar's original..

WTF?! Why do they just kill random characters for no reason?

It's a shame

It really is. This title used to have so much potential....I hate to see it go already, even though it's been published longer than most Ultimate titles. It's a shame that the book is already being swept aside. I know in the '60s, the mainstream X-Men title was halted at about #66, and then Giant-Sized X-Men rejuvenated the series during the '70s, so maybe something big like that is going to happen some time after Ultimatum (not immediately after though, obviously....maybe a few years from now).

Sadly UXM just got worse and worse. Coliete and Loeb screwed up the entire team without any rhyme or reason. Even until Kirkman's run, you would still know who left, who died and who joined, and their reasons for doing so. Starting from Aron's garbage,Nightcrawler and Colossus returned for no reason and then Loeb kills off Dazzler, 'Crawler and Beast for no reason. Oh, and Pyro's not only a bad guy but he just had to be a rapist because Loeb said so. It's as if they were deliberately setting up people that they don't care about the book and so should you.

EDIT:

Last edited:
UXM was my last connection to the Ultimate Universe. If they bring it back it will be without me, I saw this as the best of the X-Books and watched as it fell farther and farther down.

In fact, that's true about the whole UU. 616 Marvel is now what the UU was just a few years ago. The UU's success is what killed it. It was different from 616 Marvel and sold extremely well so people started wondering why they didn't bring some creativity into 616 instead. So they siphoned it off of the UU, even going so far as making deals with devils to make it alike.

Frankly, for me...Marvel period is on the downslide and I just don't care about Marvel at all anymore. I'd cancelled UXM before the announce of Marvel axing it (although there were rumors), I'm glad it's gone. I'm sad at how much time and money I put into it, and that's becoming comics in general.

Comics are an expensive hobby and I'm wondering if I should even continue with it.

What happened to the cover of #99? Angel was on the cover, now its some Iron Man-like character, plus they darkened the sky and added lightning. What is going on?

Latest posts

Back