Ultimates 2 #12, cover and solicitation revealed on Joe Friday's

MoS

The covers in on Newsarama, here

The solicit:

ULTIMATES 2 #12
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH
GRAND THEFT AMERICA
This is it! The double-sized finale! America strikes back against the Liberators, as ace artist Bryan Hitch draws every single super hero in the Ultimate Universe in combat to free the United States! Plus: the true fate of Thor, the return of the Defenders, and every major plotline from the Ultimates (since its inception) comes together at last. If ever there was a big one you should not miss...Ultimates 2 #12 is it! If you do but one thing with your life: read this comic! And don't forget -this cataclysmic story leads straight into Ultimates 3 #1, coming soon!
Part 6 (of 6). 48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Gah. Just what I did NOT want to see, a mega crossover. Oh, well....

Re: Ultimates V2 #12, cover and solicit

:shock:

I need new boxers and jeans.

*Goes to store*

*Yes, with just a shirt and nothing else. Well, socks and shoes, too*

Nice. So we'll see for sure at least a cameo of the other superheroes. Can't wait.

The only one I'm suspicious about is Hulk ; He's on the cover but if he's in the story, how does that fit with what we're seeing in Hulk VS Wolverine?

I love it, and its just the way to deal with a huge takeover. I am CERTAIN that the focus will remain on the Ultimates, and that all the other heroes will be fighting in the background (with a quote here or there), but this is supposed to be 48 pages, or something, and it will be huge and GLORIOUS. I am 1000% sure that this will be one of the most fun comics I will ever read.

AND GOD I LOVE THAT COVER!!!!!!!!!

it is my wallpaper.

Absolutely loving the cover except for Spidey. Can't wait for the issue. Hopefully they'll be much destruction and incredible shots.

Ultxon said:
Absolutely loving the cover except for Spidey. Can't wait for the issue. Hopefully they'll be much destruction and incredible shots.

Why not Spidey?

Man, this is awsome!

ULTMTSV2012CovCMYKpreviewcopy.jpg

Last edited:

So if the entire Ultimate Universe is behind... and Wolverine Vs. Hulk happens before or during the current Deadpool arc, I guess it will make sense with Hulk returning. The only thing I don't like about this mess is that continuity is going to get continually worse because we're gonna have these stories that take place "before" something that's already out.

The poor Defenders didn't get a cover cameo! Unless they are in this issue to be Northstar/Alpha Flight whatever fodder....

Also missings - Black Widow (yeah, okay), Hank Pym, Nick Fury

#11 is supposed to be 38 pages (last I head) and #12 is 48 pages - so we have titanic fight scene AND resolution of every plot thread ever?

Look at the bottom half of Spidey, it looks awful to me. It seems that Hitch has just been unable to draw Spidey.

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

I CAN'T WAIT! This is going to be the best issue of any Ultimate comic. EVER. I can feel it. And that cover kicks major *** (though I did notice that Hitch's artwork loses some of its fine details when he draws that many characters).
the watcher said:
Why not Spidey?
He's positioned kind of strangely. I think when Hitch draws Spider-Man he ends up suffering from that "too realistic" problem that's been talked about before. The more realistic Spidey is drawn, the stranger looking his body positions will look. I've seen that in Hitch's other Spidey drawings.

Ultxon said:
Look at the bottom half of Spidey, it looks awful to me. It seems that Hitch has just been unable to draw Spidey.
He had the same problem with the Civil War cover for AMZ Spider-Man. He draws his legs at such a weird angle, it's just "WTF?!".

Wow!!!! It's not even the end of the 3rd month and based on the monumental events in this arc--it looks like we have a STRONG front runner for cover of the year. :shock:

Bee-yooo-tee-ful cover.

Hulk - interesting. Wonder what that means for Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk, because it sure seemed implied that Hulk isn't heard from (at least publically) after the bomb goes off to when Wolverine finds him in Tibet.

As for Spider-Man - when I see that I see the same thing as when Hitch drew him early in vol. 1 of Ultimates - he looks bulkier and older than when Bagley draws him; like he's more muscular than a 15 year old kid should be, even with super powers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Where's Daredevil?

He's off crying cause Ultimate Elektra left him!!! :(

So is it me, or did Hitch draw the Spider-Man so that you can see his toes outlined in the costume????

Latest posts

Back