Warren Ellis: No Ultimate Nullifier in Ultimate Extinction

ultimatekramer

In a small article from this month's Wizard, Warren Ellis talks briefly about the upcoming 5-part Ultimate Extinction mini series. One particular point of interest:

Ellis also warns fans not to expect any easy outs in the story or simple answers at its end. "There's no friendly god to help out the protagonists of the Ultimate Universe, no Ultimate Nullifer," said Ellis, "Just smart, ruthless, scared people who to have to think on a scale heretofore unimagined in order to save the Earth."

The ad for next months issue has a big headline that reads: "Ultimate Marvel Preview"

And by this time next year we may find out how they do save humanity.
I can't even speculate on what's gonna happen because we're just not given enough to go on.

Glad there's no deus ex machina. They suck.

I do like the sound of that "ruthless" though. It implies moral angst surrounding a decision which sounds fun.

But how can one defeat a Galactus without an Ultimate ultimate Nullifier or Bald men in dresses?!

How will the earth survive?!!

On a more serious note, i'd be very amused for a moment or so, if this turned out to be the end of the UU. Like, everyone's dead, end of story.

Dr.Strangefate said:
But how can one defeat a Galactus without an Ultimate ultimate Nullifier or Bald men in dresses?!

How will the earth survive?!!

On a more serious note, i'd be very amused for a moment or so, if this turned out to be the end of the UU. Like, everyone's dead, end of story.
At least I'd be saved from the temptation of picking up USM every now and again. It's like watching England play cricket, you know it's gonna be crap and wish you'd spent your time doing something more productive, but you just go and do it anyway.

*is praying for rain*
(we're getting thrashed, really really badly)

unlikely, since Ultimates 2 plays out after extinction, as far as we know...

Maybe Ultimate Extinction ends with Gah Lak Tus squaring off with the evil giant sized Elvis being known as the Beyonder. Only he's Ultimate.

ourchair said:
Maybe Ultimate Extinction ends with Gah Lak Tus squaring off with the evil giant sized Elvis being known as the Beyonder. Only he's Ultimate.

Dude...Beyonder was sooooooo Michael Jackson, not Elvis.

UltimateE said:
Dude...Beyonder was sooooooo Michael Jackson, not Elvis.
Fair enough, but that isn't really that big a difference if you think about it:

Michael Jackson wanted to be Elvis, but couldn't so instead he resolved his desire by having sex with a Presley. It's kinda like the whole Freud narrative about women who correct their desire for a penis by desiring someone who has one.

ourchair said:
Michael Jackson wanted to be Elvis

I'll grant you that, but...

ourchair said:

Blasphemer! :shock:

ETA:

ourchair said:
he resolved his desire by having sex with a Presley.

You really believe that? :D

UltimateE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourchair
Michael Jackson wanted to be Elvis

I'll grant you that, but...

Quote:

Blasphemer!

ETA:

Quote:
he resolved his desire by having sex with a Presley.

You really believe that?

Why not? Nicolas Cage did it. And I assume a lot of her other "significant others" had the same thing going on. Its creepy when you think about it...er, wll its even creepy when you don't.

Latest posts

Back