Ultimates Annual #2 buzz with artist

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
The Ultimates #2 Annual artist Mike Deodato gives some comments about Cap and the Annual at Newsarama from Motor City Con 06:

Brazilian artist Mike Deodato, who is in the United States with fellow penciler Will Conrad and colorist Cris De Lara for a month and a half of convention visits, is finishing up his last issue of New Avengers with issue #20 and beginning work on Ultimates Annual #2 written by Charlie Huston.

"Captain America and The Falcon are going after a villain that they don't know who is it," the artist said. "They are trying to find out. The United States has suffered an attack, and it's like a Mad Max kind of story with motorcycles and everything."

He has enjoyed drawing both New Avengers and the Ultimates Annual because Captain America is one of his favorite characters and has been since childhood, although he admits the Ultimate version of his costume is not one he particularly likes. "The helmet is ugly. I hate it. I grew up with the regular one. The beautiful one. I like the wings too."

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw his picture in Newsarama today for the first time. Wow. Did not expect him to look like that. I had figured he'd be like well into his 20's with black hair.

Still, awesome artist and I'm glad he's doing something in the UU.

Ice said:
I saw his picture in Newsarama today for the first time. Wow. Did not expect him to look like that. I had figured he'd be like well into his 20's with black hair.
Well, he has (some) black hair and judging by the photo, he's VERY well into his 20's.

Latest posts

Back