Weird little observations about HC Vol. 1

jtg3885

Banned
I hate to pull a LK on you all, but I had a few things I noticed when I sat down and really read the Volume 1 hardcover from front to back...

In the Hank vs. Janet issue, Hank remarks "There's a picture of you with your tongue down Captain America's throat in every newspaper in the world." Am I missing a page from my HC or something? Cuz I'm sitting there flipping back and forth between the meager pages covering the post-battle stuff, and I'm not seeing it.

When they're all gearing up to go Chitauri hunting, Tony tells Fury that, "Having seen Wanda's chest, I'd be happy to give her all the sick-pay the little darling could ever want, Nick." Given that I doubt the wonder twins kept the Brotherhood costumes when they hooked up with S.H.I.E.L.D., and the only time (we've seen) Tony meet Wanda, Wanda was wearing a tanktop... does this mean that Tony got a piece of Wanda at some point as well?

Okay, last one... am I the only one who found it really, really disturbing that watching the Hulk eat people made Betty Ross horny for Bruce?

jtg3885 said:
In the Hank vs. Janet issue, Hank remarks "There's a picture of you with your tongue down Captain America's throat in every newspaper in the world." Am I missing a page from my HC or something? Cuz I'm sitting there flipping back and forth between the meager pages covering the post-battle stuff, and I'm not seeing it.
I don't think he ment literaly, but THe Ultiamtes have had the celebrity angle played up heavily, and what do people assume that a male and female celebrity that have bee seen hanging around together extensivly are doing? Thats right, banging like an old screen door.

When they're all gearing up to go Chitauri hunting, Tony tells Fury that, "Having seen Wanda's chest, I'd be happy to give her all the sick-pay the little darling could ever want, Nick." Given that I doubt the wonder twins kept the Brotherhood costumes when they hooked up with S.H.I.E.L.D., and the only time (we've seen) Tony meet Wanda, Wanda was wearing a tanktop... does this mean that Tony got a piece of Wanda at some point as well?
Well she was in the background of some of Magnetos announcments when she was still with the Brotherhood, or he could have just been admiring her in a nice little sweater. Of course I wouldn' be supprised if he'd gotten a piece from her either. It is Ultimate Tony Stark after all.

Okay, last one... am I the only one who found it really, really disturbing that watching the Hulk eat people made Betty Ross horny for Bruce?
Yes. Yes you are.

jtg3885 said:

Nope - I wondered the same thing when I read that. I went back and reread previous issues to see if I missed it. He could have been exaggerating, or maybe it was just one of those off-panel instances.

jtg3885 said:

I doubt he hooked up with her - she seems to have a thing exclusively for siblings and robots. I don't think he meant that he literally saw them up close in all their glory, so to speak. :D

jtg3885 said:
It wasn't shown. I'm guessing that was just a quick way for Millar to mention all the media coverage this event got, as well as set Jan and Hank up for the ending of issue 6.

I wrote this one off as yet another of the stupidly sexist comments that Stark seems to drop every other time he opens his mouth. Despite the fact that we have yet to see Wanda actually do anything useful in this title, it's seriously annoying that the only thing Stark seems to notice is her chest. But then, he does come off as being about as shallow as a sidewalk puddle in his dealings with the opposite gender.

[A]m I the only one who found it really, really disturbing that watching the Hulk eat people made Betty Ross horny for Bruce?
No. I found it disturbing also. Ross appears to be yet another character in The Ultimates in desperate need of industrial strength therapy....

jtg3885 said:

Its just commentary on the amount of time they're spending together.

Meh,its Tony.Wouldn't suprise me,the guys a ledge.

Different strokes,different folks....

Speaking of LK,where is she/he/it lately?

Lil Kis has been on a weekly ban.

I'd say the above two events happened off-panel or are exaggerations.

I'm under the impression that given the high media exposure given to the Ultimates, it's all too easy to find naked pics, doctored and undoctored of Wanda's chest. THAT is probably the real reason how Tony has seen her blouse puppies exposed.

Either that or he looked "carefully at the satellite footage" and "slowed it down".

ourchair said:
THAT is probably the real reason how Tony has seen her blouse puppies exposed.

"Blouse Puppies"...lol, now thats a classic. I'm gonna have to remember that one.

thee great one said:
He never said he seen them exposed. You could still think they have a nice set no matter what they're wearing.

Unless its a ridiculously large and thick sweatshirt.

jtg3885 said:

What about the Hulk's even more disturbing line of "Hulk touch naked man like naked man touch Betty!"? That, coupled with later on the Hulk screaming "Hulk no sissyboy...Hulk STRAIGHT!" makes me think the Hulk is somewhat confused about his orientation.....

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
What about the Hulk's even more disturbing line of "Hulk touch naked man like naked man touch Betty!"? That, coupled with later on the Hulk screaming "Hulk no sissyboy...Hulk STRAIGHT!" makes me think the Hulk is somewhat confused about his orientation.....
To make matters worse, I think those are just additional things that turned Betty on.

"Betty touch naked Bruce like Hulk touch naked man touch Betty?" :twisted:

Latest posts

Back