Vol 16 : Deadpool. *spoilers*

That's fine. I respect that you manage to read through Deadpool without feeling a compulsion to stab your eyes out.
I don't know about SSJMole, but I had absolutely no compulsion to stab my eyes out after reading this arc. Or to stab anything else, for that matter. The worst reaction I would have is to just stop reading if I don't like something.

Nothing about it was clever or original and nothing was even very cool. Really, the whole thing was just a dumb excuse for a crossover; Seriously, I think I could write a better story than this one. In fact, I think almost anyone here could write a better story.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing your version in the fanfiction section here at some point in the not-too-distant future. :D (Hey, maybe we could have a "UU Deadpool Origin Story Competition" in the fanfic section this summer. Or a "Re-Ultimize Your Least Favorite Ultimate Character" competition instead. Hm.... [scribbles note to self])

See, I liked Ult. Iron Man too
So did I. And I don't feel that UIM needs to be "salvaged", "fixed", or "retconned". I like Card's version of Tony Stark a lot better than Mark Millar's.

Gah?!? What's going on here? What's with the sudden, overwhelming praise for USM's Deadpool arc?
Maybe because some of us actually liked it? Or at least didn't have major issues with it? Overall, I find I prefer the Ultimate versions of characters to their 616 counterparts, although in Darkpool's case, I don't know anything about his 616 character. (I have to admit that Hellsbuttmonkey's description of him does not inspire me to run out and read about him, either. If I run across a trade or issue that features him somewhere, I might be willing to give it a try, however.)

Do I hate the arc or Bendis' writing because of the characterization? No. Do I think Darkpool is the coolest character in the UU? Not by a long shot. There are a number of characters I like much better. He's an okay character in an okay arc. I've read fiction by a variety of people over the years, and, trust me, I've seen writing a lot worse than this.

SSJMole, now that you've read the trade, if you have any interest in Morbius, you might want to check out the two discussion threads on the individual issues: USM #95 and USM #96. Some pretty good ideas were tossed out for consideration. I agree with TwilightEL and would like to see the character reappear at some point. (Preferably before I end up writing it myself.... )

Re: Vol 16 : Deadpool. *spoliers*

I see him as **** for a front. But inside he is a deeply disturbed yet passionate guy. He hates mutants so much my guess is that he is one and hates it about himself. That would explain his powers more.

Yes, someone who's on the same wavelength as me. However, Deadpool claimed that he didn't think it was right that any punk can have powers without earning them first. However, I do think alot of his attitude comes from the fact that he's a mutant and probably feels that he had to earn his powers, especially due to his mutant-hating teammates (who probably share the same philosophy).

...Almost sounds like Apocalypse's "survival of the fittest" creed. I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool was testing the X-Men's worthiness for Apocalypse... infact, I don't think anyone even mentioned who turned Deadpool and his team into cyborgs, and Apocalypse has a habit of augmenting his warriors.
How does "Deadpool, Horseman of War" sound?

Last edited:
I'd love it if UU Deadpool tured out to be a mutant just like regular Deadpool and was using an image inducer to make himself look like he went through all that work to get powers.

Also, why is his name Wadey? That bugs the crud out of me.

I'd love it if UU Deadpool tured out to be a mutant just like regular Deadpool and was using an image inducer to make himself look like he went through all that work to get powers.

Also, why is his name Wadey? That bugs the crud out of me.

That would be a good twist too (but 616 Deadpool isn't a mutant). And I hate "Wadey" too, must be a nickname. Like people call me "Mitchee" even though my name's "Mitch."

Deadpool is an overly sarcastic, twisted maniac, with an obsession with the word 'Chimichanga'.

Well, 616 Deadpool tries to pull off the merciless, crazy, and invincible card, but he's actually a physically and emotionally scarred man who uses cynical humor and sarcasm to cope with his loneliness, insecurities, and poor social skills.
He's a bad man and he knows he's a bad man, but he's constantly searching for redemption. He deals with the ever-growing darkness within himself everyday, and he uses humor to combat those dark feelings that are trying to consume him... he isn't trying to make people laugh, he's trying to make himself laugh.
Not alot of people like him, and even fewer people trust him. They see him as a hyperactive and morally ambiguous psychopath... which isn't far from the truth, but they can't see that he's trying to better himself.
His indomitable healing abilities which makes him such an infamous character doubles as his greatest curse, as it's constantly killing and regrowing every cell in his body every hour of every day, leaving him deformed and mentally unwell.
If you look past his witty banter, he's an emotional rollercoaster.

Death_1.jpg

00009696.jpg

Last edited:
Deadpool was one of the worst comics in the ever.

Deadpool was an horrid. I love Deadpool. But Bendis raped the character and all he stood for.

Bagley's art was so much crap. It was sloopy and very unpleasant.

And the dialogue wasn't snappy or funny like before. It was annoying and awful.

Everyone talked the same.

Moribus was boring and no point to any of it.

The annual was just as awful as Deadpool. The year's before was amazing but this sucked. The Punisher (or Bendis) killed a very interesting plot idea way too early. And The Punisher was very onesided and lame.

I will never read this because Deadpool is called "Wadey Wilson."

I also forgot to mention , This book gave us the reason Shocker kept coming back. That was cool and a nice little scene

Latest posts

Back