Ultimates 2 #11 delayed even further - now scheduled for 5/24/06

Ice said:
One cover won't make someone give a delay to the book. Especially a delay like this.

Again, I assume its because Ultimates 2 is now 13 issues, so things might have been changed from 11 and 12 so it all fits right going from #11-#13. Honestly, and seriously, it's the best explanation one can come up with.

I agree. Seems to make the most sense. Or it could be that they didn't really have to change anything in #11, but in #12. Therefore, #12 will be delayed, and they're merely delaying #11 so there isn't a huge gap between the two. Of course, that explanation is a bit overly complex in relation to Ice's...so I'll stick with his explanation.

well, this is pretty awful. E is right in regards to letting the other books catch up though. in the year or so we'll see before seeing issue 13, the writers of FF, X-men, and SM can all plan out how to seamlessly put in the issues involving the war into their current continuities. In fact, they can plan out how to solve all continuity problems.

Hell, the can probably cure the common cold in the interim.

Also, I seriously think they should put a gun to Hitch's head. And to make sure he believes their ploy, they should shoot his dog, just to show him they're serious.

iceman said:
Also, I seriously think they should put a gun to Hitch's head. And to make sure he believes their ploy, they should shoot his dog, just to show him they're serious.

Actually, I tried that approach. But after I killed his dog, Hitch had to attend a "pet funeral" and spend some time alone grieving...hence the future delays we'll be seeing for the last two issues.

Okay, I'm going to be the first one to predict the long term future of the Ultimates.

Issue twelve will come out in October and will be widely disputed as advocating certain political agendas in an effort to affect the November elections. This wild controversy will boost to record levels and Millar and Hitch will be signed to five to ten year contracts with marvel.

Issue thirteen will not come out until January '07 and even then only after the pages are stolen from the residences of Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch. I will have an air tight aliby, yet be one of the first to procure the pirated issue. Marvel will release the last issue two weeks later to modest sales.

All 14 issues Ultimates V3 will be released over the course of 5 months. Ultimates V3 will be given excellent reviews and the creator are appluaded for their speed and quality of writing. When questioned about their creative method Loeb and Madureira will simply say they had plenty of time to work on Ultimates V3 while V2 was being finished, frequent communications with each other, and working an eight hour day occasionally.

Shortly after, a scandal will arise from Ultimates V2 revealing the true reason for the delay of V2. E-mails and the personal accounts of friends will reveal, for the duration of V2, Millar and Hitch struggled with herion adiction and an on-again-off-again romance each other. This will raise new questions about possible homosexual undertones of the Ultimates comic. The Ultimates title will be discontinued within 9 months after sales take a sharp drop. Millar and Hitch will forgo their lucrative contracts and retire from the comicbook world and move to Massachusetts.

I'm predicting there deepseeded homosexuality because only gay men and straight women can be such huge teases as this pair, and because straight men hate to be called gay, and if they piss me off, I'm going to find a way to piss them off.

MaxwellSmart said:
Okay, I'm going to be the first one to predict the long term future of the Ultimates.

Issue twelve will come out in October and will be widely disputed as advocating certain political agendas in an effort to affect the November elections. This wild controversy will boost to record levels and Millar and Hitch will be signed to five to ten year contracts with marvel.

Issue thirteen will not come out until January '07 and even then only after the pages are stolen from the residences of Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch. I will have an air tight aliby, yet be one of the first to procure the pirated issue. Marvel will release the last issue two weeks later to modest sales.

All 14 issues Ultimates V3 will be released over the course of 5 months. Ultimates V3 will be given excellent reviews and the creator are appluaded for their speed and quality of writing. When questioned about their creative method Loeb and Madureira will simply say they had plenty of time to work on Ultimates V3 while V2 was being finished, frequent communications with each other, and working an eight hour day occasionally.

Shortly after, a scandal will arise from Ultimates V2 revealing the true reason for the delay of V2. E-mails and the personal accounts of friends will reveal, for the duration of V2, Millar and Hitch struggled with herion adiction and an on-again-off-again romance each other. This will raise new questions about possible homosexual undertones of the Ultimates comic. The Ultimates title will be discontinued within 9 months after sales take a sharp drop. Millar and Hitch will forgo their lucrative contracts and retire from the comicbook world and move to Massachusetts.

I'm predicting there deepseeded homosexuality because only gay men and straight women can be such huge teases as this pair, and because straight men hate to be called gay, and if they piss me off, I'm going to find a way to piss them off.

I can live with that.

I just checked Diamond's shipping archive and I realized Ultimates V2 #1 shipped December 1st, 2004. That means if Ultimates V2 #11 ships on 5/24/06 it will have taken 539 days to ship eleven issues with an average gap between issues of 54 days. That bothers me.

MaxwellSmart said:
I just checked Diamond's shipping archive and I realized Ultimates V2 #1 shipped December 1st, 2004. That means if Ultimates V2 #11 ships on 5/24/06 it will have taken 539 days to ship eleven issues with an average gap between issues of 54 days. That bothers me.

It shouldn't. We're talking about one of the greatest comic book stories ever. Are you gonna be sitting with it 10 years ago discussing it with someone and thinking. The delays still piss me off.

MaxwellSmart said:

I wouldn't say it bothers me. Just annoys. As long as the issues are released and the story is quality like they've been putting out---I'm cool with it.

I do feel sorry for those who don't read it and are tradewaiters.

MaxwellSmart said:

Not me. The only interest I have in Ultimates 2 is morbid curiosity. I've stopped caring about it anymore. :(

I have a patented method of dealing with delays. I think of the issues as a series of movies. I don't think, why isn't the issue out already? I think, that'll should be good when it comes out. The problem is when I remember what really happen is it took two guys 54 days to write and draw a 24 page comic.

In summary, I saying the delays annoy me for the fact that they're unnecassary. I still enjoy the series because I've accepted it as one which is released very slowly.

Latest posts

Back