ULTIMATES 2 #1 {spoilers!!!}

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
OMG! This issue was worth the 9 months of waiting! So much stuff! In here, we get to see ANT-MAN! Hank said to Banner that he's been talking to Fury that he wants to join the team as ANT-MAN.

Also, we see what Xavier is involved. Banner's been talking to him having psychic conversations.

Oh man, and already the beans have been spilled about Banner being Hulk. I thought this was going to be in issue 2.

Oh, and Loki has made his pressence. Thor was told by someone that he has ecaped and that he's makingreality change. Thor was being cocky and was like, "Whatever. I'll take care of him". (Not exact words). This was in a restaurant. After a few minutes, a waiter came over and told Thor he was talking to himself for a while. This is why I think Loki is already coming.

Art was awesome. Issue definetly rocked.
9/10 Art and Story.

It came out today.

I won;t have it till atleast monday. 3 weeks worth of comics are sitting at my shop for me. Damn nightturn.

I only do hardcovers for Spider-Man. Talk about a wait.

Hey Ice, did you pick up the varient, or atleast get a look at it?

I saw it! Its just the same thing. But still ULTIMATES 2 Baby!!!

I didn't get it,because my store never got it. I don't know why, since the store got in 17 issues of it, and the incentive order was a 1:10.

Ice you left out some of the coolest stuff! Pym and Banner are working together now on new superhero ideas, and Pym has been working on Ultron (!). The reason everyone knows Banner is Hulk is because someone is leaking info to the media. And Thor just might be going crazy, thinking he's talking to a fellow Asgardian in the middle of the restaurant while everyone looks at the kook sitting at the table talking to himself.

Such a great issue - Millar crammed so much into it without making it cluttered; everything moved along nicely. And Hitch is the best comics artist out there, period.

Baxter - I did get the sketch variant. I paid $15. It is NOT a cover variant as many people are calling it - the entire issue is Hitch's pencils; no inks, no colors, no words. The script for the issue is in the back.

Hrmmm, well, if my shop got it, wich I'm doubting, I'm deffinatly picking it up. I love behiund the scenes stuff like that.

UltimateE said:
Ice you left out some of the coolest stuff! Pym and Banner are working together now on new superhero ideas, and Pym has been working on Ultron (!).

D'oh! This always happens to me when I don't have the comic in front of me. I was like, "Holy Crap! Ultron!! :shock:" Ah man, can't wait to see that!

UltimateE said:
And Thor just might be going crazy, thinking he's talking to a fellow Asgardian in the middle of the restaurant while everyone looks at the kook sitting at the table talking to himself.

You know what I think? I think he's not going nuts. Just by going by what the fellow Asgardian said, it's probably Loki that made Thor look like he's talking to himself. The guy did say that Loki was changing reality, even as they spoke.

I though at first that the guy was really there, but just made himself look like he's not; but then when Thor told the waiter that he really was talking to someone there, I scraped that idea.

mutantfreak

I didn't read this issue yet, but from the description of issue two I think that Thor is the one who is leaking info to the media. It seems that Thor will get dismissed from the team and his personality would make him tell all the dirty that goes on in SHIELD.

mutantfreak said:
I didn't read this issue yet, but from the description of issue two I think that Thor is the one who is leaking info to the media. It seems that Thor will get dismissed from the team and his personality would make him tell all the dirty that goes on in SHIELD.

Thor won't be dismissed from the team. In the first issue, it was stated on Larry King Live (when he was talking to Tony), that Thor quit the team.

Hmm... I haven't gotten this issue yet, either, but I am most interested in what Pym and Banner are up to. Thor's un-interesting to me because I can tell that Millar is playing it up to be something it's not... Anyway, what about these super hero ideas? What kinda thing was going on with that?

mutantfreak said:

best not to make a theory when any one of us has read it already.. I dont think that Thor is the one doing the leaking at all.. his Voluminous Asgardian friend made a point that the Ultimates were going to be turning against Thor thanks to the work of Loki.. my thought is that Loki is the one leaking the information out to give people the impression that Thor is like you assumed.. Thor being the one who had the information and the one who has shown himself to be the most outspokenly opposed to the team and what it seems to be standing for since this humanitrian mission Cap made into Iraq..

Pym and Banner have an eerie kind of doing-something-naughty-behind-the-team's-back kind of thing going. They haven't done anything wrong but you can just see it moving that way.

Pym is off the team but he didn't run away. He's separated from Janet and he wants back on the team, even going so far as to make himself into a new hero as seen in ish #1.

TheApostle said:
best not to make a theory when any one of us has read it already.. I dont think that Thor is the one doing the leaking at all.. his Voluminous Asgardian friend made a point that the Ultimates were going to be turning against Thor thanks to the work of Loki.. my thought is that Loki is the one leaking the information out to give people the impression that Thor is like you assumed.. Thor being the one who had the information and the one who has shown himself to be the most outspokenly opposed to the team and what it seems to be standing for since this humanitrian mission Cap made into Iraq..

I knew that it would have reprecussions! The trip to Iraq is starting conflict among the team... I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

The thing is that Pym is asking Fury is he can bring him back into the team as Ant-Man, with a whole new profile, background, the works.

Latest posts

Back