Ultimates 2, Volume 1: Gods & Monsters

My copy hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

I'm not getting the trade since I have the comics. Instead, I'll wait for the U2 HC collecting all 12 issues.

Hey, here's a little something to look at....

Flipped back to my U2 #1 today, wanted to read it again. Remember the scene where he is talking to the other Asgard guy? well, doesnt this kinda prove he isnt crazy??? also, even better, look in the background...LOKI is right there!

Ultimates said:
Hey, here's a little something to look at....

Flipped back to my U2 #1 today, wanted to read it again. Remember the scene where he is talking to the other Asgard guy? well, doesnt this kinda prove he isnt crazy??? also, even better, look in the background...LOKI is right there!

Loki's everywhere. :shock:

Ultimates said:
Flipped back to my U2 #1 today, wanted to read it again. Remember the scene where he is talking to the other Asgard guy? well, doesnt this kinda prove he isnt crazy???

Not following this logic...if he was crazy he's having a hallucination, if not Loki is manipulating reality to make Thor look crazy.

I got it! Hooray! Now I'm caught up to the rest of you with your Ultimates! The Defenders rock big time!

I can't stop yelling!

Bass said:
I'm not getting the trade since I have the comics. Instead, I'll wait for the U2 HC collecting all 12 issues.

You are a stronger man than I. I couldn't even hold back from getting the Must Have that collects #1-3. :(

... don't you already have the issues? I'm confused.

Oh wait, no I'm not. When the Transformers got relaunched by Dreamwave I went into my comic store, ecstatic, looking forward to get a copy. But I was unprepared. For there was both an Autobot and a Decepticon cover for the first issue. So I picked up both, but then the store owner showed me a shiny variant of Megatron and Prime kicking the crap out of each other. So I had to buy it. Then he showed me an ultra-rare issue that was like, 20 quid, of Devastator and Superion. I couldn't justify spending 20 quid on a comic I own three times, so I left, disappointed that I only had 3 copies of #1.

I am a weak-willed man, at times.

It all had a happy ending though. I have the variant cover as a high-res picture on my harddrive, so I can have it as my desktop whenever I want. *snaps fingers*

Bass said:
... don't you already have the issues? I'm confused.

Oh wait, no I'm not. When the Transformers got relaunched by Dreamwave I went into my comic store, ecstatic, looking forward to get a copy. But I was unprepared. For there was both an Autobot and a Decepticon cover for the first issue. So I picked up both, but then the store owner showed me a shiny variant of Megatron and Prime kicking the crap out of each other. So I had to buy it. Then he showed me an ultra-rare issue that was like, 20 quid, of Devastator and Superion. I couldn't justify spending 20 quid on a comic I own three times, so I left, disappointed that I only had 3 copies of #1.

I am a weak-willed man, at times.

It all had a happy ending though. I have the variant cover as a high-res picture on my harddrive, so I can have it as my desktop whenever I want. *snaps fingers*

Ah, so you know my pain.

I'm pretty good about variants, usually. I'll pick up anything not out of my price range that is Ultimate related, and I have all NA covers so far that feature Sentry because he's one of my favorite characters. But other than that I have pretty good self control.

It's the darn collections that get me. Like I said, I have all of the Ultimates 2 issues, I got the 1-3 Must Have, and the TPB of 1-6. I also have all issues and both TPBs for Ultimates (1), but was able to practice enough self-restraint to not get the HC.

I reread this last night... it's so good. I miss quality Ultimate Universe comics like this. The Ultimates just had a brilliant feel to it that the other titles lacked... it makes me sad we won't see this anymore.

I reread it yesterday along with Ultimate Galactus trilogy. I want to love the Ultimate Universe but they're making it so hard now.

The thing I like most about this is that they fixed the typo in which Cap says, "Don't even thing about it, buster!"

I don't know why, but that typo in particular REALLY bothers me.

And oh my god, did Ultimates 2, Vol 1 really get collected into trade TWO YEARS AGO?!

The thing I like most about this is that they fixed the typo in which Cap says, "Don't even thing about it, buster!"

I don't know why, but that typo in particular REALLY bothers me.

And oh my god, did Ultimates 2, Vol 1 really get collected into trade TWO YEARS AGO?!

They should have fixed the typo that says: "The Hulk Trail."

Latest posts

Back