Vaughan final fight idea

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Let's talk about Vaughan leaving a mark on UXM. Let's talk about a little tragedy. I just got done reading "The Most Dangerous Game" TPB. Something interesting occured to me.

So Longshot is not at the Trisk with Magneto. Big deal, really. I mean Magneto's followers could have done with Polaris without any help from Longshot and Magneto and Polaris are locked up in the same cell so where does Longshot fall in all of this?

Picture this. All hell breaks out at the Trisk. The brotherhood, The X-Men, The Ultimates/SHIELD. All of them fighting to keep the status quo. What if Colossus is inside and he finds Longshot. He's not gonna be happy with him. What if Magneto is there for the encounter? Obviously, he's not gonna be happy with Colossus. So what if we have Longshot/Magneto squaring off against Colossus. Going with the whole theme of "life-like" deaths where underdeveloped characters die before their time. How about if Magneto uses his mutant ability (You know his ability to manipulate magnetic waves, leading to the manipulation of metal.) to end Colossus with a little backup luck from Longshot.

You can hate me or disagree with me all you want. But let's think about what's gonna be accomplished.

-It's always good to give the arch-enemy another excuse to be the arch-enemy.

-Like Gwen and Beast... It just happens that way.

-It would probably be one of the more touching aspects of the arc. Colossus would be the most tragic hero and he definitely can play the role.

Probably won't happen but I won't lie, I'd love to see it.

I'd love to see Colossus die fighting...

And as the X-Men find him, blood pouring out of his wounds, under a metal girder, he whispers: "Tell Wolverine I love him." And then dies.

Or not. :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
Let's talk about Vaughan leaving a mark on UXM. Let's talk about a little tragedy. I just got done reading "The Most Dangerous Game" TPB. Something interesting occured to me.

So Longshot is not at the Trisk with Magneto. Big deal, really. I mean Magneto's followers could have done with Polaris without any help from Longshot and Magneto and Polaris are locked up in the same cell so where does Longshot fall in all of this?

Picture this. All hell breaks out at the Trisk. The brotherhood, The X-Men, The Ultimates/SHIELD. All of them fighting to keep the status quo. What if Colossus is inside and he finds Longshot. He's not gonna be happy with him. What if Magneto is there for the encounter? Obviously, he's not gonna be happy with Colossus. So what if we have Longshot/Magneto squaring off against Colossus. Going with the whole theme of "life-like" deaths where underdeveloped characters die before their time. How about if Magneto uses his mutant ability (You know his ability to manipulate magnetic waves, leading to the manipulation of metal.) to end Colossus with a little backup luck from Longshot.

You can hate me or disagree with me all you want. But let's think about what's gonna be accomplished.

-It would probably be one of the more touching aspects of the arc. Colossus would be the most tragic hero and he definitely can play the role.

:rockon: I doubt Vaughan will let him die, but still :rockon:
Maybe he will get a permanent injury of somekind.

TheManWithoutFear said:

They won't kill, him. He's the only gay X-Man. Just Like Storm won't either, because she's the only black one. I hate to say it, but no one will risk writing anything remotely racist or homophobic or whatever, it's unfortunate, but it won't happen.

Hawkeye101 said:
They won't kill, him. He's the only gay X-Man. Just Like Storm won't either, because she's the only black one. I hate to say it, but no one will risk writing anything remotely racist or homophobic or whatever, it's unfortunate, but it won't happen.

Well, I'm just saying the fact that he is a minority makes it more tragic.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well, I'm just saying the fact that he is a minority makes it more tragic.

I agree with what you're saying, just don't think it'll happen. If anything Vaughan seems to be known more for introducing characters to the Ultimate universe as opposed to killing any off. Think about how many 616 characters have been given the Ultimate treatment under Vaughan's run. Not saying its impossible, just unlikely. I'm not sure what plans Singer has in store for the team once he comes on the title, but I suspect he'll be using a classic X-Men line-up, much like Vaughan has done and much like the X-movies. Probably because Singer is most familiar with these characters...who knows? I think in the near future, maybe next year towards the end of Singer's run, he might do something like this (not sure if he's an egomaniac or not, but if he is he'll definitly want to leave his mark on the title for years to come...killing off one of the better known characters in a sappy, tragic way usually does that...course bringing one back in the same manner also seems to have that effect, remember Astonishing X-Men when Colossus returned? Fans ate that up).

I know.

Vaughan is more familiar with X-Men. He wrote them in 616, as he had written some issues with them in the Age of Apocalypse event.

icemastertron said:
I know.

Vaughan is more familiar with X-Men. He wrote them in 616, as he had written some issues with them in the Age of Apocalypse event.

Vaughan's the man when it comes to ultimizing 616 characters, I love everything he's done, from the Apocalypse possibly being a figment of crazy Mr. Sinister's imagination, to the Fenris Twins (which in my opinion were probably his least interesting ultimization), to Mojo, Longshot, Arcade and Spiral in The Most Dangerous Game, and even Lady Deathstrike in #59-60. And now we're getting to see Havok and Forge again (even though he technically didn't ultimize them), Polaris, Sunspot, Northstar, and even Doug Ramsey. And best of all, finally Mystique!! I'm loving it so far. Really going to be a shame to see him go.

By the way, I'm kinda tired so forgive me if this was already answered, but did they announce the writer/artist who will be taking over for Vaughan until Singer and his team come on?

DIrishB said:
By the way, I'm kinda tired so forgive me if this was already answered, but did they announce the writer/artist who will be taking over for Vaughan until Singer and his team come on?
If it was, we'd ALL know. :wink:

But alas, they have not.

DIrishB said:
Ok just checking, but they did say Raney would be the artist for Singer's run right? The same guy who did the UXM Annual?

McNiven is doing Singer's run. :?

ProjectX2 said:
McNiven is doing Singer's run. :?

Thats right, don't know how I mixed them up. But thats even better in my opinion, love McNiven's art. I could have swore I heard Raney would be doing something long-term after seeing his art in the UXM Annual, oh well. If anyone know let me know, otherwise I'm just crazy.

DIrishB said:
Thats right, don't know how I mixed them up. But thats even better in my opinion, love McNiven's art. I could have swore I heard Raney would be doing something long-term after seeing his art in the UXM Annual, oh well. If anyone know let me know, otherwise I'm just crazy.

What had McNiven drawn?

DIrishB said:
You're just crazy. No one knows what Raney's doing after Ultimate Secret, except him and Marvel, of course.

Yeah, this one right here....

This isn't baseless speculation. Why was it split off? I don't like "theory" threads or "idea" threads unless it's something like DD who hasn't been introduced in the UU. This is a plausible idea that could come out of UXM... I don't get it. But you're making me look bad....

Latest posts

Back