Ultimates 2 #9 delayed 1 week to 11/16/05

MoS

Ultimates 2 #9 has been delayed 1 week, from 11/09 to 11/16/05.

It's only a week. It's only a week.

Thanks for posting, Rhyo.

The delays started about an issue sooner than I thought they would. :(

I'd mind it a lot less if we weren't already bi-monthly. Ah well, just one week.

And, so far, when the book has been delayed, they've been honest about when it was actually coming out. There were a couple of issues of New Avengers where the week before it was due they pushed it back another week - I think they did that 3 or 4 weeks straight with one issue.

For the curious (like me). Note that these are initial ORDERS only and don't include reorders or reprintings:

Dec 04 Ultimates 2 #1 - 146,271 copies
Jan 05 Ultimates 2 #2 - 114,963 "
Feb 05 Ultimates 2 #3 - 108,378 "
Mar 05 Ultimates 2 #4 - 105,255 "
Apr 05 Ultimates 2 #5 - 104,971 "
May 05 Ultimates 2 #6 - 102,026 "
Jun 05 n/a
Jul 05 Ultimates 2 #7 - 99,134 "
Aug 05 Ultimates Annual - 82,690 "
Sep 05 Ultimates 2 #8 - 96,750 "

Estimated schedule:
Nov Ultimates 2 #9
Jan Ultimates 2 #10

March and May for #11 and #12?

If so, that would be 17 months for 13 issues (including the Annual) and hence not bad at all. Look at it that way.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
If so, that would be 17 months for 13 issues (including the Annual) and hence not bad at all. Look at it that way.

I agree, as I do with your other post comparing it to New Avengers - problem is that the first Ultimates had the same problems. The delays got worse and worse, just like NA. I'm glad it's only a week, but I am fully expecting it to snowball for future issues - maybe even for #9 too.

UltimateE said:
I agree, as I do with your other post comparing it to New Avengers - problem is that the first Ultimates had the same problems. The delays got worse and worse, just like NA. I'm glad it's only a week, but I am fully expecting it to snowball for future issues - maybe even for #9 too.

No, what's really sad is 5 issues were finished when Ultimates 2 #1 came out. These delays shouldn't be happeneing. Period.

Lynx said:
No, what's really sad is 5 issues were finished when Ultimates 2 #1 came out. These delays shouldn't be happeneing. Period.

Yeah, but we also know that Hitch fiddles with "finished" books until they take them away from him.

In spite, Bass, I'm not going to allow you invoking Godwin's Law to derail this complaint fest.

I want my issue #9, and I want it EARLY!

Heard at the showing of Wallace and Grommet last night:
"Mommy, why did those people talk funny?"
"Well, they're British and they don't speak real English over there."
Arrrgggh.

I've run out of ways to complain about delays, so...

e1e1s7.jpg

I agree with Bass, this is approximately as bad as World War One to the power World War 2. Or the other way roundm whichever is bigger. It was gonna come out over here on my Birthday...and when myself and Bass can read it in the car listening to Starship Troopers. Now I'll have to read it in my filth encrusted room at halls. As if these guys weren't already on my 'To Punch' list

I have yet to see this, "to punch" list and I would like to as I want to start up my own one. Sounds like the thing one needs.

Bass said:
I have yet to see this, "to punch" list and I would like to as I want to start up my own one. Sounds like the thing one needs.
I have 616 Fury and Captain America on my list.

Oh wait, you guys meant real people?

Than I have 616 Fury and Captain America on my list.

Bass said:
This is exactly how Nazi Germany started.
You're forgetting the upside of this: Ultimates 2 and All Star Superman on the same day.:D

Latest posts

Back