UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #11 delayed again - to 6/14/06

Re: Ultimates 2 #11 delayed again - to 6/7/06

God didn't take that long to create the world!!! He didn't delayed any day.
Hell, Alex Ross could have done it by now. It's no joke!

who the hell is coloring this damn thing?

edit: or does millar have a problem if fury has a green jacket with a blood stain instead of a DARK green jacket with a blood stain on the left side not the right.

Last edited:

a fan said:
what could brain hitch be doing that is taking so much time to finish an issue of a comic?:x

Every time this happens I think of something else along the same lines - how is this man eating? He's not doing any other comics - if the book is not coming out, how is he getting paid?

E said:
Every time this happens I think of something else along the same lines - how is this man eating? He's not doing any other comics - if the book is not coming out, how is he getting paid?
As long as the book will come out, it doesn't matter. I doubt they have specific rules as to when they should have books done in his contracts, so either way, he still gets his money.

At this point, I think Brian Hitch needs to be afraid about what Ultimates fans might do to him should he attend a comic book convention. Were a peaceful, yet easily agitated group, so the worst that might happen is probably getting a Mr. Pibb thrown at him.

I can't think about that prospect without a smiling.:D

A riot at a comic book convention. That would totally gain us some street cred, as a group.

Ice said:
As long as the book will come out, it doesn't matter. I doubt they have specific rules as to when they should have books done in his contracts, so either way, he still gets his money.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that most of the money he makes is off royalties. He might have signed a contract, but he's not making any royalties until the book is out.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get in the man's business, I just don't understand how he's doing it with no income.

I'm sure he is not contractually bound to have something done by a given date, but I'm sure they aren't paying him if he's not handing work in.

E said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that most of the money he makes is off royalties. He might have signed a contract, but he's not making any royalties until the book is out.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get in the man's business, I just don't understand how he's doing it with no income.

I'm sure he is not contractually bound to have something done by a given date, but I'm sure they aren't paying him if he's not handing work in.

Actually, I believe there usually are deadlines when you sign a contract for books. When it comes to the book publishing industry, the publishing company usually signs you for a certain number of books (usually with certain stipulations, either in the content or size of the book) and gives you a deadline to complete the contract. I'm not sure if it's different in the comic industry, but I'd guess there are similar regulations in the contracts.

E said:

Well you have to get something from a contract. It can't just be by royalties because what happens when a book doesn't sell?

Far as I know, royalties are like bonuses. Little extra cash.

Ice said:
Well you have to get something from a contract. It can't just be by royalties because what happens when a book doesn't sell?

Far as I know, royalties are like bonuses. Little extra cash.

Right - what I was saying is that yes, he might get some money up front, but that's what it is - up front. The royalties keep coming him and help him keep earning. That up front money only lasts so long though, that's why they have royalties. I don't know what the ratio of the contract is, but my only point is that I can't believe that the up front money is enough; I'm sure he makes a lot more once the book is out and people are paying for it.

Sync - you're right but Marvel under Joe Quesada has proen very forgiving to writers and artists as far as missing deadlines, so it's a little bit of a different situation.

E said:
Right - what I was saying is that yes, he might get some money up front, but that's what it is - up front. The royalties keep coming him and help him keep earning. That up front money only lasts so long though, that's why they have royalties. I don't know what the ratio of the contract is, but my only point is that I can't believe that the up front money is enough; I'm sure he makes a lot more once the book is out and people are paying for it.

Sync - you're right but Marvel under Joe Quesada has proen very forgiving to writers and artists as far as missing deadlines, so it's a little bit of a different situation.
Well you have to remember that with contracts, it's not just upfront money. You get paid no matter what until your contract expires.

Ice said:
Well you have to remember that with contracts, it's not just upfront money. You get paid no matter what until your contract expires.

It would be cool if we could get a creator to come in here and verify how it works, because I'm under the assumption that the "payments" are the royalties from book sales. Because otherwise they are paying him for nothing - not to sbe a jerk, but he's not turning in work. I can't imagine he's drawing a salary for essentially not working.

E said:
It would be cool if we could get a creator to come in here and verify how it works, because I'm under the assumption that the "payments" are the royalties from book sales. Because otherwise they are paying him for nothing - not to sbe a jerk, but he's not turning in work. I can't imagine he's drawing a salary for essentially not working.
Well, he is still turning in work. VERY late, but it still comes in. Also, distraction comes when he gets pulled to do variants for Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other comics. Marvel should just leave Hitch to do Ultimates and not bother him to draw anything else. If he's still working on that project that he was going to have a one year head start, that can stop for now.

No matter how the payments work, Hitch has spent a lot of his time essentially doing Ultimates and nothing else and I think he gets paid the same whether he finishes it in a year or in two. If he'd done it on time, he'd be doing something else now and earning more money, but instead he's still stuck with Ultimates.

I think that's the point E was making and it doesn't matter whether he gets the money up front or after the release.

Last edited:

I'm telling you. If Bryan Hitch shows his face at a comic book convention, he's getting a Mr. Pibb in his lap.

Latest posts

Back