Ultimate X4 #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ugh...

Um... Rhoda doesn't use Cerebro right as she could instantly kill everyone, so why doesn't she? Even before Reed tricked her into feeling empathy...

Wolverine is healed with an antibiotic from Reed.

Um they defear Mad-Thinker...

This was crap... Read it yourself because I'm not even sure what happened.

1/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ugh...

Um... Rhoda doesn't use Cerebro right as she could instantly kill everyone, so why doesn't she? Even before Reed tricked her into feeling empathy...

Wolverine is healed with an antibiotic from Reed.

Um they defear Mad-Thinker...

This was crap... Read it yourself because I'm not even sure what happened.

1/5

Best review EVAR!

All right. All right.

We start off with Mad Thinker killing one of the guards. The X-Men/FF come to a truce after Wolverine feels the effects of the virus and passes out. The remaining X-Men (Xavier & Company find they have been duped) Reed brings them all up to speed of what Mad Thinker is planning and they come up with the plan to stop her. Reed and Ben, Sue and Kitty, Bobby and Johnny all split off and find her. But Rhona uses Cerebro to put them all (save Reed under her control) just before they can shut down Cerebro (Kitty was going too by phasing). Rhona thinks she has won but then she begins to feel pity with the whole "What's the point, anyway" type of spin. Reed reveals that he's jacked up Cerebro so that she can feel the pain of the world sorta thing. She runs away and has Awesome Android stay behind to defeat them. Then Wolverine shows up and beats Awesome Android (A single punch isn't even shown). Logan says he did some tinkering with the escape vehicle of Rhona's and she crashes somewhere. They all go home happy.

No awesome showcases of power vs. power. Terrible use of the Mad Thinker (And it was his own creation!!!). Cerebro is just something that shouldn't be used by a villain because let's face it, if anyone got their hands on it, it's game over instantly.

It was crap. Not as bad as Ultimate Iron Man but it was really pointless.

I don't see it as pointless myself. It'sa good idea for the FF and X-Men to meet, but it wasn't done in a better way as it should.

I enjoyed the issue. It wasn't spectacular, but enjoyable at least. Art was ok, but its kinda weird when it changes from Yu to Francis and than back to Yu.

3/5

2/5. This had no business as a standalone 2-part story. Tell it in UXM or in UFF.

And MwoF's right; it was just not well written.

The art was better in part 2 though.

It was alright. Nothing really impressive. I liked the UF4/UXM interactions and pairings however, that was the issues highlights.

It wasn't bad or anything, just wasn't - I didn't really care when I finished.

Bass said:
It was alright. Nothing really impressive. I liked the UF4/UXM interactions and pairings however, that was the issues highlights.
Yeah, that's the way to put it.

UltimateE said:
2/5. This had no business as a standalone 2-part story. Tell it in UXM or in UFF.
BS, cuz if it was, you'd than say "this shouldn't be in the series". :wink:

Besides, if you wanna say that, you can say it for almost any mini or one-shots.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
Yeah, that's the way to put it.

BS, cuz if it was, you'd than say "this shouldn't be in the series". :wink:

Besides, if you wanna say that, you can say it for almost any mini or one-shots.

Ick. Imagine Ultimate Iron Man taking up TWO arcs in The Ultimates. :cry:

Not worth being trash talked. Not worth being praised. I don't feel cheated and I'm not urging my friends to read this.

I'm just disapointed because Carey can do much better.

Still had its moment, mostly due to character interactions. The empathy virus trick was both original and too abrupt to work effectively. There was no groundwork. And Wolverine coming at the last moment was almost a Deus Ex Machina... Not really because he didn't save the day but he still really came out of nowhere in order to make sure Rhonda would be thought dead, essentially (Remember the body rule).

3/5

So, I'm thinking they're going to collect this with Kirkman's first arc, leaving his second and third arc in the next trade.

If you've already bought this....my condolences. If not---hold off and wait for it to be added in the next trade for UFF.

UFF only has 3 issues an arc so I see them adding this in at the end like the last UXM trade.

Latest posts

Back