Underdog

the watcher

It's that time again! When Hollywood goes back in time and takes an old cartoon and makes it a live-action movie. I hear a rumor about this movie, I'd say maybe four years ago. The rumor said it was going to be a live-action movie, which sucks. Because, I liked this cartoon and pretty much just about every cartoon they made into a live-action movie sucked big time. I hope it doesn't suck at lease.

Underdog

Release Date: August 3, 2007
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Frederik Du Chau
Screenwriter: Joe Piscatella, Craig A. Williams
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: A live-action bigscreen version of "Underdog". The film will use a CGI-enhanced live dog to portray the eponymous hero, a talking canine with super powers.

Trailer:
Coming Soon!

I'm calling bull**** on this one. Underdog was good back in the day, but a CGI live action one? Bull****.

Source: Variety March 31, 2006

Peter Dinklage has signed on to play the bad guy in Walt Disney Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment's Underdog, reports Variety. The live-action version of the popular kids cartoon starts shooting April 10 in Rhode Island under the direction of Frederik Du Chau.

Dinklage will portray Simon Barsinister, an evil scientist who once created a Big Dipper Machine in an effort to steal the world's water supply.

Spyglass' Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and Jonathan Glickman are producing along with Jay Polstein. Eric Ellenbogen and Bob Higgins executive produce.

Dinklage is onscreen now in "Find Me Guilty." He recently wrapped "Penelope" alongside Christina Ricci and Reese Witherspoon as well as "3/5 of a Man" alongside Anthony Mackie and Ving Rhames. He also filmed the CBS pilot Ultra.
ooooo, I felt a cold shiver reporting this

I had totally forgot about the Ultra TV series.

the watcher said:
It's that time again! When Hollywood goes back in time and takes an old cartoon and makes it a live-action movie. I hear a rumor about this movie, I'd say maybe four years ago. The rumor said it was going to be a live-action movie, which sucks. Because, I liked this cartoon and pretty much just about every cartoon they made into a live-action movie sucked big time. I hope it doesn't suck at lease.

Underdog

Release Date: August 3, 2007
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Frederik Du Chau
Screenwriter: Joe Piscatella, Craig A. Williams
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: A live-action bigscreen version of "Underdog". The film will use a CGI-enhanced live dog to portray the eponymous hero, a talking canine with super powers.

Trailer:
Coming Soon!
LAME.

"There's no need to fear. Underdog is here." A CGI dog? BOOOOO! Jeez, Hollywood is blowin' it this time. I liked this cartoon too.

Christina Ricci's hot....

Hey. At least it's better than when they were going to use real dogs for this movie. Seriously.

But I'm sure the kids will enjoy it, and that's what it's all about, right?

While it actually looks kind of cute, I'm going to go with my original assessment. . .

This is five kinds of fail.

I mean, what's next? Hong Kong Fooey?

Actually they did have plans for that.

Latest posts

Back