Valiant Relaunch

Check out Divinity, Ivar, and Imperium. Especially Divinity.

I just bought Divinity on Comixology. I liked it, but I didn't really care Abram. Kindt's way of revealing backstory while flipping to the present was very jarring and while the ending was touching and tragic it didn't really give me any emotional impact due to how little we knew about his woman and child. Had some pretty good sci-fi elements though and the art was decent. 8/10

Actually, this comic was a good example of what's been my problem with Valiant. Some of the stories are mindblowingly good, but the characters rarely are interesting to me. Like, Eternal Warrior was awesome, but I can't even remember the dude's name because he was so forgettable.

Last edited:
I should mention that it's very difficult for me to get into a new series. If it's not a 10/10 I probably won't get attached to the character. Hell, it took me the entire first deluxe edition of Y: The Last Man for me to care about Yorick and Yorick is great.

Give Ivar, Timewalker a try. It's just plain fun. It hits all the right notes and tones for a time travel tale, borrowing elements of Dr. Who, Back to the Future, etc, but building on those established fictional time travel tropes, messing with them, and just having fun. I love that book.

Ivar is the third Anni-Padda brother (also the oldest), with Aram/Armstrong (from Archer & Armstrong) the middle brother, and Gilad, the Eternal Warrior the youngest brother.

The Book of Death mini was pretty good Gilad. ;)

Plus, he
dies at the end
and previews for the upcoming Wrath of the Eternal Warrior take a pretty sorrowful take on Gilad never being able to rest in the afterlife with his many dead children and wives from throughout the ages, always called back to life to serve the Earth as protector of the Geomancer. I admit he's not always written to his potential, but when he is he serves as the bedrock of the Valiant Universe.

Latest posts

Back