Ultimate Xavier- Darker than you may think.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Though not posted in the Mondo Marvel Panel in the Newsarama article nor on ComicBookResources, I did ask about Ultimate Xavier and if the conspiracies about him controlling people with his mind was going to be addressed again. The Assistant Editor John Barber explained that it will tie in with Cable and that "it will show that Xavier may not be on the side of the angels".

. . .

NICE.

Maybe their is hope for this Cable arc, after all!

Keep asking those questions, Ice!

I'm wondering how Cable will fit into this... And Xavier, now that Ice has asked about him. I am definitely interested, but I'm not sure if I'm sold yet.

I have a theory about Xavier. . .

Up until now, Jean occasionally seemingly talks to herself. At first, I thought this may have just been the Phoenix Force, but after re-reading Blockbuster, and more intrestingly, Cry Wolf, I think it may be an alternate personality of Xavier, since the "voice" seemed to have praise for Xavier in Blockbuster, and Jean had mistaken the voice for Xavier in Cry Wolf

An intresting take on Ultimate Onslaught, perhaps?

Last edited:
I cannot wait for ultimate cable. It should be pretty damn cool and Xavier being a little on the dark side is something that i can't wait for either.Maybe we can see Xavier kill a bunch of people because he went mad in one of the arcs, maybe even an x-men.That would be interesting.

Lynx said:
I have a theory about Xavier. . .

Up until now, Jean occasionally seemingly talks to herself. At first, I thought this may have just been the Phoenix Force, but after re-reading Blockbuster, and more intrestingly, Cry Wolf, I think it may be an alternate personality of Xavier, since the "voice" seemed to have praise for Xavier in Blockbuster, and Jean had mistaken the voice for Xavier in Cry Wolf

An intresting take on Ultimate Onslaught, perhaps?

Hmmm....

And Onslaught was basically a product of Xavier wiping Magneto's mind, something he did sort of do earlier in the series.

You might be on to something there.

Xavier can hardly be a complete villain given what we've seen so far but there is some room to make him surprisingly ruthless in the pursuite of his agenda.

Like, what did Xavier have the guy with two-head do after the bank robbery? I'm happy that will be adressed.

Last edited:
Xavier can be ruthless and i know in the future he will.I think there could even be a possibility that shield might take him as competition or a threat therefore he needs to be eliminated. Kind of like the Ultimate War miniseries, Ultimates vs. the X-men

E said:
Hmmm....

And Onslaught was basically a product of Xavier wiping Magneto's mind, something he did sort of do earlier in the series.

You might be on to something there.

I also noticed in The Most Dangerous game that Jean started calling Xavier "Charles", but when she did it in front of the students, he got defensive and told her to call him "Professor".

Actually, I think it would be an intresting dynamic if the Phoenix persona and the "Dark Xavier/Onslaught" persona were "intimate" with each other.

DIrishB said:
Actually, this is how I'd prefer to see Ultimate Xavier.

Ditto. I hate the whole goody two-shoes Xavier. It makes him a much more intresting character to have some dark intentions. Actually, I'm waiting for Ultimate Emma Frost to show another side to her pacifist thinking.

Lynx said:
Ditto. I hate the whole goody two-shoes Xavier.

Goody two-shoes Xavier is fake. He's not a good person, he's just as manipulative as, say, Magneto. The difference is that his intentions are good, whereas Magneto's...aren't.

So seeing a more aggressive Xavier...that's interesting. As long as he doesn't become any more villianous than he should be I'm fine with it.

Well they have always been leaning on the fact that Prof X might be a bit darker, with mind controling, and hiring that 2 faced kid to spy on hell fire.
But as long as they don't make onslaught a huge cross over and when its all said and done, Xaiver is allowed to run the mutant school like straight after hes pretty much terrorised the X-men i think it could be good

One thing I've always wanted to see Xavier do is mentally take control of the X-Men when they're out number and almost certainly going to lose. All of a sudden the X-Men are work as a team better than they've ever worked before and pushing their powers to levels they've never experienced. It would be a darker Xavier because psychics aren't supposed to do that kind of thing.

E said:
Goody two-shoes Xavier is fake. He's not a good person, he's just as manipulative as, say, Magneto. The difference is that his intentions are good, whereas Magneto's...aren't.

So seeing a more aggressive Xavier...that's interesting. As long as he doesn't become any more villianous than he should be I'm fine with it.

I think it would be great if we see Xavier/Onslaught doing deeds worse then Magento. . .because he thinks he's doing what he's been doing all along, just far more aggressivley.

That way he could be a villian, but a very sympathetic villian, and at the end of the day, he could go back to being regular Xavier.

Latest posts

Back