What comics are you currently collecting anwhat ones are you thinking of starting?

Nurhachi

Hi, I've been gone for quite a while but came back after reading all the old Ultimate Central: The Fanfic threads and it gave me a tinge of nostalgia and i found myself missing you all. Awesome to see that so many of you are still around 8) a bit sad to see that its no longer called Ultimate Central tho.

I now collect only 5 comics:

Amazing Spider-Man
New Avengers
Avengers
Secret Avengers
Thunderbolts

and I am no longer a Bendis fanboy. To tell the truth I am so sick of his writing and wish someone else would take over the Avengers books.

Im thinking of looking into:

X-Force
X-Factor
Uncanny X-Men (after Schism)
Wolverine and the X-Men (after Schism)
Justice League

Any comments on how these series are? Would you recommend them?

Re: What comics are you currently collecting anwhat ones are you thinking of starting

While I only really collect whatever Brubaker and Phillips are doing, Casanova, and The Legion of Super-Heroes anymore I still buy a lot of things. I got a lot of DCs new 52 and have trimmed out a bunch of books. From it I can only really recommend Batman, Swamp Thing and Animal Man. The rest are at best niche interest books, those three are damn good.

Re: What comics are you currently collecting anwhat ones are you thinking of starting

X-Force
X-Factor
Justice League

Nurhachi!

Uncanny X-Force is the best of those five and I would definitely recommend it. Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men are both pretty good as well. Justice League is bad and I don't really read X-Factor consistently enough to recommend it but it seems fairly solid.

Nurhachi said:

X-Force
X-Factor
Justice League

NURHACHI!

I can't believe you are considering a DC book. Go ahead; it's pretty good. Batman, Swamp Thing, & Animal Man are all better, though.

And not only that, Dr. Strangefate will be co-writing a backup feature on Batman!

Hi, I've been gone for quite a while but came back after reading all the old Ultimate Central: The Fanfic threads and it gave me a tinge of nostalgia and i found myself missing you all. Awesome to see that so many of you are still around 8) a bit sad to see that its no longer called Ultimate Central tho.

I now collect only 5 comics:

Amazing Spider-Man
New Avengers
Avengers
Secret Avengers
Thunderbolts

and I am no longer a Bendis fanboy. To tell the truth I am so sick of his writing and wish someone else would take over the Avengers books.

X-Force
X-Factor
Justice League

You'd like Toxin, Dawg.

Lol yeah it's Geoff Johns and his Green Lantern run that got me into thinking DC might be kinda ok. I've read the first issue of Animal-Man, and i'll give Swamp Thing a read. With Batman, there's so many Batman series that I never even considered adding that to my list. Which Batman series are you talking about? And are they all self contained or do they cross over? Since Doc's writing the backup stories im gonna have to check those out anyways XD

Most people who read X-Factor seem to love it. I wish there was somewhere where i could give the X-books a trial read.

What are you guys collecting these days?

PS Toxin rocked

Nur-Ha-CHI!!!!!!

Yoyoyoyo.

I am enjoying FABLES and FANTASTIC FOUR (and its companion title FF) a lot. Fun ongoing series. :)

Nurhachi said:
Which Batman series are you talking about? And are they all self contained or do they cross over?

The one that is just titled "Batman". They are not crossing over presently.

Latest posts

Back