Ultimates 2 #3 Speculations

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
This issue I believe is going to be big. It's probably gonna be where most of the action picks up. Though, I don't feel as if actions really the appropriate word...

Here's some thoughts

First I wanna know where all the "Solicitations say Daredevil is going to appear" is coming from. So far I've only seen the name Matt Murdock which is cool with me. I would however like to see Daredevil in action at the beginning and haveing a visitor interrupt his justice dealing and say something like "Matthew Murdock, we need your help"... you know something corny like that I think it'd be sweet.

Second I'm thinking it'd be a really cool idea if Loki is never ever physically seen. If he's going to be the shadiest character there is he should be all Sauron like you know (only not as powerful). I think the way he's working right now is fine and perfect. It'll also keep people questioning just how sane Thor is.

With that said do you think another villain is going to be brought in soon for a some real physical action. Right now it all seems like conspiracy.

Third I don't know if I'm all sure The Incredible Hulk will be making an appearance. I'm going to bring out the age old argument of not judging a book by it's cover and say the cover artwork is just for show. He's not actually going to be like at the trial. I will probably be voting for this cover too when it comes to the ultimate cover of the month poll. I think it's sweet

Last edited:
I think Thor will attack the court house and take Banner, turning him into the Hulk and Hank joins them because he doesn't want to leave his friends behind... Now, there you have your Defenders!

I was the one who started this Thor rescuing Banner idea... And now everyone's using it! Yippee! No, I think Thor will fight the Ultimates giving time for Hulk to escape, and Hank gets scared so he joins the Defenders.

Why would Thor end up fighting the ultimaes now?? Didn't you read issue #2 he is totally playing the pacifist... And still I don't see where Thor is going to find sympathy for Banner. You're still forgetting about their first encounter when Banner was spazing out on Thor... Thor coming in and just starting a fight makes no sense at all...

I had been saying it in many threads before the problem. Whethter Thor rescues him or attacks Banner here is my theory. Thor believes Loki has took control over Banner and attempts to fight him. Everything goes wrong with the Ultimates thinking Thor's gone mad so they attempt to stop him. In the chaos Hulk escapes...

And Thor is going to fight the Ultimates... Whether he wants to or not...

But if he thought Loki had control of Banner he would be mad because Loki doesn't if he did there would've been a hint of it during Xaviers session... It still doesn't make sense because Thor is being the good guy he's not causing any trouble the ultimates just think he is...

TheManWithoutFear said:
But if he thought Loki had control of Banner he would be mad because Loki doesn't if he did there would've been a hint of it during Xaviers session... It still doesn't make sense because Thor is being the good guy he's not causing any trouble the ultimates just think he is...
Exactly.

I'm thinkin with Prof. X, in the 2nd issue, maybe hes going to mind wipe the public, or pretend to kill Banner, like they did with Magneto (its a thought!!!!! not definate, why else would Prof X come in, cause there wasn't much of a point, except to see if he would change back to the hulk)
Just a thought

Shihad said:
I'm thinkin with Prof. X, in the 2nd issue, maybe hes going to mind wipe the public, or pretend to kill Banner, like they did with Magneto (its a thought!!!!! not definate, why else would Prof X come in, cause there wasn't much of a point, except to see if he would change back to the hulk)
Just a thought
MIND WIPE THE PUBLIC?! THAT CAN KILL HIM! It takes a lot for him to mind wipe even a big crowd, let alone with the public.

i know, but i don't want banner to die!!!! If Thor broke him out of Shield, he would become a criminal!!!

If he can be killed at all!!!!, but hes not exactly, gona be allowed to go another rampage, to help the team like in the Alien invasion is he, so realisticly he can't be used, excpet for escaping, then Ultimates stopping him putting back into prison, that story is gona get old, or killing him.
Do u agree, maybe do u have some ideas on what gona happen to him?

The Thor busting Hulk out stuff is ludicrous. He's the UU's biggest pacifist, first of all. Secondly, he sees the plot that Loki is trying to lay, even though he's trying to counteract it himself. Any kind of offensive action, given his legal status (essentially an illegal alien) would make him public enemy #1 on the same level as Osama bin Laden, and allow the Ultimates to hunt him down, and therefore fulfilling the trap that he sees Loki trying to lay. Thor's far too smart for that. I'm ninety-nine percent certain we'll be seeing Loki, because I'm almost certain Millar made a comment in one of his interviews regarding Hitch's interpretation of the character.

jtg3885 said:
The Thor busting Hulk out stuff is ludicrous. He's the UU's biggest pacifist, first of all. Secondly, he sees the plot that Loki is trying to lay, even though he's trying to counteract it himself. Any kind of offensive action, given his legal status (essentially an illegal alien) would make him public enemy #1 on the same level as Osama bin Laden, and allow the Ultimates to hunt him down, and therefore fulfilling the trap that he sees Loki trying to lay. Thor's far too smart for that. I'm ninety-nine percent certain we'll be seeing Loki, because I'm almost certain Millar made a comment in one of his interviews regarding Hitch's interpretation of the character.

good lookin' out jtg...

Did they really say they were gonna show him? That is disappointing to me I would've loved if he kept himself hidden... then again do you think that all of the characters will be or are actually able to see him?

Shihad said:
Just a thought

Prof. X is probably done he's not gonna make another appearance in this case unless it's on the stand at the trial.

And while I'm on guest appearances :evil:
Where's my answer to the solicitation question?

There's no conclusive proof that Daredevil will appear, unless you're just thinking of Matt and the Devil as one person. I assume he'll be there in his role as a lawyer, quite possibly on the prosecution. Justice be done and all that.

And I'll upgrade from 99% to 99.999% certain that Millar mentioned Hitch's version of Loki as being awesome.

616 hulk was one of the first 616 defenders.. and I am betting that is where he will turn up (at least in the ultimate defenders version) when all of this trail nonsense is done with.. ok.. ive said my peace

Latest posts

Back