UXM #53: Highest Selling Comic of November?

Aeroth

Last week when I went to go pick up my comics, I was confused when I saw that the latest issue of UXM my store had was #52. I asked the store owner about this and he told me, "Oh yeah, that issue's sold out. Probably because of the cover."

Yesterday, I called my store ahead of time to check out whether they got a new shipment in of the issue. They said, "Yeah, we got it today. But there's only two issues left right now." They told me that they could reserve one for me if I came in that day.

But what do you guys think? Could a cover of Gambit and Rogue kissing really be what causes a large increase in UXM sales?

Aeroth said:
Last week when I went to go pick up my comics, I was confused when I saw that the latest issue of UXM my store had was #52. I asked the store owner about this and he told me, "Oh yeah, that issue's sold out. Probably because of the cover."

Yesterday, I called my store ahead of time to check out whether they got a new shipment in of the issue. They said, "Yeah, we got it today. But there's only two issues left right now." They told me that they could reserve one for me if I came in that day.

But what do you guys think? Could a cover of Gambit and Rogue kissing really be what causes a large increase in UXM sales?

I reeeeeally doubt it. And I don't think Ult. X-Men is too high in the top 10; I doubt it has outsold everything else for the month. Wonder why he would say that...

I personally rate UXM above US-M. But I also know several of my customers who will buy US-M just because its Spidey.

In order of sales in my shops (both Britain and The Netherlands);

1 = US-M
2 = UXM
3 = UFF
4 = UN
5 = UE

When The Ultimates come out they will still only slide in at 3rd place, which is ridiculous because I ordered 200 issues for each shop and they sold out, (well apart from the issues I kept back for myself).

Ultimately the sales for The Ultimates drop and I can't understand why.

In terms of UXM I find that good story lines in 616 X-titles prompt people to buy UXM. When Astonishing came out, the sales of UXM went up and people are still riding on that wave. Most comic readers rarely judge books by their covers because tooooooo often the cover artist is different from the actual artist inside and that along with the writer is why people buy the comics.

I mean, look at the US-M covers, most of them are sh$T.

So no, I don't think sales of UXM because Gambit and Rogue were kissing.

I've heard a lot of people jump ship because they feel that the creative teams are making the titles go stale. I mean, we saw Bendis and Millar do UFF and then Ellis comes on and blows them out of the water... We need another change of current here.

Goodwill said:
I've heard a lot of people jump ship because they feel that the creative teams are making the titles go stale. I mean, we saw Bendis and Millar do UFF and then Ellis comes on and blows them out of the water... We need another change of current here.

Actually, I think we need a talent on this book with a geniune direction for it, and the commitment to stick with it long term. I think that's what UXM has been lacking since the beginning.

UltimateCharlieSheen said:
Actually, I think we need a talent on this book with a geniune direction for it, and the commitment to stick with it long term. I think that's what UXM has been lacking since the beginning.

Agreed 100% on both counts.

Latest posts

Back