Ultimates 2 #3 Speculations

Okay, I'll agree to that one. I just think things all the way through, hence my objection to him being able to identify it as a Hulk-ing.

jtg3885 said:
Okay, I'll agree to that one. I just think things all the way through, hence my objection to him being able to identify it as a Hulk-ing.

fair enough... but we're talking about the fact everyone knows Banner is the Hulk so if Murdock is gonna think to himself something's wrong with Banner than the apple won't fall too far from the tree

Well, Murdock would certainly be smart enough to see that anxiety and what not can trigger the Hulk. He's seen what happens when the Hulk becomes the Hulk and, if he notices one little disruption in his heartrate, he'd know what it meant.

After #2 i am soo waiting for #3.
I don't think that Banner will Hulk out. Thor will do something weird maybe he'll go to court and he'll say:
"yeah Banner is innocent, it is may evil half(?) brother Loki"
I see the Ultimates PR going waaay down after that ( "you say that they got another psycho?!") :twisted:
Fury's gonna be in the background maybe he has something secret for the public.

Loki is turning people against Thor. The Hulk isn't loki, that doesn't really make sense... What would the benefit be?

Stark is uncharacteristically against Thor, thats Loki
Thor is doubting his own Godhood after the Volstagg incident, thats Loki
Top Security Files from the US Government get into the Press' hands (so people blame Thor), thats Loki

Loki isnt going to appear until he needs to. The other viable option is that Pym is pissed off, and thats who leaked the data (maybe with Loki's intervention, maybe not). First off out of annoyance with Banner getting closer to the Supersoldier theorum than he ever did, and despite turning into the Hulk, he's still close to his girlfriend. He's just a bitter guy. Fury probably knows this and that's why he personally was monitoring Pym. Pym quits, pulls together some people who want to become heroes and creates the Defenders. This could also bring in Ultron, who would outsmart Pym almost instantly. (Wouldnt it be great if it was Vision first, then renamed itself Ultron?). The Defenders are to keep Pym from being arrested by Fury, defending him.

And as for the Hulk, he'll be killed simply because we all think Millar won't do it. You think the government can't make another strong guy? Perhaps Ultimate Doc Samson and Ultimate Abomination are on the way. But I think Banner's on his way out of the UU.

TheManWithoutFear said:
after reading Hitch's interview and knowing Murdock is gonna be in this issue... I'm like sweating waiting for it to come out ...

What're you thinking? That his suit will be spraypainted on or something? Or, are you thinking that he may have a larger role than Millar is putting on?

Goodwill said:
What're you thinking? That his suit will be spraypainted on or something? Or, are you thinking that he may have a larger role than Millar is putting on?

This is the first "Matt Murdock" appearance? Correct? So instead of everyone walking away from the Ultimate DD impression they had from Blockbuster... They're gonna see alittle more of the character even if it is a little more...

What the hell guys DD doesn't appear in the Ultimate Universe that much I think it's someone of a big deal...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Loki is turning people against Thor. The Hulk isn't loki, that doesn't really make sense... What would the benefit be?

Agreed

Dr.Strangefate said:
Stark is uncharacteristically against Thor, thats Loki
Thor is doubting his own Godhood after the Volstagg incident, thats Loki
Top Security Files from the US Government get into the Press' hands (so people blame Thor), thats Loki

Agreed

Dr.Strangefate said:
And as for the Hulk, he'll be killed simply because we all think Millar won't do it. You think the government can't make another strong guy? Perhaps Ultimate Doc Samson and Ultimate Abomination are on the way. But I think Banner's on his way out of the UU.

Ah Banner/Hulk out of UU... NOOOOO!!!!

Captain....who??

i know everyone is concentrated on the hulk/thor plot, but the subplot of all these new captains is interesting....for example, captain spain, other than speaking spanish, anyone have any ideas of what kind of powers he will have? Hopefully not another cap america knock off/clone....

TheManWithoutFear said:
No Loki and Hulk are not the same it would've been hinted at with Xavier's session... something would've came up...

I agree, but I'm certain that Loki might have influenced some of the Hulk's actions during his rampage, since Loki is the god of mischief, evil and all.

Also, nothing against Matt Murdock or anything, but even if Murdock accepts Nick Fury's request to defend Bruce Banner at the trial, I think there will be some conflict between Banner and Murdock. Basically, what I'm getting at is I think Banner would like to have someone in his corner that he can truly trust, and I don't think that Murdock is that person. I mean, it would be difficult for anyone to defend an individual like the Hulk after he killed all those people without any remorse, no matter what they present as their defense.

odie1kenobi75 said:
I agree, but I'm certain that Loki might have influenced some of the Hulk's actions during his rampage, since Loki is the god of mischief, evil and all.

Loki is not responsible for all the world's evil

odie1kenobi75 said:
Also, nothing against Matt Murdock or anything, but even if Murdock accepts Nick Fury's request to defend Bruce Banner at the trial, I think there will be some conflict between Banner and Murdock. Basically, what I'm getting at is I think Banner would like to have someone in his corner that he can truly trust, and I don't think that Murdock is that person. I mean, it would be difficult for anyone to defend an individual like the Hulk after he killed all those people without any remorse, no matter what they present as their defense.

Do you read Daredevil??

TheManWithoutFear said:
Then please get a feel for what Murdock is all about... I don't see Murdock doing anything but being helpful to Banner...

I understand that, but my earlier comment was made in reference from Banner's point of view. He's been locked away in the Triskelion after committing two rampages through New York City, and now that his secret is exposed, everyone affected by his actions wants his head on a silver platter. The only person Banner can really confide in has been Pym, who I might add is still not in very good standing with the team after his altercations with the Wasp and Captain America. If I were in Banner's shoes, I would have a difficult time figuring out who I could really trust in helping me based on the current situation.

odie1kenobi75 said:
I understand that, but my earlier comment was made in reference from Banner's point of view. He's been locked away in the Triskelion after committing two rampages through New York City, and now that his secret is exposed, everyone affected by his actions wants his head on a silver platter. The only person Banner can really confide in has been Pym, who I might add is still not in very good standing with the team after his altercations with the Wasp and Captain America. If I were in Banner's shoes, I would have a difficult time figuring out who I could really trust in helping me based on the current situation.

Well if that's the way Banner is gonna think he might as well give up and not trust anyone... I don't think Banner is going to get worked up over this trial... although I could be wrong but some reason I picture him sitting there taking the beating until maybe the end of it...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well if that's the way Banner is gonna think he might as well give up and not trust anyone... I don't think Banner is going to get worked up over this trial... although I could be wrong but some reason I picture him sitting there taking the beating until maybe the end of it...

It would be easy for anyone to take a beating if said individual is pumped with the same drugs Banner receives to keep him in check. These drugs could have adverse side effects such as paranoia or depression. Like you said, this would allow him to just sit there and take a beating until his medication wears off.

Latest posts

Back