Ultimates has made me realize...

MaxwellSmart

This thread was inspired by Zak Penn's recent comments about the Ultimates. He said, "I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy."

The idea is pretty simple. Complete the phrase "Ultimates has made me realize..."

I'll start it off. Ultimates has made me realize that WWII vets can still steal your woman out from under you.

.....that Freddie Prince Jr steals all the ladies.

.....that you might have too much time on your hands if you can come up with something like Bass's Loki manifesto.

.....fingernails can be skin-breaking projectiles too.

Last edited:
...that the Germans are evil and work with aliens,
...if used correctly a fork makes an excellent projectile weapon,
...that hulk will in fact do to naked guy, what naked guy was doing to Betty Ross...

The Ultimates made me realize that comics are awesome.

The Ultimates has made me realize that in a pinch, the cutlery droor is a full-fledged arsenal.

The Ultimates has made me realize that as long as your dying, alchoholism is A-Okay.

The Ultimates has made me realize that former World War II super-soldiers could provide a viable new demographic for non-stop Matlock reruns.

The Ultimates has made me realize that people don't kill people. . .flying fingernails do.

The Ultimates made me realize that there are a handfull of ways to possibly stop Hulk's rampage......but one sure-fire way is a nice rack.

The Ultimates made me realize that despite what I have been told since '98....it is ok to have a goatee in uniform. :roll:

The Ultimates made me realize that a giant naked man in public is actually pretty common.

The Ultimates has made me realize that "The Man" is not an old white man, but a younger black man.

The Ultimates has made me realize that eye patches aren't just for pirates anymore.

MaxwellSmart said:
This thread was inspired by Zak Penn's recent comments about the Ultimates. He said, "I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy."

The idea is pretty simple. Complete the phrase "Ultimates has made me realize..."

I'll start it off. Ultimates has made me realize that WWII vets can still steal your woman out from under you.

Actually, what that quote made ME realize is that I would rather have a writer who had a little more respect for comics in general....

Ice said:
What do you mean?

I think she meant that she would rather have a writer that doesn't categorize comics as silly short stories that involve people in cheesy costumes in goofy adventures like saving the world from giant space monsters in purple pants who eat planets.

I too would rather have a writer who has more respect for the genre.

At least I think that's what she meant.........more or less. :?

Victor Von Doom said:
I think she meant that she would rather have a writer that doesn't categorize comics as silly short stories that involve people in cheesy costumes in goofy adventures like saving the world from giant space monsters in purple pants who eat planets.

I too would rather have a writer who has more respect for the genre.

At least I think that's what she meant.........more or less. :?
That's a good point, but I don't see that as a comic in general based opinion.

Latest posts

Back