Vol 17 - Clone Saga *spoilers*

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
My hardback came today and I've read that.

As Peter Parker tries to sort out his relationship with the X-Men's Kitty Pryde - and continue his friendship with Mary Jane - a mall-food-court lunch turns into a free-for-all as Peter and MJ are interrupted by the debut of...the Ultimate Scorpion! But who is the Scorpion - and what sinister conspiracy is threatening Spider-Man's very existence? The clues have been laid over the past 96 issues...and it all starts to come together here, as we begin the most shocking, most mind-blowing Spider-Man story ever published! This work collects "Ultimate Spider-Man" No.97-105, Marvel Spotlight: Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley, plus extras.

Here it goes. I loved this book. It had only one flaw I could think of "M.J goblin" but that was only on a few pages so it's not THAT big of a deal. I loved Peter telling May he was spider-man.

Been waiting for that for a while. I didn't think "Superstars" would get mentioned or brought up again but When peter showed fantasic four who he was , Sure enough Johnny said "Didn't we go to school together?"

The clone saga as a whole was very entertaining and kept me hooked from start to end. The clones themselves were pretty cool. I loved Spider-Woman and thought that was a cool way of adding her.

Doc Ock been behind it? Brilliant. Also we finally saw why fury has been testing Peter all this time. I assumed it was beacuse Fury was a bad guy secretly but I was wrong.

Brining it all together while adding Oz was great. It helped make the story feel like YES this is what has been building up all this time and it was worth it. I was expecting scarlet Spider to show up but he didn't.

They improved Doc Ock I thought. He can now control metal? That is very cool. Peter's dad's clone's death was sad. I liked that. He didn't even know he was a clone.

I give this one another 4.5

Very impressed with how this is going. last two books have been very strong and next story looks like that will be great too.

I don't even have a rant in response to this. I'm pretty burned out on talking about the ultimate clone saga, so if you liked it, then great.

They improved Doc Ock I thought. He can now control metal? That is very cool. Peter's dad's clone's death was sad. I liked that. He didn't even know he was a clone.

These are the only two things about your review that I don't understand.

How did they improve Doc Ock? He's Magneto now, how is that even remotely an improvement? Not only is it completely unoriginal, but the "Doctor Octopus" name doesn't even make sense anymore.

And it wasn't Peter's dad's clone. It was Peter's clone, just made older.

Otherwise, I can accept that you liked it.

These are the only two things about your review that I don't understand.

How did they improve Doc Ock? He's Magneto now, how is that even remotely an improvement? Not only is it completely unoriginal, but the "Doctor Octopus" name doesn't even make sense anymore.

And it wasn't Peter's dad's clone. It was Peter's clone, just made older.

Otherwise, I can accept that you liked it.

The clone first - Yes it was Peter but older but it thinks it was his father. Had Of said Peter's clone's death then you would of thought Which one?

Doc Ock is not on Magneto's level in terms of what he can control. The name still makes sense as he still creates arms like he did in this story. I liked the improvement beacuse in stead of his arms somehow getting past S.H.E.I.L.D defences to get ack to Doc he can now create them from scratch. Removing the need for new ways of his arms returning to him.

Also he can now walk down the street looking normal so no one would find him as easy then use the arms in combat. I love it.

Doc Ock is not on Magneto's level in terms of what he can control. The name still makes sense as he still creates arms like he did in this story. I liked the improvement beacuse in stead of his arms somehow getting past S.H.E.I.L.D defences to get ack to Doc he can now create them from scratch. Removing the need for new ways of his arms returning to him.

He already had a spare set of arms in the Osborn bunker. If he'd gone there, it would explain why SHIELD couldn't find him and why he was able to create clones without having to use the secret CIA anti-SHIELD cloning initiative which deserves its own arc, possibly crossing over titles, rather than being used as a means to an end (especially if that end is the UCS).

Also he can now walk down the street looking normal so no one would find him as easy then use the arms in combat. I love it.

But he could already do that. The arms weren't attached to him, he controlled them telepathically.

He already had a spare set of arms in the Osborn bunker. If he'd gone there, it would explain why SHIELD couldn't find him and why he was able to create clones without having to use the secret CIA anti-SHIELD cloning initiative which deserves its own arc, possibly crossing over titles, rather than being used as a means to an end (especially if that end is the UCS).

True but now like I said he can create them from scratch so let's say he's held in a S.h.i.e.l.d prison his escape wont be as cheesey as "Go go gadget arms"

But he could already do that. The arms weren't attached to him, he controlled them telepathically.

Also true but now he can do it with out needing the arms to come to him he can crate them from anywhere near by fast. It makes him more deadly than he's been in any comic IMO

I don't even have a rant in response to this. I'm pretty burned out on talking about the ultimate clone saga, so if you liked it, then great.

That's about how I feel.

Actually, I'm glad that Mole - or whomever - likes this book or this story specifically. It's always good when people find stories they enjoy.

Can't say I understand it though, because as has been said to death here, I found nothing redeeming about this arc. It was terrible through and through. It and the Deadpool arc are two of the worst comic stories I've ever read.

Seriously.

Latest posts

Back