Wasp Question

UltimateE said:
You're asking the difference between identifying something and identifying with something?

Identifiable-being able to relate to or discern the identity of any noun.

-The Dictionary. :D

jtg3885 said:
As long as we're all digging up long dead topics, I've been wondering. Does Wasp possess the natural ability to talk to bugs in the UU, which would have then spawned the Ant-Man project? Or is the idea of talking to bugs unique to Pym and his helmet in the UU?
I haven't seen any interviews, articles, or canon evidence that suggests Janet can talk to or otherwise communicate with insects or spiders or anything else of that kind. However, it seems plausible that her husband could have picked up his pheremonal communication idea from her -- if Jan has the insect-like characteristics of laying eggs and eating bugs (which must be just an occasional thing, or someone would have noticed long before now), she might have the (possibly latent) ability to communicate through pheremones. Perhaps this was an off-shoot of his experimenting with her DNA for his Giant Man project.

Johnny Bravo said:
Identifiable-being able to relate to or discern the identity of any noun.

-The Dictionary. :D

I doubt I will find a definition for a phrase like "identify with", so let's put it this way: "recognizing" and "relating" - two different things.

Seldes Katne said:
However, it seems plausible that her husband could have picked up his pheremonal communication idea from her -- if Jan has the insect-like characteristics of laying eggs and eating bugs (which must be just an occasional thing, or someone would have noticed long before now), she might have the (possibly latent) ability to communicate through pheremones. Perhaps this was an off-shoot of his experimenting with her DNA for his Giant Man project.
Janet certainly seems to imply in their fight that both the pheromonal communication technology and the heightbased powers are derived from her. But that's IMPLICIT merely because of the way she says, "Let's see how many powers you can make that don't involve shrinking and growing and talking to insects through a helmet, you jackass!" (I'm paraphrasing.)

I think an interesting way to explain the pheromonal technology but her apparent lack of "insect talking" powers is to hypothesize that maybe Janet's body is also designed with pheromonal communication, but only so she can communicate with her potential young.

Meaning her body has the ability to talk to mutant bug-men and women that she would eventually give birth to. So even though she doesn't talk to insects, its possible that Hank took that aspect of her biochemistry and reengineered it to work on plain bugs.

UltimateE said:
I doubt I will find a definition for a phrase like "identify with", so let's put it this way: "recognizing" and "relating" - two different things.

Ah....now that I can identify with.

Johnny Bravo said:
Ah....now that I can identify with.

I'm glad you finally recognize what I'm trying to relate to you.

ourchair said:
Janet certainly seems to imply in their fight that both the pheromonal communication technology and the heightbased powers are derived from her. But that's IMPLICIT merely because of the way she says, "Let's see how many powers you can make that don't involve shrinking and growing and talking to insects through a helmet, you jackass!" (I'm paraphrasing.)

I think an interesting way to explain the pheromonal technology but her apparent lack of "insect talking" powers is to hypothesize that maybe Janet's body is also designed with pheromonal communication, but only so she can communicate with her potential young.

Meaning her body has the ability to talk to mutant bug-men and women that she would eventually give birth to. So even though she doesn't talk to insects, its possible that Hank took that aspect of her biochemistry and reengineered it to work on plain bugs.
Hmmm. Interesting take. That would actually be a cool thing, but I doubt Ult. Jan would ever get knocked up. Pity.

ourchair said:

And they sent her to fix up Spider-Man.

Johnny Bravo said:
And they sent her to fix up Spider-Man.
I hadn't even thought of that potential pairing. Might be an interesting avenue for someone to explore... Janet might be unconsciously drawn to him for reasons she doesn't quite understand. Even with the age and maturity difference. Might be fun, especially when you factor in the Cap and Black Cat...

jtg3885 said:
I hadn't even thought of that potential pairing. Might be an interesting avenue for someone to explore... Janet might be unconsciously drawn to him for reasons she doesn't quite understand. Even with the age and maturity difference. Might be fun, especially when you factor in the Cap and Black Cat...

Cap kickin' the crap through Spidey while Black Cat has the Ultimate ***** Fight Version Two. It'l never happen,but there should be a book(think a more liberal What If?) where fun stories like that could be done.....

I was hoping to inspire a fanfic author.

Might get Skotti on a faux cover for that issue of Ultimate What If? though... ;)

Latest posts

Back