USM vs UF4: Continuity questions

I've recently started reading my way through the Ultimate Universe via the Hardcovers. Just finished USM 3 (the one with the Venom arc), and what I've found is a whole bunch of references to Reed Richards (including him being mentioned on the 10 year old video of Peters parents, plus a wing of the University named after him).

Is there an answer later on to explain this? I've also read the first two UF4 books, and I get the impression that Reed and the UF4 are only supposed to be a bit older than USM, so it seems odd that Reed is mentioned by Peters father when he would have been like 10 years old.

I've recently started reading my way through the Ultimate Universe via the Hardcovers. Just finished USM 3 (the one with the Venom arc), and what I've found is a whole bunch of references to Reed Richards (including him being mentioned on the 10 year old video of Peters parents, plus a wing of the University named after him).

Is there an answer later on to explain this? I've also read the first two UF4 books, and I get the impression that Reed and the UF4 are only supposed to be a bit older than USM, so it seems odd that Reed is mentioned by Peters father when he would have been like 10 years old.
The answer is Bendis hates continuity. He likes to kick it in the nads whenever he can. And the F4 were supposed to have already existed before their book started and they retconned that for the beginning of UFF so there are a lot of continuity problems.

Have you read UFF #21? You will find the answer when Ben punches a particular dinosaur.
:lol:

The answer is Bendis hates continuity. He likes to kick it in the nads whenever he can. And the F4 were supposed to have already existed before their book started and they retconned that for the beginning of UFF so there are a lot of continuity problems.
false! And I'm not going to explain why because it's been explained and Bendis' has been stood up for at least 10 times in regards to continuity. Pay attention.

My apologies.
Don't. I just don't understand why some people are still picking on him when A. Team-ups established continuity before other writers goofed it up and B. He's done a lot more stuff within' continuity than out of it. He's not perfect but the fingers should not be pointed at him.

Look at DIrishB's timeline most of the answers lie within.

Don't. I just don't understand why some people are still picking on him when A. Team-ups established continuity before other writers goofed it up and B. He's done a lot more stuff within' continuity than out of it. He's not perfect but the fingers should not be pointed at him.

I actually don't have a problem with Bendis. I was just talking out my ***. And I've seen the timeline. It's very cool that DiB was able to do all that.

Have you read UFF #21? You will find the answer when Ben punches a particular dinosaur.

:(

Yeah you guys shouldn't have a problem with me...Bendis! I meant Bendis.

Please...if you were Bendis, that sentence would have been so malformed it would have been practically unreadable.

:(

Please...if you were Bendis, that sentence would have been so malformed it would have been practically unreadable.
It probably would have read something like this:
Thor said:
ye u gies shhudnn ve prob w/ me...bnis! i ment bends......aasdbfooiwahngvowhbuadown0ogvhb243t2398523489awsdfajsdnkasdfjashfhhhhhhhhhh bbbbbbbbbb!!//asdv...

That was all just a clever ruse, my friends. I actually have a very extensive vocabulary but I find it extremely amusing to be funny and have perfect banter in my works.

Does anybody else think I look like Robert DeNiro and a volleyball had a baby?

Last edited:

Thanks for the plug.

;)

Its located here if you're interested.

I actually don't have a problem with Bendis. I was just talking out my ***. And I've seen the timeline. It's very cool that DiB was able to do all that.

Yeah...I rock hard.

Yeah, but the UMTU with UFF was awful. Like so awful we should just pretend it doesn't exist.

:roll: It pretty much doesn't says Bendis.

It most definitly doesn't. Well, UMTU #9, anyway. The USM Super Special scene is supposedly still in continuity.

I don't think he would go without mention if he was a kid discovering other universes on a whim. If I were a university, I'd name it after a kid, too.

Regardless of the early UFF references, I think Bendis decided to stick with the Reed Richards Science Center, even after UFF was released.

I don't think he would go without mention if he was a kid discovering other universes on a whim. If I were a university, I'd name it after a kid, too.

Good point, Goodwill.

Regardless of the early UFF references, I think Bendis decided to stick with the Reed Richards Science Center, even after UFF was released.

Definitly true. I know for certain it shows up in the USM video game.

Yeah, but the UMTU with UFF was awful. Like so awful we should just pretend it doesn't exist.

Was it really that bad? Obviously it wasn't in continuity. I thought it was a funny read and the artwork fit perfectly with the craziness of the story. I loved the Howard Stern references BAABAABOOOEEYY!

Latest posts

Back