Warren Ellis & Carey Nord do Ultimate Hulk/Iron Man.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Just when things couldn't get worse with Ultimate Hulk versus Wolverine in terms of delays and what not, Marvel dishes out yet another Ultimate Hulk mini series. But fret not True Believers, it's not with Wolverine or with Damon Lindelof. Nopesiree. It's written by fan favorite Warren Ellis! Comic Book Resources gives us an insight look with an interview about what this all means.

marvelwwclogo.jpg

Bruce Banner and Tony Stark are two of the most dangerous people in Marvel Comics' Ultimate Universe. These self-made weapons of mass destruction, better known as the Hulk and Iron Man, respectively, have fought against each other, but when the six-issue "Ultimate Hulk/Iron Man" miniseries by writer Warren Ellis and artist Cary Nord begins in 2008, they'll be forced to do something neither of them wants to do: work together. CBR News spoke with Ellis about the series.

"[Marvel Editor-in-Chief] Joe Quesada asked me to write it for him, and when Joe makes a direct pitch like that, I don't like to say no," Warren Ellis told CBR News. "Joe and [Publisher] Dan Buckley have become good friends to me over the years. So when they ask me for help on something, I try to make it happen. Simple as that."

Click the link above to read more.

Last edited:
Well it's Ellis. That's good. Should look forward to this. The only problem I have with it is that they aren't focusing on other characters. I mean Hulk and Iron Man have already had their own series (one terrible and the other not even finished). Still, it's Ellis.

This idea just sounds stupid. I mean Stark and Banner barely spent anytime around each other there's virtually no drama between them. Its just take two random heroes and put them together for no reason.

This will be great. How can you naysay Ellis on Ultimate Hulk? And Iron Man? After reading Extremis? Come on people.

I can't wait. Sounds groovy.

This will be great. How can you naysay Ellis on Ultimate Hulk? And Iron Man? After reading Extremis? Come on people.

I can't wait. Sounds groovy.

Cause Stark and Banner have no relationship, this is just way too out of the blue, there just doesnt seem like theres a purpose to have them together, it just sounds like a stupid team up. And from the announcement Ellis didnt sound to thrilled to do it

Hulk should get his own mini , No wolverine , No iron man , No Spider-man , Nothing , Just hulk on his own.

But this could be cool.

This idea just sounds stupid. I mean Stark and Banner barely spent anytime around each other there's virtually no drama between them. Its just take two random heroes and put them together for no reason.

That's how a lot of stuff started.

Every relationship as to start somewhere.

I would rather Warren Ellis return to Iron Man and do Tony Stark, Agent of SHIELD with John Cassaday. Basically James Bond in a robot suit. That would be neat.

I mean Stark and Banner barely spent anytime around each other there's virtually no drama between them.
You mean you missed Hulk the Horny trying to strip Stark down to his g-string in volume one? :D That's drama right there!

Uh, yes. I ain't as big of an Ellis fan as most of you guys are, but he's a great writer. This could be good. Although it would be odd if we have Ultimate Wolverine and Ulitmate Hulk/Iron Man going on while Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine is still incomplete. @_@

I'm happy to see Marvel not putting the hold on great potential stories just because they made a big goof with the Hulk/Wolverine mini.

And for those of you are saying that there's no relationship basis for drama there, did you READ the article? Banner would know lots about Atark as he is a public figure. Intense professional and personal jelousy makes for a GREAT drama between two of the greatest minds in the Ultimate Universe.

I'm excited.

Marvel is gonna be shoving Iron Man down our throats until the movie comes out, so this isn't that surprising.

That said I like the sound of this and might check it out.

Marvel is gonna be shoving Iron Man down our throats until the movie comes out, so this isn't that surprising.

That said I like the sound of this and might check it out.

If I really wanted to get cynical...there's a Hulk movie and an Iron Man movie coming out in 08...

Warren Ellis?

No Lindelof involvement?

Ultimate Leader?

What could go wrong? Don't answer that. :p

Last edited:
Could be good. Could be bad.

I don't see this as something that necessarily needs to be picked up, but as things develope a little bit, you never know...

Ultimate Origins, at least, is shaping up to be real cool.

That's how a lot of stuff started.

Every relationship as to start somewhere.
Well put. This is definetly true.

Exactly.

And I fully trust Warren Ellis to cultivate this correctly.
Same here.

I would rather Warren Ellis return to Iron Man and do Tony Stark, Agent of SHIELD with John Cassaday. Basically James Bond in a robot suit. That would be neat.
I will always agree with this. But for now, I'm happy with this.

I do want him to at least read into the issue of Ultimate Wolverine/Hulk that have been printed to see how to handle Banner, though...

He seems to have a good plan for Stark.

Ellis has a great reputation so I will definetly be looking forward to this book infact it may be the only post Ultimates 2 book I buy.

Latest posts

Back