Ultimate X-Men: Apocalypse (#90-93)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #90 discussion (spoilers!)

I really hope Kirkman can make something original about Apocalypse.

If this is another, "only the strong deserve to live," "I will crush you all," Four Horseman rehashes, and such, I don't think I'll ever be able to say a nice thing about Kirkman.

I really hope Kirkman can make something original about Apocalypse.

If this is another, "only the strong deserve to live," "I will crush you all," Four Horseman rehashes, and such, I don't think I'll ever be able to say a nice thing about Kirkman.

I was thinking the four horseman would turn out to be everyone who died in the back issues. But with only 3 dying thus far... Gambit, Beast, and now angel... my ideas gone completely to trash.

But on the other side, maybe Kirkman wont kill off Apocalypse at the end of his arc.

Unless he really was dead, but was brought back early as Dark Beast, posing as regular, non-furry Beast while under SHIELD lockdown. :(

Yeah, that would suck.

I don't even think they will go do the road of suckiness that far...they still have some standards...i think...i hope...

I don't even think they will go do the road of suckiness that far...they still have some standards...i think...i hope...

I'm assuming you forgot Marvel made One More Day and Ultimates 3. Recently.

Ultimate X-Men #91 discussion (spoilers!)

See a preview of Ultimate X-Men #91 at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0802/15/marvelfirsts.htm

also see previews for CABLE & DEADPOOL #50, INCREDIBLE HERCULES #114, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: THE ILIAD #3, THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH, IRON MAN #26, MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #21, MIGHTY AVENGERS #9, THE ORDER #8, RUNAWAYS #29, TERROR, INC. #5, ULTIMATE HUMAN #2, WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH: WARBOUND #3, & WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #22.

Re: Ultimate X-Men #91 discussion (spoilers!)

What's with the UU and villainous monologues? Or, is it just comics in general and villains talking too much?

What's with the UU and villainous monologues? Or, is it just comics in general and villains talking too much?

Its just super villain talk, that's how most of the evil genius villains talk like, in every comic ever.

Cool-so this is how Cable/Wolverine may lose his powers:

Apocalypse steals mutant powers. Every mutant he encounters makes him more powerful. Fury releases the Legacy virus, which is meant to take away mutant powers, limiting Apocalypse's access to powers. The virus mutates and kills many mutants rather than just taking their powers. Wolverine survives but loses his powers. Bishop lives because he's in prison, removed from the general population. Eventually, they come up with a vaccine, which won't restore robbed powers, but will certainly keep you from losing your powers. The handful of remaining mutants/supers develop ways to fight Apocalypse, including suits that keep Apocalypse from being able to steal their powers.

In the next few issues, we'll see Fury consider releasing the Legacy virus in the face of Apocalypse, the return of Cable and Professor X in anti-Apocalypse suits, along with the Legacy vaccine, and the big showdown, preventing the dark future ahead.

i just noted the advertising for Lost on the last pages. The Widmore industries logo on the building when Apocalyps is flying upwards, as well as the find815.com on the awning. And the sign behind Apocalypse on the last page.

Altough i love Lost, i feel like there are enough ads in comics these days. We realy dont need product-placement in the panels as well.

I never noted it before. Is there such a thing as product placement in comics? As in brands paying money to be featured in comics?

I dont know but i assume one of the writers writes for lost as well?

Last edited:

I liked this story, but I felt it's all too rushed, the writer definitely wants to do the story himself, but still we could of have a much slower build up and the series would be better for it. Too many stuff happening at once

I liked this story, but I felt it's all too rushed, the writer definitely wants to do the story himself, but still we could of have a much slower build up and the series would be better for it. Too many stuff happening at once

I think it'll keep this pace though since the arc is like 4 issues or so (doesn't want to find his copy).

But I can dig that too if Apoc is an actual threat unlike every villain in Kirkman's run (besides Cable, he kicked their collective mutant asses). A large part of me thinks he'll be defeated rather quickly, due to Cable and Xavier returning, which would be lame. I want to see Apoc actually stomp the X-Men and the Ultimates. But at it's short length...I think we'll get a quick wrap up of all of Kirkman's stories and as a result have had the last year's worth of issues lead up to nothing.

We may even get the Inspector Gadget ending, "Next time, X-Men. NEXT TIME!"

Sorry I don't have time to write out a sum., But I will tell you that Apocalypse has the power to control all mutants and forces them to fight each other, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. Oh, and you get to see Apocalypse tare off Wolverine's arm...

liked this issue.

LOVED Sue Storm saying the Ultimates are probably to busy making another sex-tape. :lol::lol::lol:

I liked it just fine.
Except for all of Apocalypse's corny super villain dialog. They really should have given Kirkman a few more issues for this story arc.

Latest posts

Back