Ultimate X-Men: Apocalypse (#90-93)

the watcher

See a preview for this issue at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0801/25/marvelfirsts.htm

Also See previews for AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #9, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE CHOSEN #6, DAREDEVIL #104, FANTASTIC FOUR #553, HOUSE OF M: AVENGERS #4, MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #32, MIGHTY AVENGERS #8, RED PROPHET: THE TALES OF ALVIN MAKER #12, SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #1, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #118, WHAT IF? SPIDER-MAN VS. WOLVERINE, X-MEN: EMPEROR VULCAN #5, & THE ZOMBIE: SIMON GARTH #3

Re: Ultimate X-Men #90 discussion (spoilers!)

Huh...the more I look at it, the more I suspect maybe SInister, once he undergoes his transformation will BECOME Apocalypse.

He looks like, with a little more prosthesis, etc., he may move that direction.

That's what I was thinking.

What if Apocalypse IS just a figment of Sinisters fractured mind? And the 'Transformation' will end up being the Apocalypse personality consuming his mind completely?

Summary:

Sinister breaks out, finds the morlocks. He begins killing them, counting down from five verbally to ensure maximum reader awareness of just what the hell he's doing.

The X-Men arrive after he's killed all but one. Bishop orders Wolverine, Psylocke, and Pyro to help the Morlocks. Wolverine doesn't take it, and lunges at Sinister.

Sinister gets Dazzler on the ground and is preparing to kill her when Angel grabs him and soars into the sky. As Storm prepares a blast to save Angel, Bishop uses his gravity powers to prevent her from moving. Sinister makes Angel his final kill and disappears.

Wolverine gets really pissed that Bishop helped Angel die, so he kills him. Bishop whispers that it had to be done, that they had to have Apocalypse inhabit a body they knew of and could keep tabs on. As he dies, he whispers to Logan that he'll understand, soon.

Cut to New York: Sinister kneels on the ground, glowing, and transforms into Apocalypse.

3/5- not terrible, and I pretty much gave up on Kirkman a long time ago.

Last edited:

Huh...the more I look at it, the more I suspect maybe SInister, once he undergoes his transformation will BECOME Apocalypse.

He looks like, with a little more prosthesis, etc., he may move that direction.

That's what I was thinking.

What if Apocalypse IS just a figment of Sinisters fractured mind? And the 'Transformation' will end up being the Apocalypse personality consuming his mind completely?

You guys called it.

Eh, this issue was ok.

this issue felt really short to me...it left me rather unfulfilled

didn't see the whole sinister=appocolypse thing

as for
the death of angel
its been like an issue since the roster changed...so it was a well needed change

can't the roster stay the same for an arc so i know who to root for?

(do i need to say spoiler since this a spoiler thread?)

Last edited:

I liked this issue, actually. I think Ultimate Mr. Sinister is a badass, it's true, and faking killing yourself is something I haven't seen since that episode of My Name Is Earl (so it's kinda original), but I thought the issue was ominous even knowing what the end was going to be, so it's in the positive.

I would have preferred Dazzler dieing to Angel, though. I like[d] Warren.

Bam. Apocalypse is here. Just like that.

One less Angel. I really hope Kirkman can at least put a good spin on Apocalypse. Since it's his last arc and all. I'd like to be able to remember the guy for something good.

Thank god anvil is dead. No more gaying up the roster by being useless.

I think its very touching that the last thing he did was crashing mid-flight. He died like he lived.

Also, im calling dazzler going into berzerk mode and killing apocalipse to avenge Angels death.

I'm better sure Angel will end up coming back as Archangel soon. Call it a hunch.

Read it. Not impressed.

Still waiting to see if Apocalypse is indeed an actual entity or just another voice Sinister hears in his head.

So yeah...this was on par with all the other UXM books in almost 12 months. It was just.....there.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. It was just too rushed. And most of the counting was annoying.

I wouldn't have minded, "Five" "four," etc. But going "Three. Three more." just annoyed me. I think we got there's three more to go.

I wonder when Kirkman was first told about Loeb, if he had to restructure the whole Apoc arc. I mean, 3 issues? Whatever.

It was very rushed they didn't really give apocalypse any set or suspense.

i bet onslaught and "stryfe" are prof x and cable, from the future, come back to stop apocalypse in their super-suits.

i bet onslaught and "stryfe" are prof x and cable, from the future, come back to stop apocalypse in their super-suits.

Now I blame you for it.

That's clearly what will happen. Thanks Marvelman, THANKS A LOT!

Read it. Not impressed.

Still waiting to see if Apocalypse is indeed an actual entity or just another voice Sinister hears in his head.

So yeah...this was on par with all the other UXM books in almost 12 months. It was just.....there.

I don't think so. In this issue Bishop said, "This had to happen, now... like this. If not Sinister... would have been someone else... someone we couldn't find... someone we didn't have records on..." I think Sinister was just a tool. That Apocalypse was more of an entity, than just a thought in someone's head.

Latest posts

Back