Ultimate X4 Discussion- Part 1 (Spoilers)

leather_w0lf said:
My take:

Horrible Art, choppy narration.

Why is Xavier so gullible when he's so smart? Come on! We've seen this dupe done on him a thousand times. It reinforced why I have always disliked the X-men, with a few exceptions.

Rhona - I didn't like her changes. I prefer her to be ugly and looking like Corky.

I hope it picks up and redeems itself in issue 2, which will thankfully be the last issue of this mini.

When I finished reading it, I dug out Ultimate Iron Man so I could read a better product. lol.

Then I re-read Ultimate Wolverine v. Hulk (Wolverine's one of those exceptions) so I could read a Superior product.

:eek:)

Leather

. . .

There is no Ultimate comic worse then Ultimate Iron Man. X4 1 was better then all 10 issues of Ultimate iron Man. . .yes, even the ones that haven't come out yet.

thee great one said:
I enjoyed it. Ben calling Logan a Taz ripoff was the best part. I hope they explain why Rhona looks like that now.

Same thoughts here.

thee great one said:
I hope they explain why Rhona looks like that now.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any explanation on her new, more normal look. I think it was just the way the artist chose to portray her. We'll see, I'd certainly like to see it explained or addressed, but I just don't think it will happen. Which is unfortunate.

DIrishB said:
I'm pretty sure there won't be any explanation on her new, more normal look. I think it was just the way the artist chose to portray her. We'll see, I'd certainly like to see it explained or addressed, but I just don't think it will happen. Which is unfortunate.
I think the same thing, which is a sad...sad shame. :?

Excuse me.

*In dark corner* :cry:

DIrishB said:

Wouldn't Carey have some say for the artist's character design? I mean sure the artist has enough freedom to alter a character's looks like changing his hairstyle, costume or even slightly altering their appearance, but I've noticed if it is a big cosmetic change to a character (like Green Goblin's body is constantly emitting flames after Hairsine's design in U6), the following artist tends to respect continuity as much as possible in terms of major changes in appearance.

I think Rhona's different looks deserves an explanation. Her misshapen head is supposed to be a very distinguishing feature to her, and it would be crazy to just be completely ignored. I also noticed that Ferry also made Ultimate Awesome Android / Robbie to look almost exactly like the 616 version. I remember that in Think Tank, Robbie doesn't have much of a face, but he still has eyes.

Last edited:
I didn't get how Kitty was supposed to be unconscious in her "phase-mode," yet she remained on solid floor.

An alright issue. I liked how Rhoda dealt with Wolverine, but the overall plot seems pretty weak.

Latest posts

Back