What are the differences between the 616 FF4 and Ultimate FF4 characters?

icemastertron said:
From what was shown:

• Poison Breath
  • Able to shoot needles out of arms.

I remember that he had more powers, but I dont remember what they were.

icemastertron said:
From what was shown:

• Poison Breath
  • Able to shoot needles out of arms.

The poison breath was a result of his organs being destroyed because he didn't need them, so i don't know if he'll have that indefinitely.

Also, something i don't think has been mentioned, is that the teleportation experiment that gave the four and doom their powers involved the negative zone as a conduit. (The UU Negative Zone is a universe "below" ours-i.e., older and smaller.)

icemastertron said:
UFF Doom's metal is actually his skin, not armor. He has 'powers', that are part of him, and not a weapon he created.
Actually, I was under the impression that Doom's metal body is NOT his skin, but is actually his entire bone/muscle structure.

At the end of UFF 7 it implies that his skin is actually flaking and chipping off, and he tears it all off because he can't feel through his skin anymore, and thus implying that his dead useless skin is making it difficult to work on his cybernetic mosquitoes killer bots.

Something neat from UFF. In 616, Doom hates Mr. Fantastic for causing the accidental scarring on his face. In UU, The FF hate Doom for causing the accident that transforms them into what they are.

Also, Reed doesn't have a time-travelling, dimension-jumping father. He's part of a regular, average family who doesn't see his genius, kinda like Dexter in Dexter's Lab. I'm not sure if they ever did in 616, but there's some cool pseudo-science in UFF to explain how the UFF's powers work. But I won't go into details, try picking up the Doom TPB instead.

Another thing about Doom is that he's a technological genious. He can build robots and can coax people to follow him through a tattoo of a dragon. That was actually quite cool to see. ;)

Goodwill said:
Another thing about Doom is that he's a technological genious. He can build robots and can coax people to follow him through a tattoo of a dragon. That was actually quite cool to see. ;)
Unless I've gone crazy he's a genius in 616 too. The tattoo was actually an implant that did funky things to people's brains. I did like that scheme though.

Hnh, is Sue really as smart as Reed? I mean, I know she's obviously intelligent, and probably the top of her field in biology... but Reed seems to come off as smarter to me.

Maybe I am just cranky because I always liked how Reed was the smartest in the 616 universe and everyone is always like "Let's as Richards" or something along those lines.

I am not crazy!

Rawb said:
Hnh, is Sue really as smart as Reed? I mean, I know she's obviously intelligent, and probably the top of her field in biology... but Reed seems to come off as smarter to me.

Maybe I am just cranky because I always liked how Reed was the smartest in the 616 universe and everyone is always like "Let's as Richards" or something along those lines.

I am not crazy!

They're probably just as smart, just in their respective fields. You can't really compare them like that. It's like comparing a mechanic to a philospher.

Rawb said:

I agree with you on that one. But I also disagree. I think a more precise distinction between Ultimate Sue and Ultimate Reed can be made by comparing their differences.

I think Sue probably has a more INTIMATE understanding of biology and its related fields than Reed does, but I think Reed's nature as "king-poop breakthrough physicist" suggests that he thinks and works on a level that Sue can NEVER reach.

That's because for whatever Reed may lack in pragmatism, he makes up for in the kind of sheer intuitive leaps and out of the box thinking that Sue cannot achieve. He will continue to develop radical new concepts, technologies and theories that not even Dr. Storm will ever match.

I think more than anything, Ultimate Reed is a more realistic portrayal of what genius is. Genius isn't incomprehensible intelligence --- its the kind bold and novel way of thinking that seems easy to understand when its in front of you but surprisingly difficult to achieve. It's the kind of generative thinking whose products are so obvious you end up slapping yr head saying, "Why didn't we think of that?"

I think Sue being equally as smart as Reed doesn't make him less of a genius, it just makes us able to relate to him better. :D

I think the chemistry between Reed and Sue is something to be applauded and I think that Ellis is most responsible. Here we've got two extremely intelligent people, but they act human with one another, even when conversing about all of the scientific luggage they both tote. I really like that. When Ben tries to talk to them, too, there is some good stuff, too, but the relationship between Reed and Sue is something to be admired.

Yeah, the FF's anatomies are mostly explained in this, specifically Johnny's. His flame-proof skin cells can open to let plasma through, which ignite upon contact of the air. Reed's insides aren't so much organs as cytoplasm now, and Ben is pink and goey under the rock. Sue's isn't explained so much, from what I've read, and she regards herself as Earth's greatest biological mystery, not to mention Ninja-girl.

(I just read the TPB of the N-zone arc, and it ruled. The dialogue was superb)

Latest posts

Back