W.

Seriously... more accurate casting for Dubya would be a chimp that they'd used for psychotropic drug testing.

I read about this at the HSX. Josh Brolin is the lead candidate to play Dubya.

I wouldn't say that Stone is trying to be non-biased about this, but since when does non-biased or fair and balanced become the most important measure of a film about history?

I do however, like the idea of Bush being portrayed as an individual with a psychology and quirks and hang-ups and neuroses, as regardless of whether or not that paints him in a positive or negative light... it at least goes far away from the whole "Bush is stupid" caricature that comedy shows have run into the ground.

Josh Brolin would make an excellent Dubya. He's probably the perfect person to play him. Ever since I first heard that Brolin was being considered for the role, I could not think of anyone else to play GWB.

ew.jpg

First Look of Brolin as Bush... And i think it's good.

I don't know what I think. Anyone else think that they look a bit too much like they are in a made for TV movie? If you know what I mean.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEyJ2kdaaTQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEyJ2kdaaTQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Okay... I think this will be entertaining if I forget Bush is a real person and go with no baggage. Just to watch a film about a spoilt loser who somehow becomes president of the most powerful nation on Earth.

I'm very intrigued.

It's a gimmick and advertised so. I mean, here's a guy who is one of America's most unpopular president's and he's being cast as a troubled youth who fell into luck and got all this great power. I'll go watch Spider-Man for that. And it being advertised where it needs to show all the different faces tells me that they are only trying to sell a gimmicky movie.

Well Oliver Stone isn't a half-bad director, ya know. I'm sure he can pull this off, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it.

So many biopics coming out this and next year: Lincoln, Earheart, Churchill, Theodore Roosevelt, W., and theres a few more but I don't wanna look them up.

I think it's just too surreal to see so many living people, who appear so often on TV news in recent years, get played by name celebrities. It's just mind boggling.

I mean imagine if people made Reagan biopics in the 80s, while he was still in power, and played by contemporary big names. Same thing.

I think it's just too surreal to see so many living people, who appear so often on TV news in recent years, get played by name celebrities. It's just mind boggling.

I mean imagine if people made Reagan biopics in the 80s, while he was still in power, and played by contemporary big names. Same thing.

I don't know. It would be a little different though because most people actually LIKED Reagan. I think I might see this though.

I don't know. It would be a little different though because most people actually LIKED Reagan. I think I might see this though.
A lot of people seemed to have liked Bush as well, BEFORE the post-9/11 shenanigans.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that this film is just completely weird because in the age of cable and Internet, we're looking at a vast collection of national decision makers who have had their faces become highly recognizable... now being played with contemporary big names... and most of them are STILL in positions of power, never mind the fact that they're still alive. It's just so damn WEIRD.

A lot of people seemed to have liked Bush as well, BEFORE the post-9/11 shenanigans.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that this film is just completely weird because in the age of cable and Internet, we're looking at a vast collection of national decision makers who have had their faces become highly recognizable... now being played with contemporary big names... and most of them are STILL in positions of power, never mind the fact that they're still alive. It's just so damn WEIRD.

Yes, I myself liked Bush in his first term.

But I do see your point. I wouldn't have expected this film to come out for some time and it would very weird to see everyone including Rove, Powell, and Cheney. Should be good though.

Latest posts

Back