Walking Charles Xavier

Would you prefer Charles to be able to walk or not?

• Total voters
It's his character. Charles Xavier can't walk. So, I say no.

But it's funny how of all the things that can be cured in comics for the convienance of a character and Charles with the powers that he has and the money can't get walking again. Thanks for killing the magic.

roguefan said:
Don't worry, me and my freiend have this whole Xavier tribute thing going on. To be honest though, the fact that Xavier is in a wheelchair adds to the irony. He is crippled, et is the strongest X-Man,.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't the Jean Grey stronger than him... Well maybe her Pheonix counterpart.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's his character. Charles Xavier can't walk. So, I say no.....

I agree. Not being able to walk is just part of what makes Xavier........well....Xavier. To have him walk in the UU for the sake of being different than his 616 counterpart is ridiculous.

By that reasoning...you should allow Cyclops the ability to control his powers without the use of his glasses/visor. Or for Nightcrawler to be able to look normal. See how weird and unnatural that sounds? That's how weird it sounds to have X walking.

Victor Von Doom said:
I agree. Not being able to walk is just part of what makes Xavier........well....Xavier. To have him walk in the UU for the sake of being different than his 616 counterpart is ridiculous.
That's where I disagree. Him not walking is not what makes him who he is. Now, I did say I don't mind if he walks or not, but saying him not walking is makes Xavier who he is, that's not really true. It's how Xavier acts in whatever circumstance he's in that makes him who he is. I do agree that him being in a wheel chair adds more depth to his character, but that in no way defines who he is.

I'd disagree but I don't wanna get banned by "Super Moderator". :p

Just kiddding....but I do disagree. The wheelchair doesn't define him as a character but it makes him who he is. It's his image. The world's most powerful mutant......but unable to walk.

Victor Von Doom said:
Just kiddding....but I do disagree. The wheelchair doesn't define him as a character but it makes him who he is. It's his image. The world's most powerful mutant......but unable to walk.
He's the worlds most powerful telepath, not necessarily the world's most powerful mutant.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
"Marvel Girl, Kitty, Storm! Its time for my spongebath!"

Actually that makes sense...maybe he *can* fix himself....

icemastertron said:
He's the worlds most powerful telepath, not necessarily the world's most powerful mutant.

Yup. Anyone who's immune to pyschic powers can kick his ***. He was nearly killed by Sinister, Magneto (w/ helmet of course) and if Syndicate was homicidal. It's been stated that his telekinetic abilities are still limited, based on the handbook and UXM #66. IMO, Marvel Girl seems to be a lot more powerful than him.

icemastertron said:
That's where I disagree. Him not walking is not what makes him who he is. Now, I did say I don't mind if he walks or not, but saying him not walking is makes Xavier who he is, that's not really true. It's how Xavier acts in whatever circumstance he's in that makes him who he is. I do agree that him being in a wheel chair adds more depth to his character, but that in no way defines who he is.
He didn't mean that's the only thing that makes Charles Xavier. It's just like the costume debate. Charles Xavier walking is like Spider-Man keeping the new costume forever.

TheManWithoutFear said:
He didn't mean that's the only thing that makes Charles Xavier. It's just like the costume debate. Charles Xavier walking is like Spider-Man keeping the new costume forever.

Bingo.

Now here's a non-biased opinion from my wife....

DISCLAIMER: My wife does not read comics. I'm trying to get her into them by getting her "Ultra" by the Luna Bros. But she is familiar with the characters in the X-Men universe....but that's all based soley on the 90's Saturday Morning cartoon. Our favorite joke is about how pathetic Logan is for always pining after Jean and how everytime he says her name it's like someone just kicked him in the nuts and stomped on his stomach with golf shoes. "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaannnnnn................" :lol: Anyways......

She thinks he should remain in the wheelchair. But if he was to walk again....it should be for the sake of progressing the story forward and not having him walk just for walking sake.

She thinks that it'd be ok if he was able to walk again (for maybe 2-3 issues) and now he's filled with hope, blah blah blah.....then lose the ability suddenly. This would cause him to become jaded and draw him closer to madness. Then in a shocking twist (kinda)---he becomes evil and it's up to the students to face their mentor (kinda like a cliffhanger ending to the arc).

Then in the next arc the students have to face Xavier....and of course they win and bring him back home, but the whole experience causes all of them to grow up and realize what they'll be facing in the world.

Of course she said all this a lot more eloquently and detailed than I've said here. A tad predictable....but not a bad idea for someone whose not into comics.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not necessarily, but alright.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Read New X-Men (the old one by Grant Morrison, not the current piece of crap) and you won't be saying that.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Anyone who's immune to pyschic powers can kick his ***.

Unless Charles decides to use his telekenetic powers, picks up a stone, and bullets it through the other guy's [insert part of body here].

"Oh no! Magneto is wearing a telepathy-blocking helmet!" *rips it off with telekenetics* "Now then..."

And didn't he also enhance someone's power in Ultimate War?

Yup, probably one of the most powerful mutants.

What I would like is that he gets his telekinesis skill up to a level where he can walk, but as a result, all of his TK effort is focused on that and he can't use telekinesis like Jean Grey can.

Victor Von Doom said:
Our favorite joke is about how pathetic Logan is for always pining after Jean and how everytime he says her name it's like someone just kicked him in the nuts and stomped on his stomach with golf shoes. "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaannnnnn................" :lol: Anyways......[/B][/I]
:lol:

You and your wife are cool. Can I sleep with you guys in your bed?

I wouldn't really mind, just as long as we got some promise or assurance that he wouldn't get put back in the wheelchair some other way. Like in 616, every time Charlie got his legs back, three issues later another rock fell on him.

Last edited:
And I, for one, like when big rocks fall on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they didn't make him into some commando all of a sudden, I'd be all right with it. Really though I don't think it would make his character any better.

Latest posts

Back